• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Google unveiled a new logo today

Years
  • http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/sep/01/google-logo-history-new-doodle-redesign

640px-Google_2015_logo.svg.png
    Google's previous logo had only lasted two years, but this current logo change is their second overall major design change to the logo. So what do you guys think of the logo, or the general direction Google is taking under the new logo?

Bay

Years
  • Guess I'm more indifferent to its logo as I don't have strong feelings against it or for it. I can see myself warm up to it as time passes, though.

Years
  • This is going to take me months, if not years to adjust to this but man what a shock to revamp like that so unexpectedly. I was so used to the original Google logo that it'll just feel weird to me seeing a completely new font on it. At least the colours are still in the same places of the logo which is acceptable.

Years
  • I dunno why, but I've always been picky about when a company changes their logo/branding, and Google's new mark is no exception. While their previous wordmark wasn't all that great either, it at least looked a little more professional with the serifed font, whereas this new sans-serif logo looks like it could've been whipped up in Microsoft Word in 30 seconds.

Below are a couple of the other ideas they had when developing the new brand, and if they really wanted to stick with the sans-serif font, I think the one at the very bottom (the one that's partially cut off) would've been much better than what they went with.

Spoiler:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • At the very least, they are finally going to have a favicon that makes sense and is immediately recognisable, instead of using the second g, the one that is in lowercase and in such a thin font that is really hard to read.

Captura-de-pantalla-2015-09-01-a-las-21.22.20-620x364.png

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I find the Google logo change surprising and unexpected. I guess it might take months for me to getting used to it, but at least they kept some familiar things like the brand's color and the last 'e' tilting. The new favicon might look pretty nice, as well.

Shirona

[span="font-size: 18px; font-family: Abril Fatface
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2019
    You expect anything less? Not like they're gonna drop the colors or anything.

Years
  • It was apparently said that the new logo is going to be more mobile-friendly since Google had noticed more people had been focusing on mobile internet as opposed to a big computer screen and they wanted to acknowledge that.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • It looks better from a design perspective, imo. The current one. I'm not exactly a serif fan myself, tbh. Those extra bits at the ends just bug me most of the time. :p Definitely liking their new flatter, simplistic and elegant design.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I kinda dislike it, it just show bouncy balls after the handle writing GOOGLE, then make a G and that's that

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    It sure seems like everyone is trying for a simpler logo these days. I think I actually like it. In a strange way.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't mind the logo. It's not like this is the first time they've changed it and it won't be the last. I think I'm already used to it. I do prefer serif fonts but this doesn't look as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be.

However the favicon is awful. It's hard to tell what it is because of the stark colours and it's such an eyesore on my tab bar. :'( I wish they'd just gone with the blue G instead.

Back