• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My PWT Singles Team

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Just goofing around with the PWT's Leagues and decided to build a team to take them down. I try to use Pokemon I've never used before (or thought about using) so it's probably going to be all over the place. I have used Jolteon tons of times, but couldn't find a replacement, so... yeah.

Jolteon
Volt Absorb, Zap Plate
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Thunder Wave
Shadow Ball

Cofagrigus
Mummy, Leftovers
Will-O-Wisp
Hex
Shadow Ball
Power Split

Kingdra
Swift Swim, Lum Berry
Rain Dance
Waterfall
Outrage
Dragon Dance

Years
Hmm, these are pokemon I'm not too knowledgeable on but I'll give it a shot.

Jolteon - I see no real reason for it to have both Thunderbolt and Volt Switch. I'd swap Volt Switch for a special coverage move or Work Up or something.

Cofagrigus- Looks okay to me.

Kingdra - Kingdra. You're clearly going for speed here but I see little reason to use both the Rain Dance + Swift Swim combo and Dragon Dance since that takes up move slots. I'd replace Dragon Dance for Dragon Pulse. Outrage is powerful but you need to be certain you can KO your opponent before confusion sets in or know that what ever you switch for can take hits (I'm guessing that's why you have Cofagrigus). So you should be fine to keep outrage but you may want to consider replacing it, really I think it is fine.

Kingdra covers for Jolteon's weakness fine but you don't have much coverage for Kingdra's or Cofagrigus' weaknesses.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hmm, these are pokemon I'm not too knowledgeable on but I'll give it a shot.

Jolteon - I see no real reason for it to have both Thunderbolt and Volt Switch. I'd swap Volt Switch for a special coverage move or Work Up or something.

Cofagrigus- Looks okay to me.

Kingdra - Kingdra. You're clearly going for speed here but I see little reason to use both the Rain Dance + Swift Swim combo and Dragon Dance since that takes up move slots. I'd replace Dragon Dance for Dragon Pulse. Outrage is powerful but you need to be certain you can KO your opponent before confusion sets in or know that what ever you switch for can take hits (I'm guessing that's why you have Cofagrigus). So you should be fine to keep outrage but you may want to consider replacing it, really I think it is fine.

Kingdra covers for Jolteon's weakness fine but you don't have much coverage for Kingdra's or Cofagrigus' weaknesses.
The reason why Volt Switch is in there is to give Jolteon a scouting option; it damages the opponent, thens switches out. It's too frail to use Work Up.

I also don't see a reason for Cofagrigus to use both Shadow Ball and Hex at once. I'd rather use Shadow Ball because it's more consistent than Hex, which is only effective when the opponent is statused. If Cofagrigus' Hidden Power type is Fighting, then use that. Also, Pain Split > Power Split to give Cofagrigus some form of recovery.

Back