• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Final Story team prep (pokemon X)

AkioMoto

Seer of Ledian's true power!
Years
  • So I'm starting X again and I'm really bad at choosing Pokémon for it I have 4 Pokémon set in stone and some maybe and I would like some detailed suggestions for Pokémon because you people are smarter than I am :3
    they don't have to be on the maybe list any non-legendary pokemon that is catchable before the elite four is applicable
    thank-Q for all your help-Akio
    Pokemon already chosen
    Gardevoir Name:[Athena] (Synchronize)
    Argislash Name:[Tsubaki] (Stance Change)
    Chandalure Name:[Yoshika] (Flash Fire)
    Salamence Name[Severa] (Intimidate)

Maybe Toxicroak, Yanmega, Drapion, Goodra, Crawdant, Starmie, Rhyperior, Chimecho, Trevenant, Garbodor, Clawitzer, Stunfisk, Vanilluxe, Gliscor, Tentacrual, Crustle, Barbarcale, or Rotom [neutral]

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    You'll need a Water type for crossing the water that you'll eventually have to do. Starmie works well for that, as does Lapras, but there's plenty of Water types to choose from (just don't use like Luvdisc or something lol).

The rest comes down to being able to handle the E4 and gym types fairly well. A Fire type will allow you to wreck the 1st and 4th gyms, as well as the Steel E4 member. You can start with Fennekin for that purpose. Charizard works well too (and also gives you something to Fly on).

AkioMoto

Years
  • You'll need a Water type for crossing the water that you'll eventually have to do. Starmie works well for that, as does Lapras, but there's plenty of Water types to choose from (just don't use like Luvdisc or something lol).

The rest comes down to being able to handle the E4 and gym types fairly well. A Fire type will allow you to wreck the 1st and 4th gyms, as well as the Steel E4 member. You can start with Fennekin for that purpose. Charizard works well too (and also gives you something to Fly on).
    you know I've never used a starmie and uh sorry I mislabeled the title I've started the game already but I've only beaten the 1st gym and are on my way to get a honedge sorry I'm a dumb :3c
    I think I will use stamie though :3

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    you know I've never used a starmie and uh sorry I mislabeled the title I've started the game already but I've only beaten the 1st gym and are on my way to get a honedge sorry I'm a dumb :3c
    I think I will use stamie though :3
    It's alright, you'll still be able to get Charmander soon, and it'll still be useful even though you've beaten the first gym. Doesn't even necessarily have to be Charizard, there's other Fire types that could work too.

AkioMoto

Years
  • It's alright, you'll still be able to get Charmander soon, and it'll still be useful even though you've beaten the first gym. Doesn't even necessarily have to be Charizard, there's other Fire types that could work too.

I think I'll use chandalure with flash fire I love using them now then that's 3 but I think I should opt out on Starmie because I would have a GIANT weakness to Ghost and Dark. I hope other people lend me their ideas :D and thanks for the help

Reactions: Nah
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you're looking to have a poison-type on your crew, I would recommend looking into Toxicroak. If it has Swords Dance and Drain Punch on its set, the Pokemon could wind up to be very fun to use.

AkioMoto

Years
  • If you're looking to have a poison-type on your crew, I would recommend looking into Toxicroak. If it has Swords Dance and Drain Punch on its set, the Pokemon could wind up to be very fun to use.

Actually I'm don't think I'm going to use toxicroak I don't like trying to get egg moves it's kind of a hassle. geez I'm bad at forming non-idiotic pokemon teams (I'm the idiot that would use an Unown on his team :3 ) and honestly I have no idea what pokemon to use on this team

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'd recommend Starmie too, but you already have so many Pokemon weak to Ghost on your team, so instead I recommend Clawitzer or Tentacruel as your Water type.

As for last Pokemon, I'd recommend Rhyperior or Gliscor.

AkioMoto

Years
  • This Is the Final Team
    Gardevoir Name:[Athena]
    Argislash Name:[Tsubaki]
    Chandelure Name:[Yoshika]
    Salamence Name:[Severa]
    Clawitzer Name:[Aqua]
    Gliscor Name:[Nene]

Thank-Q to everyone who helped me make this team I love how nice people are on these forms :)

(Side note Clawitzer name sounds like a redneck trying to say Cloyster try it it's fun :3)

Back