• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate / Improve my Team

--Nirvana--

State of Liberation
Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2012
    i: Introduction:

Before I get to my team, I'd just like to say hi. This is my first post here on Pokécommunity and my first Pokémon game (Pokémon Black) since Pokémon Yellow. Please take this into consideration when rating my team (I realize some of these Pokémon may be bad or never used).

ii: The Team:

Mienshao (lv. 50)
    Ability: Regenerator
    Nature: Naive

Acrobatics
    Drain Punch
    Fake Out
    U-turn

Golurk (lv. 51)
    Ability: Iron Fist
    Nature: Brave

Earthquake
    Fly
    Rock Slide
    Shadow Punch

Zweilous (lv. 50)
    Ability: Hustle
    Nature: Mild

Crunch
    Dragon Pulse
    Roar
    Work Up

Eelektross (lv. 54)
    Ability: Levitate

Coil
    Crunch
    Thunder Wave
    Wild Charge

Stoutland (lv. 52)
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Adamant

Aerial Ace
    Ice Fang
    Strength
    Wild Charge

Samurott (lv. 57)
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Naughty

Ice Beam
    Revenge
    Swords Dance
    Waterfall

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Give Samurott Megahorn > Revenge so you can hit grass types better once you've boosted a few times with Swords Dance (just go to move re-learner and... relearn it).

When Zweilous evolves, teach it Fire Blast or Focus Blast > Roar to hit steels. Sucks that Dark Pulse needs to be bred, though :(

On Stoutland, teach it Return. While Strength is strong, maxing out your friendship is a lot more powerful for a STAB. Also Fire Fang > Ice Fang to hit steels.

--Nirvana--

State of Liberation
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2012
    I'll definitely consider Megahorn on Samurott. However, I usually just switch out of grass-types. Still, something to consider.

I actually had a set in mind for Hydreigon. Here it is:

Crunch
    Dragon Pulse
    Flamethrower
    Surf

I probably should have posted this in my first post but... meh :P.

I only use Strength over Return so I can move boulders etc. Will replace for Return when I fight E4 for the second time.

Years
  • i: Introduction:

Before I get to my team, I'd just like to say hi. This is my first post here on Pokécommunity and my first Pokémon game (Pokémon Black) since Pokémon Yellow. Please take this into consideration when rating my team (I realize some of these Pokémon may be bad or never used).

ii: The Team:

Mienshao (lv. 50)
    Ability: Regenerator
    Nature: Naive

Acrobatics
    Drain Punch
    Fake Out
    U-turn

Golurk (lv. 51)
    Ability: Iron Fist

Earthquake
    Fly
    Rock Slide
    Shadow Punch

Zweilous (lv. 50)
    Ability: Hustle
    Nature: Mild

Crunch
    Dragon Pulse
    Roar
    Work Up

Eelektross (lv. 54)
    Ability: Levitate

Coil
    Crunch
    Thunder Wave
    Wild Charge

Stoutland (lv. 52)
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Adamant

Aerial Ace
    Ice Fang
    Strength
    Wild Charge

Samurott (lv. 57)
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Naughty

Ice Beam
    Revenge
    Swords Dance
    Waterfall

Hey Nirvana, you're team's looking good.

Mienshao and Golurk are looking good.

I recommend getting rid of Revenge on Samurott since it has decreased priority. Put Megahorn on instead. Megahorn will do great against Grass-types while Ice Beam helps against Dragon-types (Ice is a great offensive type).

For Stoutland, I recommend Return over Strength while Aerial Ace isn't that great really plus Mienshao already has Acrobatics.

With Hydreigon, definitely give it Flamethrower and one random attack. My Hydreigon in Black has a similar moveset to what yours has (mine has Flash Cannon instead of Surf).

With a few twitches, your team should be ready to go.

--Nirvana--

State of Liberation
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2012
    I personally don't like steel-type attacks as they can't really hit much for super-effective damage. Flash Cannon has an awesome base power but I prefer Surf as it allows me to... Surf outside of battle and have a powerful water attack. Also, as I said before, Return will be put onto Stoutland when I battle the E4. Strength is on the set to provide me with a boulder mover.

Revenge gives me the option of hitting normal-types for super-effective damage but I suppose I have Mienshao for that. So, as I said, Megahorn is definitely something to consider.

Stoutland has Aerial Ace so he can hit fighting-types for super-effective damage. :P.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    It's a really good team, no major weaknesses at all really and there quite a bit of immunities. 2 Ground immunities once Zweilous evolves, fighting, electric, psychic and ghost immunities as well. I hope you're taking advantage of that! XD

Anyways Stoutland shouldn't really be the one to deal with fighting types so Aerial Ace is kind of a waste, I know it's been said but.. yea. Switch in Golurk as he immune to fighting attacks. He should be able to deal with any fighting type fairly easily. I think Crunch or Work Up would be better on Stoutland. (Crunch would be good because Stoutland resists Ghost types and Crunch is super effective against Ghosts.) Also you don't really have any fire attacks which is kind of a bad thing as your teams major weaknesses are Grass and Ice types, so I definitely would go with that Hydreigon set you posted earlier. You could also give Stoutland Fire Fang in replacement of Aerial Ace, if you want to do that instead of Crunch.

PS: Eelektross could also deal with Fighting types if you gave it Acrobatics instead of Crunch, if you aren't wearing any items on him it'll have a whooping 110 base power. I think Acrobatics would benefit your team much more then Crunch personally if the advice from above is taken.

--Nirvana--

State of Liberation
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2012
    This team did take me quite a while to put together so its nice to hear the positive feedback so thanks everyone.

Fire Fang on Stoutland? That works better than Aerial Ace so that will be replaced. To be honest, I didn't know Eelektross could learn Acrobatics... :P. And the reason gave above makes perfect sense. Will consider Acrobatics over Crunch.

Again, thanks everyone for your help so far. :). Please keep the help coming.

Back