• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lights, Camera, Action! ☆ Movie Watchers' Club

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
You know, I was sort of sad how Two-Face didn't get to play much of a big role in Dark Knight. :( I mean, Harvey Dent was a major part of it, but when that accident happened causing his face to burn, we just didn't get to see much of him anymore. Would have been really nice if they'd saved him instead of killing; that way, he could've been able to replace Bane in Dark Knight Rises... or perhaps they both could have co-existed? Also, welcome to our club, Zorogami!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Thanks for the welcome guys!! As for the current topic, i did like Bane a lot, i just thought his demise was rather...quick and nothing special. After he keeps smacking Batman around, its catwoman who blasts him with the Batcycle, which was pretty disappointing. Also, i found it rather unfitting how he turned out to be a bit of a softie towards the end. The Jokes was no doubt the better villain.

Having two-face play a bigger role would have been great. As Peitharchia said, Harvey Dent played a major role, and giving two-face more screen time or even bringing him back for TDKR would have made for some interesting plot possibilities. Too bad

Aw, and my favorite American Pie is probably a tie between the 2nd one and The Reunion (:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hah, I loved those as well. Every American Pie movie is pretty funny. xD

Wanted to bring in a new topic if that's alright! Kinda...old since the Oscars were almost a month ago. What does everyone think of the movies that won awards this year? Would you watch them just to see if they were worthy? Like, a few years ago when The Hurt Locker won for best director, I wanted to see how it was well-directed, and HOLY CRAP I wasn't aware that movie was directed by a woman and that movie was very well made. Very good movie, btw.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
The Oscars, good question. Apparently i dont have Oscar taste, because ive only seen the movies that didnt win (barely) anything, like Wolf of Wall Street, American Hustle or The Great Gatsby. Im really interested in watching Dallas Buyers Club, not really because of the Oscars it won, but because it seems to be a rather interesting and pretty peculiar movie. As for the other movies, i really dont think ill be watching them. Well maybe Frozen, but because its a Disney movie above all other reasons.

Also, ive always wanted to watch Hurt Locker but somehow never got to it...that needs to change

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
12 Years A Slave is one movie I'd go for watching. Not only because it won a ton of awards that night, but it's because of Lupita Nyong'o, who won Best Supporting Actress. A friend of mine who's a movie freak told me that her performance in that movie was superior and exceeded his expectations. I'd love to see that movie for myself.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I watched 12 Years A Slave because it won, and I liked it. It's like a less funny version of Django Unchained xD Not necessarily less bloody... Very serious and depressing at times. Lupita Nyong'o was good, yeah. Also Benedict Cumberbatch was in it 8=) *goes to rewatch Sherlock*

I liked Wolf Of Wall Street a bit too. It was a cool movie, but what I didn't like was how it portrayed women.
Spoiler:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I liked Wolf Of Wall Street a bit too. It was a cool movie, but what I didn't like was how it portrayed women.
Spoiler:

Although i really enjoyed the movie, i agree on what you say about being sexist. There is a lot (probably too much?) gratuitous nudity, and women are potrayed mostly as having a weak character and are almost exclusively seen as sex objects.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I think A Bug's Life's story was pretty well done and ended off well. Imo, it's not needed of a sequel. But other people could disagree. That's just my opinion :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Incredible 2; sweet! I loved its predecessor; if they put more effort into this one, I'm sure it could turn out much better. Also, unfortunately, I've never got to watch A Bug's Life. :( Might do it someday, if my small sister does.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I loved the Incredibles! I hope they'll expand on the universe of superheroes a bit more in the sequel.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
About Incredibles 2: Do you think it will take places immediately after Incredibles 1, or will years have passed, thus making the characters, especially the kids, older than in the first part?? Also, what would you prefer??

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Awesome to hear that The Incredibles will be getting a sequel. :D However, like Zoro, I am not really certain as to how they'll start it off but I have a feeling that the kids will be a little older. Also, we'll be able to see what else Jack-Jack can do with his awesome powers xD

I watched a classic last night with friends: SPACE JAM! It's nice to see a great movie from the 90's :3

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
About Incredibles 2: Do you think it will take places immediately after Incredibles 1, or will years have passed, thus making the characters, especially the kids, older than in the first part?? Also, what would you prefer??

Hopefully it'll take place years after the first movie. To see how much they've grown. Just like they did with the time lapse with Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3 :)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
JOINING!

Username: Autumn Reverie

Favorite movie(s): Too many to list. I have a whole bunch of them and listing them all will just take too much time and I'd be stuck here for ages thinking. Oh, and FROZEN. <3

Answer a topic: We're talking about sequels now, right? I really can't wait for The Incredibles 2!! I've loved The Incredibles and have a feeling its sequel will be just as good. Also, they kinda left a hanging ending with the guy in the drill machine (The Underminer, iirc?), so it already was a signal for a second movie.

Back