• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revamped UU Team.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    Lead:

Probopass @ Leftovers
    Calm
    252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe
    -Stealth Rock
    -Thunder Wave
    -Earth Power
    -Power Gem

* Basically my strategy is to start with Thunder Wave, let them set-up an entry hazard and insure my entry hazard gets set next turn. After that depending on the usual switch I either continue paralyzing or switch him out.

Physical Sweeper:

Shiftry @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
    -Swords Dance
    -Sucker Punch
    -Seed Bomb
    -Low Kick

* Shiftry is one of the most underrated pokemon on my team. I bring him in whenever I can come in on something weak to grass, expecting a switch and Swords Dance once, then depending who they bring in I either Swords Dance again or Sucker Punch. A lot of people don't realize that after Stealth Rock damage, one boosted Sucker Punch will most likely break them. If I feel the pokemon will withstand the Sucker Punch I resort to Seed Bomb or Low Kick respectively.

Special Sweeper:

Charizard @ Life Orb
    Rash
    60 Att / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
    -Roost
    -Fire Blast
    -Hidden Power (Electric)
    -Brick Break

* Charizard is usually used as a huge deterrent. No one in a right mind keeps a grass type in play when he comes out. Expecting the switch for a water type I usually proceed with Hidden Power. If I don't feel like they will be bringing in someone who is weak to it I might just switch him out.

Special Sweepr II:

Raichu @ Life Orb
    Timid
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    -Nasty Plot
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Encore

* Raichu usually doesn't set himself up, though he has the option depending on what the other team has. He's a really good sweeper when he gets that momentum but most anything OHKO's him, which is my biggest problem with him.

Support:

Politoed @ Leftovers
    Calm
    252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    -Surf
    -Toxic
    -Ice Beam
    -Encore

* Politoed makes an excellent Special Wall, he can usually stand at least one Thunderbolt and more then likely gets the Encore or Toxic off. Why would I have a water type Encore a Thunderbolt? Predictable switch in for Probopass to wreck the electric type or force a switch and get the incoming Pokemon paralyzed.

Baton Passer / Support II / Special Sweep:

Espeon @ Leftovers
    Timid
    252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -Substitute
    -Baton Pass

* Espeon has gotten me out of holes a few times. The normal Substitute / Baton Pass type but if they decide to waste time after he starts setting up then I can just launch Psychic's at them when he's powered up. Also, one thing I did the other day was by accident, I had Espeon +6 SpA and SpD then Baton Pass it to Probopass. Probopass went and walled the whole other team. Usually the pass goes to Raichu or Charizard though, and sometimes Politoed.

So basically I'm just looking for a way to improve the team. I've been thinking of a Physical Baton Passer to help Shiftry out, but I'm not really sure what I should do. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    Sorry, I only did because I hadn't received any thoughts, it's been four days! lol.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    ok soo ill give you a thought YOU NEED DEFENCE you lack anything to realy take a hit on this team besides probopass with is easly countered by the oh so common choice banded hitmonlee or primape i do under stand your going for a hyper offensive team but if you come up against a sp wall your pretty much screwed such as cafable and your probly saying well i got shiftry for the physical side well most teams card a physical wall also and even if they dont you can easly be towix and life orb stalled no problem so take this into considaration if you would like to see what i mean vm me for a battleand i can show you the glaring weaknesses

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    I'd love to have you show me what you mean, and I didn't mean to make the team a physical team, it's really the first somewhat successful team I have made. What is a VM and how do I do it?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    I would keep my sceptile in against a charizard any day. hidden power rock coming from nearly 750 special attack would handle any charizard. You need walls though. From the looks of it you dont have any wall breakers so a a special and physical wall would stop you. I'd say you need a special and physical wall.If i used my Steelix against your shiftry youd have some difficulties and you've got 2 special sweepers. You really only need one. My advice to you would be this:Lead, Support, physical wall, special wall, physical sweeper, special sweeper. I posted a topic yesterday about my UU team so you might want to take a look at that to get an idea of what I'm talking about. Again I can't stress enough how badly you need walls. A faster sweeper is going to have no problem sweeping your team. My Ursaring after the first turn is faster then then most of the pokemon you're using and will have x2 attack so without a wall leaves you defenseless. Look into a physical and special wall you won't regret it.

firebolt12

pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2012
    :)

Nice set up, I think you might need a healer/wall/ tank in there, nut otherwise, its really a great team. Beware of using raichu though....

Back