• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pkmn North & South [Recruiting]

Years
  • IMPORTANT

This game idea has been in PRE-PRODUCTION for a long time (and still is) because the scope of this game project idea is quite big and I am aware of the amount of time and hard work it would require for it to become a reality. In spite of that I wanted to share my idea/project with the community. I understand it is ONLY posible with a team. If you like the idea and would like to help me make it, don't hesitate on contacting me. ALL HELP AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS WELCOME.

eEJnTPF.png

INTRODUCTION TO THE PROJECT

I'm pepsicmb, a.k.a. Pep. I am a law school student and amateur digital artist with experience in graphic design and community management. I've been working on different design aspects of the game for over 2 years now, including making/designing the fakemon (over 50 done already and over 160 planned), writing the storyline, etc. Due to my "obsession"with this game idea I started learning how to use Blender for 3D modeling and started getting acquainted with Unity engine, all of which I have to do in whatever free time I am able to find between college, work and other activities I do as well. I am from Argentina, but I do everything about this game project in English (I also add the fakemon information in Spanish when I upload them to my deviantart), so feel free to contact me in English or Spanish (I also have an intermediate level of Russian and basic Romanian, but I'm not as fluent in those).

WELCOME TO PLATINIA!

Spoiler:

Hello there trainer, welcome to the Platinia Region! It is a beautiful place with vast plains, high snowy peaks, misty lakes, deep rainforests, desolated deserts, flaming volcanoes, colorful villages, huge and loud metropoleis and the widest river in the world. Guessed its name? Yes, Platinia River of course (also called the "Great River" by the locals), that divides the region into two main lands. But what really makes Platinia unique are of course the pkmn. Over a hundred and sixty pokemon you won't be able to find anywhere else. Platinia is a place with ancient history, where people and pokemon have lived together for centuries, where you can live your dream, but only if you are willing to work hard for it and get creative while at it. Are you ready for adventure? Then Platinia is the right place for you.

STARTING THE JOURNEY

Regular trainers in Platinia get their first pkmn at the age of fifteen from Professor Cedar, who has his lab near Platinia's capital city, Trinitipolis City. In Platinia Region aspirant trainers can choose from three starters, just like in every other region. In this case trainers can pick from Colorbri, the grass hummingbird pkmn; Flagarto, the fire spiny lizard pkmn or Pooble, the water puppy pkmn).

Spoiler:

But not every rookie trainer in Platinia has to get his or her starter from Prof. Cedar. Things in Platinia Master Trainer Academy (P.M.T.A. for short) are a little different.. P.M.T.A. is a boarding school, designed to teach the children all they need to know to be among the elite trainers of the future. P.M.T.A. is a very exclusive schools, only admitting children that are either children or relatives of very skilled trainers, like gym leaders, elite four members and league champions.Graduates get a different starter depending on what course they took. There are seventeen courses, one for each type except dragon and fairy and there also is a special Eevee course.

1LijlX3.png

YOUR BACKSTORY

Today is your big day. Congratulations graduate! Which course did you take? What starter will you pick? The answer to this questions will shape your future. You were sent to P.M.T.A. by your father Jakob, a very pretigious pokemon mythology expert and Gym Leader of Trinitipolis Gym. He had a very hard time trying to raise you, specially considering all what happened in your family.

Your mother Joyce died shortly after you were born and your older twin siblings Michel and Melina were always competing against each other to see who would take your father's spot as Gym Leader.

Your older brother Michel battled all the gyms in Platinia never losing a single match and became well known for being ruthless and aggressive. When he got to the Trinitipolis Gym Jakob decided to take a leave and let an assistant of him battle Michel, because he didn't want to cope with what it had become of his son. Michel got his 8th badge and participated in the Platinia Conference League, making it all the way to the final match. In an interview for T.V. the night before the battle a reporter asked Michel if he was nervous about it and he answered that not only he wasn't nervous at all, but also he knew that if he wanted he could easily kill one of his foe's pkmn if he wanted. Everyone thought that he as just bragging. In the final match he was winning the battle 3-0 when the crowd started cheering for his foe, mainly because of Michel's comments the day before. So he got angry and decided to prove everyone that he was the strongest trainer in Platinia. He ordered his Konigon to attack the foe's pkmn very viciously and after taking a serious beating it seemed to have fainted. When the referee took a closer look, he realized that the pkmn had died. Michel was disqualified from the match and was subject of great criticism. When the police was about to arrest him, he escaped to the mountains nearby, but in the middle of the pursuit a snowstorm happened and Michel managed to get away. When weather improved police found Michel's coat with all his pokeballs hanging on a rock by the side of a cliff. Searches continued for days, but his body was never found.

Melina decided to pursue strenght in a very different way. Instead of regular training she began experimenting with different herbs and substances to enhance her pokemon and eventually she founded her own pharmaceutical company called Pokextra Corporation. Now her company is the biggest item seller in Platinia which made her a very rich person. As a result Melina distanced herself from her father and due to what happened with her twin brother she now barely appears in public.

Now Pokextra Corporation has ventured in space exploration and has discovered nutrients that enhance pokemon power greatly, giving birth to the so called "Extra Pokemon" (or just "Ex Pokemon"), special pokemon that are more powerful than their "regular" counterparts.

But now it's time for you to build your future. How far will your journey take you?

JiFh0m0.png

This thread is brought to you by PokéSmart. Get your PokéSmart today!

Q & A

MUST READ FIRST

The answers to the following questions are not definitive, meaning that they may be subject of change in the future development. The reasons for almost all of the decisions made obey to either personal taste , a design decision that was thought convenient or a will to innovate in some gameplay aspect.

♦ Will there be other regions from previous generations?

The game will take place in the Platinia Region, which consists in two major landmasses with a big river dividing them. Platinia has a total of 5 Sub regions: South Platinia, North Platinia, Platinia River, Platinia's Delta and High Platinia, all of which have a great variety of cities, towns, landmarks and biomes to explore.

♦ How many fakemon will the game have?

There will be over 160 fakemon. Almost 60 have already been designed and the rest have their designs and general information more or less decided already (This doesn't mean there is no room for change if necessary).

♦ Will there be only fakemon in the game?

No. Apart from the fakemon there will be pokemon from generations 1 to 5. In fact, you will be able to obtain pokemon from previous generations very early in the game. Not all pokemon from generations 1 to 5 will be obtainable though.

♦ Will there be a Dark Type Gym?

No. In fact, there won't be Type based Gyms at all. In Platinia the Gyms are based on pokemon characteristics. This is made so that the Gyms are less predictable and therefore more challenging and interesting. The Elite Four is also Characteristic-based as well.

The Gyms (you can see the badge designs in the map above) are:

Newborn Gym – Sharp Badge – Leader Toshi – Specializes in pokemon with scythes and sharp edges.
    Belleview Gym – Ram Badge – Leader Fausto – Specializes in pokemon with horns.
    Trinitipolis Gym – Turbo Badge – Leader Jakob – Specializes in inorganic pokemon.
    Valleyburg Gym – Jaw Badge – Leader Friedrich – Specializes in canine pokemon.
    Everglazed Gym – Paw Badge – Leader Diane – Specialized in feline pokemon.
    Crystalbay Gym – Typhoon Badge – Leader Noah – Specializes in winged pokemon.
    Panelite Gym – Reptile Badge – Leader Pietro – Specialized in reptile pokemon.
    Colorama Gym – Art Badge – Leader Penelope – Specializes in artistic pokemon.

♦ What is the PokéSmart?

The PokéSmart is a Smartphone that runs a variety of Apps to make your life as a trainer a lot easier. Among other things you will be able to manage your team of pokemon, Pokédex, use its camera and even listen to the radio!

♦ Will there be any HMs?

No. Some former HMs will be remade as Utility Moves (UTs), which will work like TMs. Apart from that some pkmn will have certain "Skills" depending on their characteristics that will work like a UT without the need to use a move slot. Last but not least there will be some "Utility Items" that will let the player navigate maps freely without needing a UT or a pkmn with the corresponding Skill.

♦ How will TMs work?

They will work on the same way they did in Gen 5. That of course means you will be able to teach your pokemon a TM as many times as you want.

♦ Will there be fairies?

No, there won't be any obtainable fairy types in the game. The type chart, however, will be that of generation 6.

♦ Will there be mega evolutions?

No, there won't be any sort of mega evolution in the game. The game will not be in the so called "mega timeline". There will be some new evolutions to previous pokemon though.

♦ Will the game be in 2D or 3D?

The original idea is to make a 3d game using the Unity engine, trying to "copy" the graphics of the generation 6 games.

Do you have more questions about the project? Feel free to ask them below in the comments. (Questions about the plot of the game will be most likely ignored for obvious reasons)

Thanks for Reading :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • My personal desktop pc broke down, so I won't be able to work on my fakemon a lot. Luckily for me I had a lot of info about the project in a flashdrive so I will be able to work on it until I get my pc fixed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2016
    Hello, I see that your project has a lot of potential, besides the game itself will be in 3D and will use Unity.

I have seen many Pokemon fangames but was not up to the official because most are made in RPG Maker and such programs does not support 3D graphics.

Back