• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I've got such a headache!"

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Eat, drink, sleep, repeat. I get a lot of headaches during the cold, and there's not much other than painkillers which helps. Not the same thing, but similarly; I get a lot of migraine trouble. For that I take some prescribed medication when I get what's called an "aura", which is a preventative measure and dulls a lot of the pain. From there I try to lay in a dark room until it passes. Not fun.

Years
  • I had one maybe 2 days ago, took some Panadol, and in a few hours it was gone. That's basically how my headaches work, they hurt maybe a 4/10 max and have no resistance to medicine whatsoever. I guess that's a good thing. I don't get them very frequently at all, maybe a few times every three months as long as I don't get a cold or anything, which I usually don't.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Headaches are the story of my life. I've always coped with pain medication (which sometimes works?), ice packs, and cornsacks (I don't know if people generally know what those are, but they are really helpful).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I very rarely get headaches, I actually can't remember the last time I had one tbh. If ever I do get one though I just take myself somewhere quiet and have a lie down.

9k posts woo.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • eh... I never really get them.
    the majority of the time it's just a light throb but goes away if i take meds, but usually it's not bad enough for me to need any.

once though (i was like 9/10/11 idk) i had a really bad one and it felt like someone was hammering a nail into my head and lasted for two days RIp

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • I get them pretty regularly, mostly due to stress or extremely loud noises. Sometimes I get migraine-like headaches out of the blue, but I don't have a diagnosis. The best way I've found to treat those is to take some Tylenol or Excedrin and rest (preferably in a dark, quiet room).

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I get headaches very often. Usually, I wake up with one for some reason, even if I got a good amount of sleep. If I don't have one already, I'll develop it through the day. Every workday is practically a guaranteed headache. What I do is just take some pills often. I try not to... but sometimes it gets too unbearable and I'd rather just have it go away now. The pills only negate the pain minorly, because the only true way for me to get rid of my headaches is for me to take a nap after I've taken a pill, which isn't something I want to do most of the time.

Years
  • I get them pretty regularly, mostly due to stress or extremely loud noises.

This is exactly how I suffer headaches, especially given how easily stressed I get due to always being stuck in the middle of my constantly happening family conflicts, and I also can't tolerate loud noises, with screaming kids being the worst offender.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Most of my headaches are from not eating or lack of sleep so all I usually do is eat some food or take a nap and I'll be find. If that is not the case, If it's not gone after that, then I'll take a few pain reducers and I'm good.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Having TMJ, I get headaches pretty much daily. I normally drink lots of water, take Tylenol and apply pressure to areas such as my neck or my temples. Some days, my headaches get so severe.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Luckily, I don't get headaches much at all. Not even after I've been drinking! Whenever I do get a headache(even the bad ones!) it typically goes away if I take some ibuprofen or another pain killer and drink a tall glass of water.

When I was younger, I used to get them quite a great deal more for reasons that are beyond me--so I know the pain that is associated with them. My best advice is to stay well hydrated, well rested, and to maintain a balanced diet with proper vitamin intake. That is the only real difference between myself now and when I was younger and used to frequently get these headaches.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've been getting them so often the past few years... :( I used to very rarely get headaches, maybe a slight one a couple times of year. Now, I get them much more frequently, at least once a week and I get very severe migraines probably once every like... 2-3 months? Like, very severe. Turn off all of the lights and turn off anything that's making noise and maybe the jackhammer sensation in my head will go down to a regular hammer.

It's pretty bad.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I can't remember the last time I've gotten a headache, but it seldom happens, so that's pretty good.

Whenever I do get a headache, I would either work out or sleep it off, both of which usually do the trick.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    When I was younger I would get headaches when it was sunny. It was such a hindrance, but it went away over time. I don't get many now but if I do I just take painkillers and have a lie down.

Years
  • When I was younger I got headaches all the time... it was such a pain (figuratively and literally). I can't remember the last time I had one though, which is a pretty big relief. I was always told when I got them not to play games or watch TV, because that'd make them worse... but I did find out that playing 3DS games with the 3D on seemed to make them go away (for me personally, anyway). Whether that was just because I was relaxing and playing games, who knows, but it worked!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Even though I'm glad that I don't get headaches much often now, I find out that usually I got one when I was stressed or when I was having lack of sleep, so sleeping and resting pretty much solves it.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I have to take a pain killer such as vicodin for mine. Tylenol and other pain relievers won't touch it. Usually, I try to sleep or listen to music after taking a vicodin. The music tends to take the pressure off by distracting me from the pain and getting the vicodin to work faster.
    Can you also cure my crazy bizarre disease?

The only time I get headaches are when I deliberately overwork my brain, in activities such as software development (most commonly). When it comes on it's as simple as stopping, unloading what's in my head, and restarting, continuing with my work.

I think the most accurate analogy I can make is to liken my brain to the stack and heap of a CPU (if you're a programmer you'll understand).

Mentally, the stack of mine for logic gets overloaded and I have to break out of what I'm doing to put that work into the heap. Basically a headache for me is catching a stack overflow exception lol

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I usually get headaches if I'm too hot or tired. Those are my main triggers. If I do get them, I normally lie down and take a rest. If it gets too intense, I take Panadol and sleep it off. I remember to drink more water too. The headache will clear off eventually.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I used to get them so often that a doctor had to prescribe medicine to me and said I had frequent migraines, or something.

But then my oldest brother left for college, and the day he left, I stopped having any headaches.

Back