• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Nintendo NX Release of March 2017 Worldwide

Years
  • See, I am so mixed and thrown off about the whole thing. I am not a big Zelda fan, not that I don't like it, but it's not the series that fits just right for me. But also the fact that I feel I was too late yet on time when buying my Wii U in November. Of course I'll be saving and such for this new system, as the Nintendo fangirl within compels me to buy it no matter what.

tl;dr I want to be assured Nintendo is making good choices. I am not not particularly picky with a lot things they did recently that didn't see eye to eye with many others.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    On the other hand, it's madness because nobody even knows what the NX really is. They're raising hype about a product that nobody has even seen. It'll be hard to sell a console (Or is it a handheld? A hybrid?) if nobody even knows how it works or what it is. I was really hoping for something during E3, but if they're not going to, they'd better announce something regarding it before the Winter, or it will seriously tank like the Wii U basically did.

All there is, is a codename and a few patent filings. That's literally it. I don't mind Nintendo being secretive about it to get the competitive edge, but this is a bit absurd. I'd like to at least see what I'm getting excited about :/
    Like I said, I think September, maybe even Late August is the best bet. There is also Gamescom in July or August, which is quickly gaining the same level of media coverage E3 has, and I could assume they would want to keep a low profile on NX even there. And while they are trying to get us excited for something that is a large unknown, so far the interest over something that is basically nothing is pretty high. I would assume much like the games being ready for March, I would assume the lack of an E3 reveal is due to them wanting to finetune and convry their message in thr most opportune way, as close as possible. If this was a November Launch, I absolutely agree that E3 should be the venue, but with March, so many things can go awry with the extra 3 or so months until my supposed reveal period.
    Not to mention that the NX isn't simply a console reveal. Its probably an entire online infrastructure that has been getting its cornerstones put in place slowly(My Nintendo and the Nintendo Accouny), the NintendOS ecosystem which will see the consoles and handheld having a shared OS and ecosystem for game development, and most importantly I think their will be a tiered hardware pyramid that has to be executed and explained as thoroughly as possible. People look at Nintendo like they have 3 heads, but when it comes to NX, we already know from concept statements over the years that it isn't a simple console launch, where an announcment at a game conference apong with games will suffice. OS discussion and analysis, ease of 3rd party development, and selling the onlineside of things to the consumer I believe will be the 3 critical points of their unveiling, and again, E3 is not the right venue or the right time to smack the industry with.
    Everyone is forgetting the OS side, which is a bummer, as I personally believe that is the most important thing that will come along with NX. It will convey their design language for the upcoming years, be the true measure of how much they have actually learned from the missteps of the last 4 or so years, and show exactly what they want us to use the console for besides gaming. After the games, I think its the most important aspect. Especially as we havr Kimishima stating that the NX simply isn't a successor to the Wii U or the 3DS, implying more and more NX is the ecosystem and not the end product.

So yeah to sum it up: a non-E3 announcement is the most logical choice. If we were to get one, I would be worried there is less to it then I assume, but thankfully its the the case.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • This video perfectly describes the current situation of this NX news:

There's always PAX West to look forward to for our NX reveal.

Back