• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ball that makes pokemon Shiny?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2014
    Does anyone know if there's a script for a Ball that makes the caught pokemon shiny? If not, does anyone know how to do this? ~ Much Appreciated <3

Years
  • Add your new type to $BallTypes , let's call it ShinyBall

Than where all the other ball modifiers are add
    Code:
    BallHandlers::OnCatch.add(:SHINYBALL,proc{|ball,battle,pokemon|
       pokemon.makeShiny
    })

I think that should work

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2014
    Sweet, thanks a bunch! (Sorry but this is only my second day using RPGMaker, so I just wanted to ask, how would I go about making the catch rate 100%?)
    EDIT: Oh wair... actually it didn't work anyway :/ a bidoof I used as a test isn't shiny.

Years
  • this code:

Code:
       pokemon.makeShiny
    })

It does work, someone just forgot to explain that where it says "SHINYBALL" you should change that to whatever the pokeball's internal name is. (EG: GREATBALL, ULTRABALL, ect.)

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2014
    this code:

Code:
       pokemon.makeShiny
    })

It does work, someone just forgot to explain that where it says "SHINYBALL" you should change that to whatever the pokeball's internal name is. (EG: GREATBALL, ULTRABALL, ect.)

You're right ahaha, I realised that at the last second that I didn't change the name. Mybad, and as soon as I realised I had to leave home for 2 days and had no internet access. Sorry bout that guys :P

Back