• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your dream PC

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • Unless we're really loaded, usually we're not one to already touting that PC we always wanted… that dream PC of ours. Even if you have though, you can share what your dream PC would be like! Anything from a general idea to specific parts you'd like or even a full-on build sheet are great to post here. Tell us what PC would make your digital day, eh?

I've actually been planning to put together a PC for personal use, and I spent a good while back in December rounding out my build for what exactly I want in a PC. A lot of the builds I came up with were pretty off the mark, but after a lot of consideration I've pretty much finalized the build unless Nvidia releases the GTX 950 (Ti) at a reasonable price range before I buy it, or if the Intel 730 Series SSDs come down a little more in price. Intel is great for reliability and longevity, along with performance too, albeit their products are… expensive. Take a look.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've always been wanting to have a computer optimized for gaming.

Although I'm not much of a PC-gamer (I prefer consoles), there are still a few computer games here and there that I would love to try my hands on, with one being Minecraft. I do have it installed on my laptop, but runs terribly, to the point it's not actually… worth playing, haha. Every time you attempting having your character take a step backward or forward, the game would lag. If too many actions are taken at once, it would crash.

If I had a computer that could at least handle some video games, I would love it. Unfortunately, however, they seem to be sort of pricey at times, causing them to be out of my league (for now, I cannot afford). Hopefully, I will get this covered one day.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    hm my dream pc, I am not particular about brands but it shall ahve lots of space and a SSD hard disk., and lots of ram . I used to own a pc that was so old the most RAM it could have was 512. which sucked if you went on the internet lol.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • It seems that the idea of a "dream PC" actually slipped my mind in the OP – so a few minutes ago I decided to put together a build sheet for the ultimate PC in my opinion. Here is the sheet, but for convenience I'll list the parts here too. There are details I need to explain anyway.

Spoiler:

So yeah, that's… what I'd like, as a 2015 end-all-be-all PC. It sits at $2,300 at the moment - I'd love to see how long it lasts. Hehe.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I'm no PC gamer but it would be awesome to run emulators lie dolphin at full speed. A dream PC might be a i7 Intel CPU, a nVidia GPU (no idea what's the latest model), a SSD of 250 GB plus a 1TB hard drive. A mechanical keyboard would be a nice extra,

Years
  • My dream PC is something that I can use all of my programs with and have no lag problems or lock up constantly.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I would want a PC that will have what it takes to render videos so quickly when editing one, playing some games without any lag, and watching shows, so my dream specifications might look like this. It's very pricey for sure (with total of $4140.24 to boot at time of writing), but the performance when doing multimedia stuffs wouldn't be disappointing.

Oh, and I used two hard drives because I want to separate their purposes, 4 TB for system drive and 8 TB for video storage files, especially when I use it to store the video material for the editing or when I saved the video from the internet, because HD videos would demand lots and lots of memory storage.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I haven't really thought about the specifics but my dream PC would be a PC that never gets slow, has incredible graphics, is lightning fast and lets me play any game no matter its size or requirements.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Well, I guess the Hal 9000 processor is off the table. . .

Although, computers age and with it the ability to play the newest and best games, films and movies. I would want one that wouldn't become obsolete or fail in performance for at least 2 decades (I've had one reach one decade before). Suffice it to say I drew out plans to have one with 10Tb of available space and wanted to see if I could grab the fastest available RAM out there; I forget, but it was in Gb at the time I think, but I wouldn't mind if the RAM was pushed to a Tb, and before you say that's not possible you haven't worked with DOS and their 10 Mb floppy discs.

I have a list in here somewhere of what I was dreaming of putting together, but I think I lost it. If I find it I'll let you know.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I realise that currently have it...albeit I want to swap out my CPU soon. I'm running GTX 970 crossfire, so 8GB's of VRAM and plenty of horse power. I have a 4.2GHZ AMD CPU, which I want to swap out for Intel at some point. I recently installed water cooling, I have 5 drives (which amount to a couple TB's), including an OCZ Agility SSD. I want to get a bigger SSD since my current is only 60, I bought it when SSD's were new on the market and extremely expensive.

So as of now, I have a few small things to update but between my drive space, and monster graphic/cpu power I have little need for anything. Naturally we'd all like to have a PC with 4 TITAN Z's, and liquid nitrogen cooling but...let's be practical eh?

I just want a MacBook Pro :(

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • So as of now, I have a few small things to update but between my drive space, and monster graphic/cpu power I have little need for anything. Naturally we'd all like to have a PC with 4 TITAN Z's, and liquid nitrogen cooling but...let's be practical eh?

The only thing that gets much colder in the elements is liquid oxygen cooling. Put that in your tubes.

My build has been tweaked a bit, and for a link that I will be updating as I change it, you can click here. The PC alone is very aggressively priced, satisfying all of my wants with a modest amount of future-proofing given my purposes (general, that is). The monitor is going to be killer, both in cost and experience. I'm going to love that.

Oh, and I should mention I'll be getting glass furniture for it too. There'll be a glass shelf for all of my IT work (spare parts, PCs being worked on), a glass desktop for my main PC, and an office chair too. That's in another monetary sum, though. But it is laid out to be bought. :)

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • The Librem 15
    Seriously, I LOVE this thing! The only thing I'm waiting on is confirmation of a lightup keyboard. If that's the case, I'm gonna get this. It's a fully open source laptop, minus some small piece of motherboard firmware iirc. It's reached almost twice the Kickstarter backing.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    At this point anything with a working screen would be sweet.

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
    Years
  • I realise that currently have it...albeit I want to swap out my CPU soon. I'm running GTX 970 crossfire, so 8GB's of VRAM and plenty of horse power. I have a 4.2GHZ AMD CPU, which I want to swap out for Intel at some point. I recently installed water cooling, I have 5 drives (which amount to a couple TB's), including an OCZ Agility SSD. I want to get a bigger SSD since my current is only 60, I bought it when SSD's were new on the market and extremely expensive.

So as of now, I have a few small things to update but between my drive space, and monster graphic/cpu power I have little need for anything. Naturally we'd all like to have a PC with 4 TITAN Z's, and liquid nitrogen cooling but...let's be practical eh?

You can't have a PC with 4x TITAN Z. This is because TITAN Z is already a dual GPU card. Maximum no of TITAN Z you can have is 2 for 4 way SLI of the Kepler big core which each TITAN Z has 2 of.

Apple hater here. Macbook suxxxxxxx.

Back