• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rain dance team help!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2012
    So this is the first time im attempting a rain team. Please tell me what you think. Any help is appreciated. Im still quite new to competing.

Politoed:
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Drizzle
    Hypnosis
    Ice Beam
    Perish song
    Scald

Ludicolo
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Rain Dish
    Toxic
    Leech seed
    Substitute
    Ice beam

Scizor
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Technician
    Bullet Punch
    Brick break
    Bug Bite
    Rain Dance

Carracosta (May use something else. Tell me your opinion)
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Shell Smash
    Waterfall
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake

Dragonite
    Nature: Rash
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Hurricane
    Thunder
    Surf

And I dont know what to use for my 6th pokemon. I know it should probably be another rain dancer, but i dont know which one D: Help please?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hey this almost seems like a competitive team. :3 If it is, just add a few more details (items/EVs) and it can be moved to the main forum, since it certainly fits that description.

Rain Dance is kinda wasted if you have Politoed. If you'd really like a rain dancer, use something with prankster. Tornadus could possibly work for you because it has STAB Hurricane which works great under rain and fast speed.

If so, go with this:

Tornadus@Life Orb / Choice Specs
    Prankster
    4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive/Timid
    - Hurricane
    - Hammer Arm / Focus Blast
    - Rain Dance
    - Taunt / U-turn

Rain Dance however is wasted on Scizor and would benefit much more from Roost or Swords Dance to boost its stats. Generally when you have a rain team you don't need more than one "backup" as a rain dancer, and really, if your weather starter is bulky enough it should be able to handle switching in without dying.

For Dragonite, go for Aqua Tail > Surf because your physical stats are higher, but since you want to go with Thunder, you could go with either Extremespeed or Dragon Tail or Roost or Superpower, and just run a mix between the two basic rain sets. If not, then you'll have to ditch either water or thunder for your rain variant of Dragonite. :( Oh yeah, and Multiscale is the best ability, so you might wanna get a new one (or go with the first set, being Superpower/Aqua Tail/Roost & Hurricane).

Otherwise, good start! :)

Back