• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pocket Engine - Your own Pokemon MMO

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hello pokefans,

this is a javascript based pokemon engine with a wysiwyg realtime editor. The engine is far from done, but already looks pretty neat.
The sugar of this engine is the wysiwyg realtime editor and the easy api to add new entities with many custom settings.

The engine renders over WebGL with a 2d canvas fallback, comes with a 3D audio engine and supports normal map based sprite lighting.

Demo: Link
Source: Github

The big Todos:
Spoiler:

Nerd cave:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

TheKenny

The only real Kenny!
Years
Wow, it looks really good so far and runs smooth at 60FPS for me. I really like the smooth camera and the seemlessly walking animation.

But the speech bubbles from the NPCs are kinda buggy, I only see the first three letters, also the whole engine froze when I walked into the sign beside the house. The animations and NPCs were still moving, but I couldn't move anymore.

Keep up the work, you can achieve something big with this!

Back