• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Technology Fiction Turn into a Fact?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Fiction, for example video games, or even some television shows and movies, has an uncanny knack for showing us fantasied technology that later becomes a reality. For example, flat screen televisions, and smart watches, and all sorts of stuff! But think about some shows or video games that has stuff like, cars that can hover around (like from that old cartoon Jetsons), or some shows that showcase kids putting on helmets that can simulate virtual reality gameplay for them!

But in reality, do you think that technology will become advanced enough for the development of those sort of 'futuristic' technology that we see from fiction? If you think so, what other, once made-up technology and devices do you think we'll see in the years to come? If you think not, then why not? Feel free to share any thoughts!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    We'll probably see a lot of robots running around as soon as Skynet decides to think on its own. :P

With all that research on enhancing human capabilities and replacing bodyparts with artificial replacements it seems likely that we'll see cyborgs in the future. Who knows, maybe someday all people become one of these (although hopefully after I passed away, because I don't like that idea ^^").
    Another thing would be actual virtual reality that's directly injected into your brain so you actually feel like being in a game. It could be useful in training simulations and stuff. Also it's yet another thing I wouldn't want to see happen with my own eyes. {XD}

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Yes. It's always been this way. The nerds of tomorrow will make reality the fantastical of today.

A lot of what we have today was first dreamed up on Star Trek

Back