• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So are you planning to ID abuse when you restart Jolteon? I might just take a page from your book and do the same thing if so haha. I wanna get good stuffs in HG. :(

Oh, I did this bp earlier.

004.png
172.gif
004.png

Pichu
male.png
lv. 1
Lightningrod | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/15/31/31/31/30 HP Ice 70
[ Thunderbolt, Hidden Power, Encore, Volt Tackle ]
-hatched in Chargestone Cave-

One problem! I cannot think of a name. The person that requested it wants it named PikaBOSS but obviously I don't name my Pokemon weird crap like that lol. I'm not a huge fan of this line, so if anyone wants to pitch in name ideas for the copy I keep and trade, that would be fantastic. Cause I'm not keeping it unnamed or as PikaBOSS...God forbid lol.

Oh, and I have two more Pokemon left in my project. However I wanted to EV them all and get them to 100 before posting them. Because some of them learn moves that I want them to have at a much later level, well, why not? So yeah. JUST TWO MORE. Too bad the next one will be shiny female. :( But I've gotten one before so I'll be aight.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
So are you planning to ID abuse when you restart Jolteon? I might just take a page from your book and do the same thing if so haha. I wanna get good stuffs in HG. :(

004.png
172.gif
004.png

Pichu
male.png
lv. 1
Lightningrod | Timid
Cedric | 26099

One problem! I cannot think of a name. The person that requested it wants it named PikaBOSS but obviously I don't name my Pokemon weird crap like that lol. I'm not a huge fan of this line, so if anyone wants to pitch in name ideas for the copy I keep and trade, that would be fantastic. Cause I'm not keeping it unnamed or as PikaBOSS...God forbid lol.

Oh, and I have two more Pokemon left in my project. However I wanted to EV them all and get them to 100 before posting them. Because some of them learn moves that I want them to have at a much later level, well, why not? So yeah. JUST TWO MORE. Too bad the next one will be shiny female. :( But I've gotten one before so I'll be aight.

You are correct about abusing IDs, in fact:

EthanChallenge.png

ID: 40992 | SID: 13843
Shiny Spreads: Modest 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31; Timid 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31​

Also, about your Pichu, I remember doing a BP and was requested to name it Volt, kind of cheesy. I did it anyways though. You should nickname it Bilbo. (I like naming things after Tolkein's characters. Tolkein rocks). Also, Pikachu is fat used to be fat and is jolly, Bilbo is fat and jolly. Makes sense. Feel free to disregard this suggestion.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Figured what I was doing wrong after many hours wasted. XD Here's my latest RNG:

443.png

Lv.1 l UT Shiny l Female l Jolly l Sand Veil
31/31/31/20/30/31
Outrage, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Stone Edge
OT: GARRET l ID: 57203​

Do you prefer to RNG in the simplest way possible, or do you use more convoluted methods because that's how you originally learned? Please explain how you RNG when you answer.
I originally learned how to RNG by TwilightBlade's RNG Guide. So far I haven't been able to find an easier way. I prefer to use the lowest frame possible and no key presses.
How pleasant to hear this! Congrats on learning RNG abuse. Nice abuses, especially this Gible! It has such a nice color (until it loses a noticeable shiny color as Garchomp, haha).

Bag_Moon_Ball_Sprite.png
145.png
Bag_Moon_Ball_Sprite.png

Zapdos | Bold | Pressure
30 / 23 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31 (HP Grass 70)
AncientPower, Charge, Agility, Discharge
Coolguy | 10120 (SoulSilverVersion)

I ADORE this RNG! It's so lovely looking in Moon Ball. Well done. :)

This is my newest RNG. I am so happy with this one because I caught it in Route 221 where 3 npcs trying to mess with my frame :). It will ev train sooner or later with a trick set <3

007.png
203.png
007.png

#203: Girafariq l
shiny.png
l
2.png
l Level: 31 or something (IDR)
OT: Eon l Platinum l ID: 00003
Nature: Modest l Ability: Inner Focus
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Untrained

Another cutie. <3 I love the Dive Ball and its shiny colors.

004.png
172.gif
004.png

Pichu
male.png
lv. 1
Lightningrod | Timid
Cedric | 26099

Hmm well... In FR, my female Raichu is named Rosemary... You can name your male Raichu Amadeus... Don't ask for the reference! 8)

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
discussion topic » Why do you RNG abuse instead of hack, considering that RNG abuse is an exploit anyway?

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Awwww it's so cute I never realized how cute ;___; can i borrow it johnny
Uh, no. She's mine, no one can touch her lol JK. I haven't decided if I should trade her or not :P

Cool. Did you ever finish the Silcoon?
Yes, I did and I rnged 5 others before I rnged Girafariq in that freaking route 221.

Another cutie. <3 I love the Dive Ball and its shiny colors.
Thanks Blade. You girl should RNG more mons with dive balls. <3

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Due to our involvement in the Speed Trading event, the new challenge will be posted on Monday. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up!

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Hmm well... In FR, my female Raichu is named Rosemary... You can name your male Raichu Amadeus... Don't ask for the reference! 8)

I know you said not to ask, but is that a very obscure reference to the rosemary plant that is known as Mozart?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Why do you RNG abuse instead of hack, considering that RNG abuse is an exploit anyway?

Hacking is just blatant, too easy, and obviously not legit. No fun in just hacking in what you want as opposed to doing some work for it, I think.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Why do you RNG abuse instead of hack, considering that RNG abuse is an exploit anyway?

RNG is more fun. Anybody can hack...but all my friends think I hack anyways because if they can't understand something it doesn't exist.

Bag_Mystery_Egg_Sprite.png
577.png
Bag_Mystery_Egg_Sprite.png

Solosis | Quiet | Magic Gaurd
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 0
Psywave
Nathan| 08484 (Black Version)

This will go with that Bronzong on my TR team

Last edited:
Years
Hi everyone! I really want to join this club, but I can't seem to figure out how to RNG. I've downloaded everything and I do the normal procedures.
1. Be in a place w/ lvl +50. have Poketech app on #5 save and reset.
2. Catch pokemon and enter it in Find Seed and click OK
3. Fill out everything (Inter. parents, Shiny, Id, SID) and click generate
Here is where my problem is. I ALWAYS get the same results here. There is always a serious and then a hasty and then a calm and so forth. What am I doing wrong???? After this I choose one and do the taps and flips and then I go to the daycare and put in my parents and when I hatch the egg, it isn't shiny. :( Help me please.

This is for D/P/Pt I am using RNG reporter 8.31

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's an old version. :( There's a link to the new one in the trade corner chat. You should try joining and getting help there. That's where I learned, along with Blade's guide, though it's 5th gen only. 5th gen RNG is a lot easier, jsyk. Also, 4th gen RNG is much easier on HGSS from what I understand.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2012
4th gen guide

Hi all,
I'm working on a new 4th gen guide so whoever's interested in 4th gen should go check it out. I can't post the link myself so someone's gonna post it after this post.
If you have any concerns regarding it hop on #tradecorner to find me. I'll be using my Smogon name in that chat. Happy hunting everyone.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Hi all,
I'm working on a new 4th gen guide so whoever's interested in 4th gen should go check it out. I can't post the link myself so someone's gonna post it after this post.
If you have any concerns regarding it hop on #tradecorner to find me. I'll be using my Smogon name in that chat. Happy hunting everyone.

Since he can't post the guide, here it is: 4th Gen RNG http://bit.ly/MpHNI1 . I've used this myself and it works great! :D

Years
That's an old version. :( There's a link to the new one in the trade corner chat. You should try joining and getting help there. That's where I learned, along with Blade's guide, though it's 5th gen only. 5th gen RNG is a lot easier, jsyk. Also, 4th gen RNG is much easier on HGSS from what I understand.

Ah thanks. I preferred the older version because it had less stuff on it. XD I thought RNGing on HG,SS was a lot harder because theres tons of different requirements.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
discussion topic » Why do you RNG abuse instead of hack, considering that RNG abuse is an exploit anyway?

Because hacking is the use of an external device to get what you want, how you want it, and immediately. It requires no skill at all. RNG abuse is recognized as the most legitimate way to get shiny and flawless Pokemon by TPC and it requires skill and time to learn it. It isn't hard to hack... at all.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Hey guys i would like to join the rng club :D and here is my first rng!!
And i rng instead of hacking because it feels right, i dont want to get pokes by hacking, its just dumb and makes the game boring.

302.gif

Modest|prankster (Shiny)
31/31/31/31/31/31
Jericho| 17312

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
007.png
642.gif
007.png

Thundurus ♂ Lv. 40 ★
OT: Peeta | ID: 42392
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 30, 31, 30, 31, 31, 31 Ice 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Revenge, Shock Wave, Heal Block, Agility
Non-Redis

This is the ultimate troll himself, Thundurus! I've been working on him for WEEKS and I was glad to finally be able to get him, omg. ;-; At first, I just tried to get him on my white save, Scotty multiple times before I finally gave up. I got tired of doing 370 chatters only to miss... talk about an annoyance! So I decided to abuse my TID/SID combination in order to get more desirable shiny spread. This is where Peeta v1 comes in. I abuse the spread quickly on Thursday night and spend most of my time at work on Friday beating White until I can abuse Thundurus. So, I get there... my frame is 509 for shiny... I should be able to hit that with just a few chatters, right? WRONG. I do no chatters, I get 503. I do one and I get 512. I ask Smogonites about it and apparently there is no way that I can hit this frame. I get frustrated, but then immediately start trying out frames that I can hit on either seeds. I find one and hit it three times for Hasty with no chatters, woot. I re-abuse my IDs for Peeta v2 and spend most of today at work beating White again. I get to Thundurus and the first time I RNG him, he's Shiny! So here's the ***** himself!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
CONGRATS MAC OMG. It looks great in that dive ball and hp ice mmm. <3 Awesome. :) Shiny Thundurus is actually pretty in my book haha.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO!

That's pretty much what Mac did, srsly. I've abused both shiny Tornadus and Thundurus before he did and I didn't make a big deal of it (at least not in the club). But still good work, bro! I wouldn't have the patience to play white again, I admire that. I got lucky with my seeds. I was able to hit my seeds and I didn't know it can go that bad O.o

Warned with what happened to you, I will re-abuse my White ID for the Naive TROLLdurus.

Anyway: I'll add my old shiney genies to the hall of trolling:

Tornadus ♂
1.png
(lvl 40)
641.gif
013.png

Nature: Jolly || Ability: Prankster || OT: ♠ゴンゾ♠ (1)
IVs: 31/31/31/22/31/31
Revenge|Air Cutter|Extrasensory|Agility

Thundurus ♂ (lvl 40)
642.gif
007.png

Nature: Timid || Ability: Prankster || OT: Gonzo (2)
IVs: 31/22/30/31/31/31 [HP Ice 70]
Revenge|Shock Wave|Heal Block|Agility

Of course I hack! Can't be bothered by RNG, takes soooo long!
Hacking isn't challenging, RNG gives you satisfaction when you get what you want, hacking gives you... nothing?
What's the most important to me, is that when I win a battle, I can be happy that my work and time wasn't pointless and now I get back the effort I put into it, great feeling. I like to know my pokemon from it's very first digit to it's last digit but without actually seeing those ;)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Some of my RNG's over the week (which is why I haven't posted in a while):

004.png
133.png
004.png

Eevee
shiny.png
female.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Timid | Anticipation | 31 31 30 30 30 30 [HP: Fighting 70]
Tackle, Helping Hand, Wish, Hidden Power.
[Hatched at Skyarrow Bridge]

004.png
459.png
004.png

Snowdrop
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Hasty | Snow Warning | 31 30 31 30 31 30 | [HP: Fire 70]
Leer, Seed Bomb, Avalanche, Skull Bash.
[Hatched at Twist Mountain]

009.png
632.png
009.png

Durant
female.png
| Level 40
Aaron | 06293 | White
Jolly | Hustle | 31 31 31 11 31 31 [HP: Dark 70]
Metal Claw, Bug Bite, Crunch, Iron Head.
[Caught at Victory Road]

007.png
607.png
007.png

Litwick
shiny.png
female.png
| Level 29
Aaron | 06293 | White
Modest | Flash Fire | 31 14 30 30 30 30 [HP: Fighting 70]
Will-O-Wisp, Flame Burst, Imprison, Hex.
[Caught at Celestial Tower]

004.png
425.png
004.png

Drifloon
shiny.png
female.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Adamant | Unburden | 31 31 31 31 31 31 [HP: Dark 70]
Destiny Bond, Disable, Hypnosis, Shadow Ball.
[Hatched at Route 7]

004.png
193.png
004.png

Yanma
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Modest | Speed Boost | 31 31 31 30 30 31 [HP: Ground 70]
Tackle, Foresight, Hidden Power, Protect.
[Hatched at Route 3]

004.png
311.png
004.png

Proton
shiny.png
female.png
| Level 1
Touko | 39737 | Black
Timid | Plus | 31 31 31 31 31 30 | [HP: Ice 70]
Growl, Wish, Discharge.
[Hatched at Nimbasa City]

004.png
312.png
004.png

Electron
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Touko | 39737 | Black
Timid | Minus | 31 31 31 31 31 30 | [HP: Ice 70]
Growl, Wish, Discharge.
[Hatched at Nimbasa City]

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
bzzt. That Drifloon is soooo cute. :) I RNG'd a umm...a Whismur yesterday. It was a bp. I still have a Deino bp to do today then I think I'mma RNG my bf something as part of his birthday present, even though I don't think he has his DS with him. :(

Here's the Whismur btw:

004.png
293.gif
004.png

Forte / Whismur
male.png
shiny.png
lv. 1
Soundproof | Quiet
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/5
[ Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Hammer Arm, Work Up ]