• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen About to begin Gen5

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2015
    Hello, I havn't played a pokemon game since Sapphire was new. My fiancee and I just got some DS Lites at Goodwill and we're thinking about picking up White and Black, as I really wanted to play it when it was released.

I know the Dream World was shut down, are there any other downsides to returning to the series with these games? Do many people still trade/battle via Wifi or is it pretty barren?

Are there many other features that have now become null?

Thanks

Years
  • I'd be happy to assist you here.

Aside from the Dream World, the only other notable feature that is now cut as well is all the wi-fi features, due to the shutdown of Wii and DS wi-fi last year. You can still locally trade and battle if you have two DS systems.

Those are the only real downsides, but you'll still enjoy the main story anyway since Black & White have literally one of the most epic storylines in a Pokemon game so far.

Back