• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Roller skating rules

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
I never thought those words would ever leave my mouth being an ex skate boarder, I seriously love this new feature though, the animations are great and there's loads of then as well. I like it so much I haven't even rode my green bike yet and green is my favourite colour (btw this site keeps correcting me to the American spelling of favourite, am I cool to spell stuff the English way?)

So as cool as the new feature is, will they add a skateboard option in the future? skate culture is huge in Japan so conceptually it makes a lot of sense, I think it would mainly ride on whether they could animate it with the current hardware/software available. having an extra dimension like skate boarding could bring a lot more features to the game as well, the whole skate park idea could be fleshed out, mini games added and stuff like that. as long as it isn't drawing away from the central theme which is pokemon, I think it would be a great addition to the game.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Skate culture is big in Japan? I didn't know that.

I suppose it could be possible for them to have a skateboard in Pokemon. Maybe be kind of like a combination of the bike and the roller skates. Though some people would probably get uppity over the removal of a "staple" like the bike.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I didn't know about that, either, to be honest, haha. Anyhow, I'm fond of this feature they have added into these games.

Firstly, they're a nice alternative to running-shoes. With shoes, we're able to travel more fast than walking, but with skates, we have chance to do that much, much more fast; am sure many of us appreciate this (including myself, of course)!

The only thing I have found myself disliking regarding roller-skates is how tough they make it at times controlling the player. If you're not experienced with them, you will likely have a frustrating time.

As far as having skateboard in Pokémon goes, why not? It would be fun to try, at least in my eyes.

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
yeah in Japan skate culture is big, not sure about the actual skate boarding though (theres at least a few Japanese pros) All the skate brands are huge, for instance there's a company from Lafayette street in Manhattan in New York that had an independent skate shop there, that shop has more branches in japan than anywhere else in the world and it only has 1 store in the whole of Europe, 1 in Canada, the original in New York, 1 in LA and then there's about 15 of them in Japan cos it's huge. They just call it "Street Fashion" but it's mostly skate brands that make up this look.

The Rollerskating can be a littl tough at times but you get the hang of it. I still don't know how to do half of the tricks though.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I enjoyed the feature, and didn't find it too hard to get to grips with. I made for a very fun way to traverse Kalos.

I didn't know about the skate culture in Japan either, but you learn something every day eh?

Skateboards in Pokémon could be great fun, and the mechanics fun to work with. Unfortunately, I'm not sure Game Freak will implement it, for fear of it gearing away from the Pokémon. I can see the advantages of it though, and if it did appear I'm sure many would enjoy it. I'd find it a good addition to the game, but it could render the 'Bike' useless, which could have hardcore fans moaning about it. That's the only downside I really see.

Years
While the roller skates were a decent enough feature, I never really did much with the extra tricks like the backflips, or at least that Cosmic Flip or whatever the last trick was. It was still fun going down rails and going fast, though.

blue

gucci
Years
At first it was a completely new feature to the games, so it was always going to be awesome. After getting adjusted to it and using the Roller Skates for some time, I found them rather tedious to be using them for transportation. I actually think I used the Bicycle/Walked more than using the Roller Skates towards the later half of the game.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
The roller skate tricks were certainly nice, but there was little reason to use them/few places to use them. They shoulda had some more places for that kind of stuff.

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
Do any of you do the constant speed boost thing? always use it when breeding. If you tap forward every 3 seconds or so you always maintain top speed, I'm sure it makes you get eggs faster too, ha ha.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Do any of you do the constant speed boost thing? always use it when breeding. If you tap forward every 3 seconds or so you always maintain top speed, I'm sure it makes you get eggs faster too, ha ha.
Not for breeding. I use the bike for breeding cuz it's easier to just hold a direction for a while. But I do dash a lot with the skates to speed things up.

Years
I use both the skates and the bicycle, the former if I'm in the mood for doing awesome tricks and the latter when I need to raise happiness or hatch any eggs, so they do both have their uses.

Back