• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen I'm amused, what about you, Nimbasa?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So Nimbasa City was known for its millions of amusement park-type things. We had a Ferris wheel, clowns, musicals (which we won't go into here since there's another thread buuut), a train station, pretty fountains, a rollercoaster, and stadiums!

What else would've you liked to see in terms of improving the amusement park to be even more expansive? Did you like how the rollercoaster was set up? Would've you preferred the ferris wheel to work differently? Did you want to throw pokeballs into Mr Mime's mouths and get more powerful balls out of them??? What else could've Nimbasa done to be even more amusing to you? Or do you think it was amusing enough? What was your favourite part of the whole amusement atmosphere? Share yo thoughts n____n

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I loved how Nimbasa city was setup. What I would have added was more rides, since there was only a roller coaster and Ferris Wheel. I enjoyed how the Ferris Wheel worked, buy a lot more could have been added to it. Possibly battling trainers in different cars. Nimbasa city is a little more strange than amusing. Fore example; the Pregnant lady you ride the Ferris Wheel with. Especially the girl that was supposedly being followed by an secret organization. That girl perked my interest, I would have liked to see some kind of side quest maybe? Since we never know what happens to her. Nimbasa city is my favorite city in any Pokemon game. More rides rides and events could have made it significantly better.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Needs moar rides.

For a city whose main draw is it's amusement park (and Gym), it sure was kinda lacking in rides. The Ferris wheel was cool, but rather limited. Only one ride a day, and for a month there yer riding with the same person who says the same stuff. The roller coaster was a little underwhelming, imo. But perhaps it was a limit of the tech or something. Which means that in the eventual Gen 5 remakes, Nimbasa's amusement park could be awesome.

We just have to wait a decade for that to happen.

Also....when do we ride with a pregnant woman? I don't remember that bit.

Years
  • In terms of expanding it, they could maybe have had like a water slide or something? :) Kind of like the slide on Route 14 in Kalos but with water running down it to make it seem more like a ride lol :)

My favourite part of the entertainment features was actually the stadiums, and getting to battle the athletes I thought that was really neat, especially cause the type of sportspeople always changed :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • It felt really small. I clearly remember being a little disappointed when I came across the amusement park for the first time, because they could have easily included more things or just.. better things. The Roller Coasters/Elesa's gym was really cool, though. I thought they fit nicely. I was really expecting some sort of real battle facility there, though. I know the Battle Subway is right nearby, but there could have been something here with a lot of funky rules to fit the amusement park theme.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • The amusement park kinda disappointed me when I found that all they had were just a ferris wheel and a roller coaster. No merry-go-round, no spinning teacups, etc.? I'm aware that it's because of the DS's limitations that more advanced rides couldn't be included, but to be honest, no one in their right minds would actually ever enjoy an amusement park with only two rides. On the bright side, I liked the two available rides well enough. Not much complaints about them, though I'd support improvements such as having a sort of battling system on board each ferris wheel car as suggested by Nakasu.

On the other hand, I really, really loved the stadiums! I found the idea of sportspeople taking their time off during their practice sessions to have battles extremely useful for efficiently training your team up a few levels. I also liked the fact that as you progress further through the game, the levels of the Pokemon used by the sportspeople and the number of people in each stadium increase based on different milestones you pass.

Back