• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Still having issues with Member Encyclopedia

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I was going to make a brand new introduction thread since my other one is pretty much dead (which I had hoped a mod or someone would close if they found it), but then when I tried to hit the new thread button... it said this:

"You need at least 25 posts in Member Encyclopedia to start a thread."

I have over 2,000 posts right now, and I shouldn't be having this problem. O_o I know it's been mentioned before, but I think this is different from what others were dealing with. D: I really want to create a new thread there, but it doesn't seem like I can.

Years
  • I was going to make a brand new introduction thread since my other one is pretty much dead (which I had hoped a mod or someone would close if they found it), but then when I tried to hit the new thread button... it said this:

"You need at least 25 posts in Member Encyclopedia to start a thread."

I have over 2,000 posts right now, and I shouldn't be having this problem. O_o I know it's been mentioned before, but I think this is different from what others were dealing with. D: I really want to create a new thread there, but it doesn't seem like I can.

I think this refers to having 25 posts in the section itself. Audy did mention something about revamping the Member Encyclopedia, and he said that in the revamped version, you would need 25 posts in the section before you could make a thread, so this must have been implemented already. I can't make a thread in it either.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    That's kind of what I figured after a while. D: I don't see how anyone is going to know they made 25 posts unless they were to count each post they made. O_o
    A way of checking is as such:

Go into the forum section, and click on Search, choose "Advanced Search" from the menu
    Spoiler:

Enter your username under "Search by User Name", and then under "Show Results as", choose "posts"
    Spoiler:

Hit search, and it will tell you how many posts you've made in the section, in your case, it's 21. Almost there!
    Spoiler:

Hope that helps :]

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Perhaps as a tiny suggestion, could the forum description be updated to say "To make a thread in this section, you must make a minimum of 25 posts in this section." or something along those lines as to reduce the confusion it seems to instill?

good call, not sure how this was missed out before

Back