• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

he's 4 months old :)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • Growing up I never had any siblings of my own at would often look after kids younger than me. Not in the sense of baby sitting, but my extended family held a lot of gatherings and trips often and looking after them really filled up for always being alone as an only child all the time. I've always grown up looking after those younger than me (a lot with a large age difference from me), and basically have seen some of them grow from young toddlers to larger children. They aren't mind, but I'd love to raise my own kids and watch them grow the same way I did to my younger family relatives - especially my godson :p.

In the future I would love to have kids, but that future is far far from here when I'm hopefully ready and financially stable enough for them.
    I guess I'd like to have 2 kids. Boys preferable, but I'd love a girl too! One is great, but I would like a second. Third is a bit of a handful since growing up with my cousin who had 3, she always seemed to have a lot on her hands.

Name-wise I hadn't given it much thought. Thought it'd be best closer to the time and discussed with whoever my future husband is.

Years
  • I'm currently trying to get pregnant (surprise!). I'll know by the end of the week whether it worked, otherwise it's going to be a wine, salami and soft cheese party!

My husband and I ideally want two (a boy and a girl). If we get two of the same gender, we're going to consider whether we have a third. If I can get a boy-girl twins in my first pregnancy that would be ideal, because:
    1. I'm not looking forward to the process of child birth
    2. I really like wine, salami and soft cheeses
    3. Less of an impact on my career.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • I already have one. She's a peach.

I do not plan on having more, though, because labor wrecked me and it wasn't fun for anyone, except when I just got my epidural and was put on oxygen. I was so exhausted and doped up that I started impersonating Bane.

I was in labor for nearly 70 hours before they gave me a c-section. It became clear that my body didn't want to cooperate.

The stress isn't too bad, but I won't deny that I've had days when I wanted to be completely left alone. Peace and decent sleep is a luxury now.

She will be 1.5 years later this month. Toddlerhood reared its ugly head and tantrums have become a thing, but luckily it hasn't happened in public. She's actually pretty mellow most days. I'm thankful for that. She spares her wrath only for me and at this point, I can take it.

My only advice is this: Prepare to say "no" to absurd demands and actions. "No, stop trying kiss your reflection in the bath water. You will drown yourself." That was last night's gem. She's vain.

Years
  • I do want kids, but not a lot of them. Also. ANY kids I have, I want to have within a close age-range to one another. Any farther apart than 3 years is too far. In my family, there are 4 kids, of which I am the second youngest. My older brother is almost 27, my older sister is almost 25, I'm 20, and my little brother is 15. My two older siblings had a lot of fun growing up together and were really close because they were only 2 years apart, so they went through similar changes and phases at the same time. Then I was born like 4.5 years later, and then 5 years after I was born, my little brother was born. SO I'm smack in the middle with a siblings 5 years in either direction and it just wound up with me being an isolated middle child growing up. Now that I'm older though, I'm really close with my younger brother because my older sister was sort of a bully and my two older siblings kind of paired off growing up anyway, leaving my little brother and I as the odd ones out.
    My older brother is also really cool, but the age difference makes it a little harder, with him being 7 years older. And he's 12 years older than my little brother. He'll be like 30 by the time my little brother graduates which is weird.
    My little brother doesn't have the same sibling bond with him because basically his entire life, my older brother has just been this way older sibling that just comes and visits sometimes.
    SSSSOO. In short, yes I want kids. But I only want 2, or an even number, close in age to avoid the middle child business and so they all have someone to play with. The thing is, I'm prone to having twins because my mother is a twin and there are twins on my dad's side as well. So I'm worried that what if I have one kid, and then my second pregnancy is twins...? >__> It'd ruin the whole system ahaha

I want to have the kids myself, but I think if my first pregnancy wasn't twins, then I'd want to try to adopt a second child. Although, I'm not sure because it's expensive and I don't know if I'll ever be able to afford it.

EEEhhh it's hard to say I'll play favorites unless one turns out being a total jerk for no reason.

As far as names go, there are names I like but who knows what'll change. I like Ezra, Peter, Evelynn, Eleanore, and Edgar.

I'd like two children, one boy, one girl. Twins would be nice, I don't think they'd be as prone to fighting with each other as perhaps when one's older than the other. ...(snipped)

Haha, my mom is an identical twin and she fights with her twin sister more than any of her other siblings. I think it can go either way.

Years
  • It's too far away for me to know if I'd want to have kids or not. It'd probably be nice so that I'm not the last one in my family to exist, but at the same time, it'd probably require a lot of dedication to decide if I'd want a child or not.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • Still unsure, but I'd like a twin boy and a twin girl.
    I'm tempted to name them Lothar and Athena, but I have a feeling that might not go well with the future Mrs.

Years
  • i do want children, a boy and a girl, and i won't force them to do anything, but one or both of them will hopefully play tennis

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I dont want any Children. im not the house wife type of girl. I have way too much I wanna do in the future to be held back in my home. Since im the traveling type, settling down in one place isn't my thing. Plus I had to deal with being the only girl out of 4 Brothers I basically had to take care of. I'm not a fan of it anymore.

Elara

Book Diver
    Years
  • I'd love to have children one day, just not a day right now. I am getting older and it's something I think about a lot more than I ever used to. Ahh... hate admitting I'm getting older... :(

Like others, I want two, both a boy and a girl. I kind of want my first to be a boy though! I don't know why. I love having a big brother so I'd want my daughter to have the same experience I had.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I'd like to have children, but for when I am waaay older. As much as it might sound harsh -- children can be hindrances, especially if you want to pursue your own dreams on your own, travel and just live life a little first. Once I've done all that I've wanted, then I would consider having children. If I did, I'd probably like 3, two girls and a boy, or two boys and a girl.

Years
  • I would like to eventually have one, maybe two kids. That would be very far into the future, though, since I'm not terribly good with children. But I would want to have either a son and daughter, or just a daughter.

Back