• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pope Francis blames 'human selfishness' for global warming

The Void

hiiiii
Years
I'm not preaching, and I abandoned religion a long time ago. You seem to be more interested in saying "f*** you" to the pope than with actually arguing.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

You seem to be more interested in saying "f*** you" to the pope than with actually arguing.
Exactly.

I know I'm never going to agree with the Pope and I know the Pope will never agree with me. I've found the best way to deal with a situation like this is to stand by your own beliefs, say a great big "fuck you" to the person, and then walk away and act as if he/she doesn't exist.

....get the memo?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
In regards to the question of my opinion on Pope Francis himself, well, he's the same as the rest of the previous popes in my eyes. He's about as liberal a pope as I'll see for the next 20 or so years, but he's still a staunch conservative on almost all key issues. He just happens to see LGBT people and the poor as human beings. Shocking. So, him being a 'nice pope' that got elected in order to give the Vatican a new face doesn't really mean anything to me. He's only managed to bring the current Vatican administration into the 20th century - to say that the Vatican is in the 21st century is laughable.

Unlike Pope Benedict XVI & John Paul II, who presided over the Papal throne during my time as a devout Catholic, Pope Francis is someone I'd actually like to talk to about Catholic doctrine and matters closer to my heart. Maybe at least get him to reconsider his position on transgender people being like nuclear weapons. Oh well.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Well it turns out my friend also happens to be anti-gay marriage after what has happened today, which made me realized that this and his belief on climate change not being a huge issue, he's nothing more than an old-school conservative. And because of this, I have gone back to believing in climate change again.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Well it turns out my friend also happens to be anti-gay marriage after what has happened today, which made me realized that this and his belief on climate change not being a huge issue, he's nothing more than an old-school conservative. And because of this, I have gone back to believing in climate change again.

While I welcome one less climate change denier in the world, are your views really so easily swayed? I thought you had beliefs based on your own sources?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
While I welcome one less climate change denier in the world, are your views really so easily swayed? I thought you had beliefs based on your own sources?
I was unable to find legit sources that debunk climate change that weren't by conservatives, and I was aware that my friend was acting conservative himself (he did told me that he got his information regarding climate change being a myth from the books he's read a long time ago).

Years
Well, in the interest of thinking critically, it's important that you don't just believe or disbelieve something on the sole basis of whoever's promoting the point of view in contention. You've got to evaluate the information itself. "Stuff I've read long ago" probably isn't very credible, unless he's got a history of being reliably analytical. It's probably best to read and have your own understanding of whatever is being debated.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I was unable to find legit sources that debunk climate change that weren't by conservatives, and I was aware that my friend was acting conservative himself (he did told me that he got his information regarding climate change being a myth from the books he's read a long time ago).

Then take this as a lesson of autonomy with your own thoughts. All specific political leanings aside, it is dangerous to have beliefs that do not have a root.

Reactions: Nah
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
honestly i dont know much about the current pope so i have no opinion really

but i do think climate change/pollution is in a lot of ways the result of selfishness and greed. people treat the earth like shit and its disgusting. in a lot of ways i can't help but feel bad that all other living things have to deal with us. i think the earth is a lot better off without humans. idk i just feel such a connection to nature and animals and it breaks my heart to see humans trash everything

Back