• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*sighs* About Final Fantasy: X to 7 on Other Writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
I'm posting this here since there's no writing discussion in the Other Writing thread.

You know... I still plan on making a sequel to it. Why? Because in Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy 7, Weiss wielded gunblades similar to those in FF8, and since FFX/FFX-2 is connected to FF7 that means only one thing. In some other odd way... FFX/FFX-2 is connected to FF8 since, in a weird way, FF7 is somehow connected to FF8, and I intended on making connections to FF8, and more connections to FF7 in the sequel.

Plus... I plan on UNBELIEVABLY cleaning the story/probably everything up. Does that make you feel better Oni Pichu and ACC-M? I didn't think so, but I'm doing it anyway despite the fact that I wasn't able to finish posting the rest of Final Fantasy: X to 7.

That's all I wanted to say. But... it seems like I can't post crap anymore without it getting closed.

P.S.: Just close this now. This is all I really wanted to say, and I honestly don't want anyone posting in this, so, yeah.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Have you ever considered that gunblades and other weapons being present in DoC might just have been common elements in Final Fantasy games, similar to recurring summons and creatures? I mean, FFIX has random references to FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIII thrown into it, but the plots are in no way connected. FFX-2 isn't a true Final Fantasy, IMO, first of all because Nobuo Uematsu didn't write the music and secondly because it follows a very different pattern. It was basically made to put some closure to plot holes in FFX, like Seymour's last words and the final shot of Tidus. Anyway, that's not why I'm posting.

I'm posting to tell you that I'm available to help.

I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I am one heck of a canon expert as far as FF games go. If you like, I can definitely Beta your rewrite and help take care of the problems. Just promise me that you'll actually follow my advice, and I'll promise to be there to assist you. FFX is officially one of my favorite FF games ever, and I'll do anything I can to ensure that related fanfiction is incredibly good.

Oh, and one last piece of advice. Remember, you don't own the games. If your story contradicts any part of FFX canon, your story ceases to be FFX. If you can't write within the rules of a universe, don't write in that universe at all. That's all I have to say on the subject. I must say, if you're actually planning to revise more power to you. Just stop calling Oni_Pichu and I complainers and I think everyone will be happy.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
Plus... I plan on UNBELIEVABLY cleaning the story/probably everything up. Does that make you feel better Oni Pichu and ACC-M? I didn't think so, but I'm doing it anyway despite the fact that I wasn't able to finish posting the rest of Final Fantasy: X to 7.

Okay, first off, you shouldn't be making decisions just because someone said you had to. If you don't put your heart/soul into it, it'll turn out to be just a glob of sentences and paragraphs. Is that a fan fic? Technically, yes, but no one likes stories written with no feeling. And on top of that, it would be extremely boring on your part to write something you're not in to.

You know... I still plan on making a sequel to it.

Second, do you really think it's a good idea to write a sequel to a fan fic that we never saw finish? Why not take ACC's earlier advice and do a little revising (I'm not asking you to change your plot. Just add some descriptions/emotions/better grammar). And while I'm on the subject, when getting a review that you don't agree with, respectfully adress said reviewer and tell him/her why. Some people spend a lot of time on reviewing and seeing their hard work getting pushed aside is just as bad as you seeing your threads getting locked.

That's all I have to say. If you wish to ignore this post, feel free to do so. If you decide to follow your own ideas, then I wish you the best of luck that it goes well this time around.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
But... it seems like I can't post crap anymore without it getting closed.
Your stories get closed because you don't want to listen to the advice given to you. I've never seen the reviews you got on SPPf, but I have seen the ones you got here, and they are good reviews. Instead of thinking that they are insulting you, think about them actually helping you, since that is what they're doing. In other words, don't keep telling those people that review you that it's your story and you're not going to listen to a word they say.

So, before I close this, let me just say that you should think about listening to ACC-M, since he's willing to help you with the basics.

Also, why not rewrite X to 7 before starting the sequel? It never was finished because it got closed (since it wasn't up to standards of the writing section), but if you rewrite it and make it better by listening to the advice given to you, then it won't get closed.

Now I'm just repeating people. It's time to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back