• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rain over us

Years
  • Team Rain over us
    Well, I'm not a big fan of Pitbull or something but I really like the song. The lyrics is a little perverted but it sound really good that I named one of my team after it. Lol

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
    Traits: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Focus Blast
    - Protect
    - Perish Song
    Provide enternal rain for my team. With rain on, Scald can do some really nice damage, while rendering physical attacker useless. Perish Song to prevent opposing Pokémon setting up on him.

Metagross @ Life Orb
    Traits: Clear Body
    EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Agility
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch
    The good'ol AgiliGross set. With the given EVs and positive Nature, after an Agility boost, this slow hulky chunk of metal even outspeed Choice Scarf Jolly Landorus, which is one of the biggest Metagross counter, then OHKO with Ice Punch. With rain over him, Infernape hardly can 2HKO with  
    Overheat.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
    Traits: Water Absorb
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
    Bold Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Heal Bell
    - Wish
    - Scald 
    - Roar
    Mainly act as a supporter. Heal Bell and Wish provide HP recovery and take away status problem. Roar is used to phaze opponent, spread burn and dealing some bonus damage with Stealth Rock. EVs given to make it a effective mixed wall. It can easily tank a Thunder from Magnezone.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
    Traits: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Leech Seed
    - Stealth Rock
    - Power Whip
    - Protect
    SR set up and (surprisingly) revenge kill some physical sweeper. With Life Orb recoil and/or Toxic and Burn damage, opposing will be quickly worn out. Can counter some threat such as non-Fire Blast version of Tyranitar. 100 SDef give the durian durability for taking hit of Rotom-W, then Leech Seed on the switch.

Feraligatr (M) @ Life Orb
    Traits: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature  (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Aqua Jet
    - Crunch
    - Ice Punch
    Well... I tested Scizor but another weakness to Fire is really a pain. Vaporeon can tank hit, but they say nothing last forever. Water have super good neutral coverage, and during rain and Torrent get going, little Aqua Jet become a tsunami. Crunch can bit of Jellicent face with ease after a Swords Dance. Ice Punch laughs at the face of Dragon and Grass type trying to wall Aqua Jet.

Tornadus (M) @ Choice Specs
    Traits: Prankster
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hurricane
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Water]
    - U-Turn
    My Special sweeper. CS Hurricane really hurts, coming from its beastly SAtk, while Focus Blast put an end to bulky Rock and Steel type. HP water gain pseudo-STAB in the rain and a more reliable move to destroy Rock type and hurts Zapdos. U-Turn giving me scout ability while keeping the offensive momentum.

I have really bad sense of humour so I don't know how to make it somehow funny and enjoyable to read. Hope you guys like it. Pls rate and fix my team!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Team looks good, but I'd like to tweak the EVs and natures of your Pokemon around a bit.

For Vaporeon, use Bold with 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef because it can already take Special hits just fine.

For Ferrothorn, use 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef for more balanced (but still high) defenses.

For Politoed, use 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef for the same reason as Vaporeon.

Just a move tweak: replace Tornadus' Dark Pulse with U-turn. Sure, it doesn't benefit from Specs, but Dark Pulse doesn't provide noteworthy coverage, and a super effective one hits for less damage than a neutral STAB Hurricane. Plus, with U-turn, if you're up against an unfavorable matchup, you can use it to deal a bit of damage and escape (and scout a bit) or to escape from the occasional Wobbuffet or trapping move.

Years
  • Thanks for the advice! Most people disagree about Feraligatr because they never actually seen it in action. I played UU once and I can say even here in OU, he's still a monster. U-Turn from Tornadus do almost nothing but it saved me once.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi there! Neat team you've got. I've heard Feraligatr can be quite the offensive powerhouse in RU, so it's interesting that you're using it here. I hope it works out for you.

Anyway, I have a few suggestions for Feraligatr.

Feraligatr (M) @ Life Orb
    Traits: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Aqua Jet
    - Crunch
    - Ice Punch

Feraligatr doesn't really benefit from any EVs in Speed. Consider placing the remaining four in Defense. Also, Feraligatr does well with Superpower because it rounds out Feraligatr's coverage and helps take down Gastrodon, Ferrothorn, Chansey, and (to a lesser extent) Rotom-W. Personally, I'd get rid of Crunch. Crunch may handle Jellicent / Reuniclus - but Ice Punch will stop the Dragons from setting up on Feraligatr and does a decent chunk of damage to Tangrowth - who can end up being a real threat to your team. It's your call. :]

Good luck!

Years
  • Thanks a lot! But guys, do you have any suggestion about dealing with bulky water type?

Last edited:
    Back