• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon for Competitive Play

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    You can list any number of Pokemon you like to use for competitive play. You can go by either GBU rules or Smogon rules (I don't play by Smogon rules, but I won't judge).

Blaziken
    Greninja
    Venomoth
    Sableye
    Snorlax
    Vaporeon
    Aegislash
    Crustle
    Forretress
    Ferrothorn
    Garchomp

But my all time favorite is Crobat. That thing is a beast.

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    I like finding pokemon no-one expects to see. That said, I don't choose any pokemon, and relying on surprises isn't very consistent, but if I see something that can comfortably fight it out alongside more popular ones, I'll usually wind up building with it for a while.

Since I usually play singles battles, with either Smogon or non Smogon 6v6, I like pokemon with the ability Frisk, particularly Noivern for it's speed, good move-pool, and ability to U-turn away to a counter. Bronzong has neat typing and abilities and can comfortably wall opponents, even those with earthquake. I use it along-side Vaporeon, one of my favourite pokemon, and one I feel pairs perfectly with the bell.

That said, I enjoy using well established but versatile pokemon like Tyranitar, Clefable, Aegislash, and Reuniclus

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I love breaking the meta, but only a few picks are actually somewhat viable. Some of my favorite ones are Toxicroak and Relicanth. I love using these two. Toxicroak is actually really good for stopping Scald SPAM and checking threats like Bishard and Azumarill as well as some Manaphy variants.

Relicanth you just slap a Choice Band on and watch the carnage with Head Smash.

Back