• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video to iPod converter

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    Does anyone know any good Video to iPod converters? I've tried DVDvideosoft's program, but it ends up making my converted shows and movie files much bigger than the originals, even though the quality is alot lower. The other ones I've googled and downloaded were sketchy as fuck and made my malwarebytes freak out. Thanks.

Years
  • Mittens95, I suggest you post a new topic next time you have a question on something that may have multiple answers, such as this. :)

What model iPod do you have?

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    Mittens95, I suggest you post a new topic next time you have a question on something that may have multiple answers, such as this. :)

What model iPod do you have?

Will do that next time :)

I have a 16 gb 5th generation iPod nano, so I need something that will convert the videos to smaller files since the resolution is pretty small on my iPod.

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Here's a quick tutorial using SUPER.

1. Download the program and install it (linked above).
    2. Right-click the empty box near the bottom of the window and select Output File Saving Manager.
    3. Click "Browse folders..." and find the folder you want to save in. It will save here by default each time you use it.
    4. Exit out of that and right-click again, this time to open up your video.
    5. Open the left most dropdown menu and scroll down until you see "Apple - iPad/iPod/iPhone (MP4)". Click that.
    6. Open the middle dropdown menu and scroll down to find "H.264". Be sure you don't select something that says '263' or anything else.
    7. Open the right most dropdown menu and find "AAC". Select that.
    8. Under the Video Scale Size area, select the radio button labelled "640x480".
    9. Under the Frame/sec area, select "29.97".
    10. Under the Bitrate area, open the dropdown menu and find "1500" or any number that's close to it (doesn't have to be exact).
    11. (Optional) If you want, you can select Hi Quality or Top Quality (or both) for a better video. It'll take longer to render, though.

After you did all that and rendered your video, you can safely put it on your iPod and it'll run fine. :)

SUPER should save those settings too so you won't have to touch anything next time. Hope I helped!

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    Here's a quick tutorial using SUPER.

1. Download the program and install it (linked above).
    2. Right-click the empty box near the bottom of the window and select Output File Saving Manager.
    3. Click "Browse folders..." and find the folder you want to save in. It will save here by default each time you use it.
    4. Exit out of that and right-click again, this time to open up your video.
    5. Open the left most dropdown menu and scroll down until you see "Apple - iPad/iPod/iPhone (MP4)". Click that.
    6. Open the middle dropdown menu and scroll down to find "H.264". Be sure you don't select something that says '263' or anything else.
    7. Open the right most dropdown menu and find "AAC". Select that.
    8. Under the Video Scale Size area, select the radio button labelled "640x480".
    9. Under the Frame/sec area, select "29.97".
    10. Under the Bitrate area, open the dropdown menu and find "1500" or any number that's close to it (doesn't have to be exact).
    11. (Optional) If you want, you can select Hi Quality or Top Quality (or both) for a better video. It'll take longer to render, though.

After you did all that and rendered your video, you can safely put it on your iPod and it'll run fine. :)

SUPER should save those settings too so you won't have to touch anything next time. Hope I helped!

Judging by the custom install options from the installer, it's bundled with ALOT of malware. It's sketchy, and I feel that there could be something malicious I'll end up installing by accident. I'd rather go with something else.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Judging by the custom install options from the installer, it's bundled with ALOT of malware. It's sketchy, and I feel that there could be something malicious I'll end up installing by accident. I'd rather go with something else.
    Yeah, I think something else is wrong with your computer. Nothing just comes bundled with malicious programs and I've used that program myself numerous times.

It's likely you have another virus embedding shit into your binaries. You should investigate that - I'm sure this program isn't a virus. People don't usually dedicate an entire website complete with how-tos and FAQs for malware.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Apparently SUPER went to shit and I didn't notice. It was a year or two last I used it, sorry.

Both Zach's and Dter's suggestions are good, along with any of the other non-purchase ones you see on CNET. Apparently SUPER is the work of the devil now and should be avoided like the plague

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    I use AppGeeker converter. It can do pretty much everything, convert in any format you want, set video quality, and edit video in necessary.

sonic65101

Johto Champion
    Years
  • I use N1 converter all the time. The Website is http://us.onlinevideoconverter.com and it's free. If you choose the MP4 option and put the video in, and you put the video URL in, one of the options is iPod Nano. There's also an option to upload files from your computer. Choose iPod as the format, H264 as the video codec, and AAC as the audio codec.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I'm not too fond with SUPER, based on what I see on their site above. My suggestion is Any Video Converter: http://www.any-video-converter.com/download-avc-free.php

I've used it on-and-off for years now, and you can set the format and whatever bitrate you want as well.
    ^ this

I've tried several. But Any Video Converter is THE best one out there. You get a plethora of settings to choose from AS WELL AS the options to select which track or subtitle you wish to have in the converted video if the original video possess multiple layers of those or anything. Been using it for more than a year now and it has been a really amazing experience with it so far for me.

Back