• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Sigma Version Demo Release (Artists Wanted)

averyindahouse

Creator of Pokemon Sigma (Coming Soon)
Years
  • Pokemon Sigma Demo Release
    Artists Wanted. See Below for Details

(If the video player doesn't work, click this link) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K0eX61J2cA
    What I Used:
    Pokemon Essentials v15.1
    Gen VI Starter kit
    Paint/Photoshop

Introduction:
    I started making this game nearly a year ago when I first started using RMXP, and I fell in love with the idea of making my own Pokemon game from the ground up. I never really liked Advanced Map, so RMXP and Pokemon Essentials was a perfect replacement.
    However, I noticed that a lot of fangames tend to be non-canon, and contain a lot of vulgar language one would not find in a typical Pokemon game made by Nintendo. So, I made the game with that in mind; to create the most canonical Pokemon fangame available.

Plot:
    You have been waiting for this day all your life. The time in which you finally get your first Pokemon from the regional professor, Professor Laurelle. You already know the drill. Challenge all trainers, conquer the Gym Leaders, and challenge the Elite Four and become the Champion. However, an unknown group of thugs known only by the name Team Flaksoft is running rampant across the Vortex Region, stealing Pokemon with a new method: straight from the PC Storage. Jonathan, the supposed "leader" is later to be revealed as one of Ghetsis' sons, and is trying to revive Team Plasma. Can you stop Jonathan before he acquires all of the stored Pokemon? Can you truly become a Pokemon Master? Only playing will tell.

Features:
    • All 721 Pokemon
    • All 48 Mega Evolutions
    • Two Brand New Regions to Explore
    • Rematches with Gym Leaders
    • Battle ALL Elite Four/Champions from ALL Regions (except Kalos, in progress)
    • 20+ Hours of Gameplay!

Progress Report:
    First Region is fully completed. I am currently working on the Second Region.

What I Need:
    Since I am a terrible artist and musician, I have a few things that need to be completed that I simply cannot do. Anybody who wants to help out is more than encouraged to contact me.
    1. 8 Badges
    2. 8 Gym Leader battle sprites, overworld sprites, and vs faces mugshots
    3. 3 Elite Four battle sprites, overworld sprites, and vs faces mugshots
    4. New Gym Leader Music
    5. New Elite Four Music
    6. New Champion Music
    7. New Villain Team Grunt Music (optional)
    8. New Villain Team Admin Music (optional)

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Gameplay:
    Gameplay Video:

If the Video Player doesn't work, Click Here!

Screenshots:
    Facing off against Admin Callaway
    Pokemon Sigma Version Demo Release (Artists Wanted)

Callaway explaining his plan

Strolling through Route 308

Encountering Admin Olivia

Challenging Admin Olivia

Fighting the Rival, Sarah

The Pokemon Graveyard entrance in Gravelstone Town

The entrance to the Coveshore City Gym

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    Click Here!
    Expected Full Release Date: February

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    So I just started the game and I picked Bulbasaur as my starter. My Rival Sarah said she chose Charmander, but when I battled her, she also had a Bulbasaur?

So I made another file playing as the female character and verified that the male, Lucas, does pick the right Pokemon.

On Route 2, Fisherman Andrew's Goldeen is partially cut off on screen.

In Autumbreak Forest, Bug Catcher Ryan's Shelmet is floating at the top of the screen

Is Johnathan's name purposefully spelled that way?

Trying to buy vitamins in the department store gave this error https://picpaste.com/deptstore-oUQaji0X.png

Last edited:

averyindahouse

Years
  • So I just started the game and I picked Bulbasaur as my starter. My Rival Sarah said she chose Charmander, but when I battled her, she also had a Bulbasaur?

So I made another file playing as the female character and verified that the male, Lucas, does pick the right Pokemon.

On Route 2, Fisherman Andrew's Goldeen is partially cut off on screen.

In Autumbreak Forest, Bug Catcher Ryan's Shelmet is floating at the top of the screen

Is Johnathan's name purposefully spelled that way?

Trying to buy vitamins in the department store gave this error https://picpaste.com/deptstore-oUQaji0X.png

Thank you for your feedback! As for the mentioned comments:

The first rival encounter with Sarah doesn't pick the right Pokemon. The rest, though, do. I'll fix that.

The Goldeen sprite has never been in the correct position, no matter how much I try to re-position the sprite. I'll see what I can do.

Shelmet's case is the same with Goldeen.

Johnathan's name will be fixed to how it should be spelled (Jonathan)

Fixed the vitamins purchase bug. The last two didn't have commas, therefore didn't register as items.

EDIT: OP Updated with new version

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Thank you!

Will you be implementing multiple save files and randomizer mode for replay value?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

averyindahouse

Years
  • Thank you!

Will you be implementing multiple save files and randomizer mode for replay value?

Spoiler:
    Multiple save files and the randomizer option could be possible. At the moment, there is a decent amount of post game available, as well as a whole new region to explore in the works too.

I plan to add HM slaves to the early routes.

Olivia will be toned down A LOT. I noticed Dewgong isn't even possible until the 30's-40's.

I've always like the name Giovani, but I could change it. As for the typo, fixed!

The Sucker Punch bug is a problem that a lot of users with the Gen 6 Addon are having. I'm am looking for a fix; however, this bug isn't game-breaking since it allows the battle to proceed.

Magikarp is just common. However, there is variety with the Pokemon you can fish up, and I plan to add more.

You get Surf in the Lighthouse in Coveshore City, after defeating all of the Grunts and the Admin.

I'm glad you like the maps!

I do plan to add more of a variety of Pokemon to many of the routes, especially since I now have the Gen VI Pokemon available.

As for the misplaced Pokemon, I've never had a problem with the aforementioned Pokemon being out-of-place. Are they misplaced when they first come out, or when the trainer switches in with them? If it's the latter, then it's a bug I am working on at the moment.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2018
    I fought a lvl 3 Pidgeotto in the first route, also Staravia.

>.>

Is ralts in this version/where is it?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    I believe the grunt should say 'ma'am', not 'mam', to Elise. Also, Elise should probably say 'I am going to defeat you right here, right now.' I think adding a comma is good. And after she's defeated, she says 'What ever', I assume you mean 'Whatever?'

Leader April says 'It also makes Pokemon above Level 70 obey your commands.' I assume you mean below?

Last edited:

averyindahouse

Years
  • Whats new?

Edit: Also, first gym leader's Kangaskhan is outspeeding and one shotting everything with mega punch...
    Nerfs to Olivia, and changes in early encounters.
    As for the Kangaskhan, the first Gym Leader is supposed to be a challenge. He is beatable, though. There are Mankey on Route 301 available to facilitate the Gym Leader.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2015
    I was able to beat Kangaskhan. It was pretty much focus energy, into a karate chop which one shot him. I recommend getting a Mankey.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2018
    Nerfs to Olivia, and changes in early encounters.
    As for the Kangaskhan, the first Gym Leader is supposed to be a challenge. He is beatable, though. There are Mankey on Route 301 available to facilitate the Gym Leader.

Mankey was what was getting one shot.

Suicided to the gym leader several times to get chansey XP to get him to lvl 17, then and only then could I kill it by outspeeding and one shotting it before getting one shot myself.

Just saiyen.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    I got the fifth badge, not sure where to go next, or where to get Fly...

Leader April says 'It also makes Pokemon above Level 70 obey your commands.' I assume you mean below?

averyindahouse

Years
  • I got the fifth badge, not sure where to go next, or where to get Fly...

Go back to Heartstone City. You can now Surf on the Route to the left of the city. Also, you should have received fly after the Rival battle in Coveshore City

Back