• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Just how fast do you plan on playing?

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
  • I'm going at it moderately. Like, I'll explore Unova here and there but try to finish it in one or two weeks. It's because:

When I got Platinum, I got too excited about the new Battle Frontier that I rushed through Pt and finished the game in 3 days. Yes, my Pokemon were severly underleved, and I needed my ace in Pearl to beat the E4 and Champion.

But when I got Soul Silver, I decided to take it reeeeeal slow, and like, explore, catch Pokemon (I never catch Pokemon unless I have too much free time), strategise my team, Pokewalker and do Pokeathlon and such. Uh, yeah. Slow doesn't cut out for me and I still haven't finished the game. (As in beaten Red and challenged the E4 the second time. I restarted when I beat Blue since I was bored of my Pokemon team.)

So yeah, do it in moderately. Finish it slow, but finish it in one week or two.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I'll take my time. I practiced this with SS but even more so on my second run of Platinum where I talked to every single person and trainer after battles. The text is very entertaining, I love Platinum :) So I'll do the same with Black, I want to fully experience it. Platinum took me 20 days and I EVed my team a little during that time so Black should take of about the same time to beat the main game :)

Years
  • While playing, I am going to take my sweet old time. I am not going to rush through this, it looks awesome.

AadmM

I AM THE BRAINWASHAAAA
    Years
  • I beat White in about a week--this time I plan on taking it nice and slow! I may even train up a whole team of six Pokémon--which is something I rarely ever do these days when playing through the main game.

I also plan on trading a few of the Pokémon I caught in White over to Black, breeding them, and raising them as part of my team, just to make things a little more interesting. :D

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • I think for my first playthrough I'll take it fairly slow, taking to all the NPCs and explore all the different areas. Plus, I'll just be putting my team together as I go through the game (which I normally plan ahead for) and that will take some time to keep everyone at the same level. So this should take around 2 weeks or more I hope :)

Then I'll probably restart White again or buy Black and start on that (not decided yet), and I think I'll rush through it a bit more on the second time with a more planned team.

Thats if my game does come tomorrow.. I'm praying it does :(

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Likely very slowly. I'm not so excited that I need to play it 5 hours a day or anything.

...I will savor this game...

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I plan on enjoying the games and going through the gameplay slowly so I can absorb all the new game mechanics and the general aesthetics of the new generation. This was a mistake I made with Diamond and Pearl, I literally beat the game within three days, leaving little to no time what-so-ever to actually get a feel for the game itself.

LouBeatYou

Go Kibago, Go!
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2012
    I will try to take the game in a medium-slow pace, even though when I got pokemon Heart Gold, I took on Whitney my first day, and already had 3 pokemon with the natures I wanted lol. I will probably start to rush, but I will have to slow myself down a bit I suppose.

Junes

showers of sunlight's divine
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    Slowly: savor the flavor. Biological adaptations happen faster than my progress. I wade in every detail.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • I am going to take my time.
    When I was little in RSE my Pokes were in their 30s at the E4
    So I plan to fight every trainer, and get those awesome TMs.
    What I do is I find out the gym leader's strongest Pokemon's Level.
    I train all my Pokes to that level.

So I'll probably spend 50+

Eleken

Geologist
    Years
  • I dont realy know. In HG I send my EVded pokés from Diamond (low levels) and beat game with it, but now I cant do that and I am too lazy for training many random wild pokemon only for single use.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Quickly at a fast pace I guess. :P When I play I make sure that not a single square goes unexplored, building unentered or person unspoken to. I also refuse to run away from wild battles while I'm adventuring unless I'm running in circles trying to find a specific Pokemon. That being said I'll become obsessed with the game and play it hours upon hours each day. So my hour count will be high, but my day count will be fairly short. :P

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Normally on my first playthrough I only use my starter and just bash my way through everything, but this time i'd like to take it slow, with a party of 5 or 6.

I plan on talking to every NPC and exploring everything.

Back