• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resolved: Dear God fix the elongated message boxes...

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
  • I think it's possibly the worse feature I've seen for a forum thus far especially for threads with long main posts that are edited often and CSS-heavy. I don't even want to edit my threads because I have to super scroll to the bottom rather than using the old convenient scrollbar on the side and quickly pressing preview or submit without scrolling for a minute. So either I'd like to know how to remove this feature or when it'll be fixed / added to remove that feature thanks

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I'm actually having a legitimate difficulty understanding what your issue is. Maybe you can explain it with more clarity so we can actually attempt to find a solution for you?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Can you provide for us a screenshot highlighting the aspects of the forum you find problematic, please?

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Do you mean how under your username and avatar, the postbit goes vertical rather than horizontal? That can stretch posts out quite a bit, regardless of what someone's signature looks like. If that's the problem, you can go to User CP > Edit Options > Post Display Mode > Choose "Standard".

The only other thing I can think of is that you think the default font size on the forum is too big, which I don't believe is something that can be changed. But the section of your options I mentioned before allows you to hide things so you can scroll a bit less owo

But yeah, if that's not it, just try to be a little clearer so we can help you n_n

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Sorry, here's what it looks like:

Spoiler:

Years
  • I went into one of my threads that is CSS-intensive just now and saw a scrollbar to scroll down to the end of the raw post. Which style are you using? Have you changed styles to see if the problem was resolved?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Isn't the heigh of a text box cached? I think if you expand it while you're creating or editing it, it stays that way. At least that's what seems to happen for me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    This isn't an issue cause by the forum. The text box you're viewing is set to 119px in height by default. You have the ability to expand the text area by clicking and dragging on the graphic in the bottom right corner of the text field.

However there are a number of possibilities in which could be causing you this issue. The first is that you elongated it yourself and are unaware that you can simply resize it as I mentioned above. Or that you've done this previously and your browser has somehow managed to cache your preference, and lastly, there is a possibility that it is a style issue (which is unlikely). So please let us know what style you're using and if any of these suggestions has helped your issue. `

Also: chill.

Back