• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Machamp! Why u now UU?!!

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Machamp (M) @ Lum Berry Trait: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge
- Payback
- Bullet Punch

Standard Machamp Attacking Lead Set imported from 4th Gen. I love how Dynamicpunch works with Machamp. Confusion is awesome. Lum Berry for status healing when burned or toxic'ed.

Dragonite (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Rest

A Chesto-Rest Dragonite. I can DD at max of 3 sometimes and heal all the damage off with Rest. Multiscale helps me maintain my health after using Rest.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 242 HP / 100 SDef / 160 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Protect

- Toxic

Specially Defensive Heatran, phazer, and still a decent Special Attack. Air Balloon to switch in to Ground type moves.

Ferrothorn (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 160 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Standard Ferrothorn set. I'm not fond of using this, so I might replace it with something,

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Def / 76 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Wish
- Roar
- Protect

This helped me a lot in 4th Gen so I think it will also work well in the 5th. Scald as a damaging move that can cripple Physical Attackers, Wish to heal, Roar to phaze, Protect to... protect.

Claydol @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Def / 76 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Trick
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

I've been seeing how awesome Claydol functions: as a spinner, ground absorber (except those which carry Mold Breaker), entry-hazard layer, and even Trick! Trick is a good counter for those who use Swords Dance, Bulk Up, and other Attack raising moves. They won't like the Specs they get.

Substitute Pokemons:

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, - Atk)
-Counter
-Mirror Coat
-Protect / Scald
-Recover

CounterCoat Gastrodon. A bit more SDef since most counters use Grass type moves, which are mostly Special Attacks. Protect functions well to tell whether the opposing Pokemon is an Attacker or a Special Attacker.

I need your criticism. :)

Last edited:

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
I would say trash Claydol. It's pretty useless in the higher tiers, plus, without rapid spin... it's kinda bad. Also, get rid of it because you have two Stealth Rockers if you have it... One's enough. Also, a lot better things get Trick (like Rotom!).

If you're worried about ground moves, you always have Dragonite, Heatran (on a balloon!), and, to a certain degree, Ferro to absorb. If you're really worried, you could use a Rotom wash or something.

Also for Dragonite, Resto-Chesto is awesome, (you could always switch it to Roost-Lefties/Lum if you wanted as well to improve its survivability due to Multiple uses. ^^), but I would switch Dragon Claw for Outrage. It's got more raw power and is the best Dragon move in the game by far. It will guarantee that late game sweep. Maybe you could give that your Lum Berry too, just to annoy your opponent more. x3

For your Machamp, the reason it's UU is because there are some really good checks for it in OU (Jellicent, for one. Gengar is fun, Skymory could probably wall it as well) and since No Guard effects everything on the field, that Will-o-Wisp is going to burn (no pun intended). I guess that the Lum Berry does help... But I dunno, it's just slow, especially if you are running Adamant with no speed investments. If you can bluff the scarf, that would be good I suppose.

And get that Rocky Helmet off of Ferro! It seems like a good idea on paper, but so does Communism. Not much is going to be physically attacking Ferro, and it would benefit from Leftys a lot more.

Otherwise, your team seems pretty defensive. Is that what you are going for?

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2012
For your Machamp, the reason it's UU is because there are some really good checks for it in OU (Jellicent, for one. Gengar is fun, Skymory could probably wall it as well) and since No Guard effects everything on the field, that Will-o-Wisp is going to burn (no pun intended). I guess that the Lum Berry does help... But I dunno, it's just slow, especially if you are running Adamant with no speed investments. If you can bluff the scarf, that would be good I suppose.

disagree on this

I used Machamp a lot as my lead in gen4, and it's still an awesome Pokèmon. Beside of Ghost Types there are no Machamp Counters because confusion and good coverage/atk stat can KO anything with a bit of luck, and skarmory takes 3hko from dynamicpunch not considering damage on roost lol.

It's UU just because it's too easily revengekillable and 2hkoable, also the team preview killed the concept of anti-lead.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
I would say trash Claydol. It's pretty useless in the higher tiers, plus, without rapid spin... it's kinda bad. Also, get rid of it because you have two Stealth Rockers if you have it... One's enough. Also, a lot better things get Trick (like Rotom!).

If you're worried about ground moves, you always have Dragonite, Heatran (on a balloon!), and, to a certain degree, Ferro to absorb. If you're really worried, you could use a Rotom wash or something.

Also for Dragonite, Resto-Chesto is awesome, (you could always switch it to Roost-Lefties/Lum if you wanted as well to improve its survivability due to Multiple uses. ^^), but I would switch Dragon Claw for Outrage. It's got more raw power and is the best Dragon move in the game by far. It will guarantee that late game sweep. Maybe you could give that your Lum Berry too, just to annoy your opponent more. x3

And get that Rocky Helmet off of Ferro! It seems like a good idea on paper, but so does Communism. Not much is going to be physically attacking Ferro, and it would benefit from Leftys a lot more.

Otherwise, your team seems pretty defensive. Is that what you are going for?

Forgot to replace SR with Rapid Spin on Cladyol, that was its main use, not actually SR. Mixed up two Claydol sets by mistake. I'll take the advise with Ferrothorn and give it Leftovers instead of helmet. Machamp isn't easily walled by Skarmory (thanks to Dynamicpunch and Stone Edge) even if it is a Defensive Pokemon. I'm not sure about Outrage since Confusion is a risk and can be walled by pesky metal types. Only counter I could think of right now for Dragonite is Heatran. The reason why Claydol is there is to absorb Lightning attacks. Lastly, yes, this is a stall team.

disagree on this

I used Machamp a lot as my lead in gen4, and it's still an awesome Pokèmon. Beside of Ghost Types there are no Machamp Counters because confusion and good coverage/atk stat can KO anything with a bit of luck, and skarmory takes 3hko from dynamicpunch not considering damage on roost lol.

It's UU just because it's too easily revengekillable and 2hkoable, also the team preview killed the concept of anti-lead.

^Probably the reason. Poor Machamp.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Isn't your Dragonite supposed to be Adamant if it's running DD? (unless you forgot to change the nature in Team Builder)

Back