• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
  • nope, it didn't work, it still says "save error: please exchange the backup memory."

and i've tried over 10 times, but every time i talk to oaks aid, it restarts and i can't get past it.

did you delete your old save file and set it to 128k?

i think the clear bell should even should stay as it is. By the way, the professor problem, I had the same problem, but it was in beta 1. I switched to beta 1.1 to get past, and then revert back to beta 1 after getting past that part using the same savefile.

good. thats what ive been telling people to do lol

Hey can you add Krystal/Gold into the game because seeing the third ball over there at all times always no matter what and not being able to take it yeah.

im not too sure what your saying lol

hey linkandzelda,
    i've recently discovered LC and am luving every minute of it! its the best hack out there in my opinion.
    Just a question that needs clarification: In beta 2 will kanto be fully complete? like everything done? Thanks.

thanks dude. kanto will be done and dusted in beta 2.

hey laz the seagull pimpster, I found out that mastermind_x made a ruins of alph puzzle game, and he also made a tut on how to insert it into a rom on this page: http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/lesson.php?id=21

Hope you like this. Remember I did NOT make this, I only gave you the webpage it is on, however he may want credit for his work.

Also, if you're running out of "map names" (I can't remember what it is "officially" called) you could try making sprout tower part of violet city, lighthouse part of olivine, etc.

Are you going to include more of silph co in a later beta?

Since Red is in mount silver, will Ruby or Sapphire (Brendan or May) be in the orange isles?

thanks for that puzzle thing. i really want to put it in for beta 2 if there is time. but it looks like i wont be able too :|

yea thats what im doing with the map names atm.

nope. silph co wasnt acessable in the orfinal sdo its not gonna be in LC either :P

brendan is in johto after you beat the elite 4 :P. not sure about may though lol

Is celebii achievable in LC? Cause in crystal there were rumors about putting in the GS ball into the Shrine of Illex and then Celebii would come out.

yes celibi is catchable in LC but not in beta 2. its half a compolsory event actully.

That's great, now LaZ shouldn't get bugged about the Ruins of Alph. Also mm_x has made a guide of editing the pokedex data locations.

yes these are more things that should be done fro beta 2(i want to get done)

In the original Crystal, Goldenrod City had a special "mobile adapter" pokemon center. You get the GS ball there. After getting the GS ball, you bring it to Kurt and wait 24 hours. The enxt day, Kurt will stand near the Ilex Forest entrance. You get the GS ball from Kurt and walk to the shrine of the forest. You put the GS ball in the shrine and a lv30 Celebi appears.

The mobile adapter was never released outside of Japan, so Nintendo changed it into a normal pokemon center. Although you can still do the event in the US version with "cheat codes".

more info here: http://www.serebii.net/crystal/differences.shtml

Makes me wonder how LaZ will input the GS ball event... Probably getting it at the Orange Islands from Prof. Ivy like in the anime.

Zomg, sarcasm on the internet?! lol XD

yea i heard about that too. and dude your scaring me lol. i think your reading my mind :O

Great discovery by Mastermind_X.

Now all that is left is a clock system, Day/Night and the Pokegear, somehow, I think will happen eventually and I also believe Mastermind will be the one to do it.

Being able to code in the clock system would help greatly with Day/Night and berry's as well as support the Pokegear.

yea that would be great... xD

GRAMMAR POLICE LOL!

Link, the first time you fight your Rival, he says, "I,ll show you!" instead of, "I'll show you!"

thanks. i fixed that already

Also, are the berries fixed? sometimes after growing berries and then going back to it when I see the tree, i walk through it and it tells me to plant another berry.

well some of the trees dont work. im reluctant to touch the scripts becuase there so long lol. one day i'll fix them all up.

I would say put Noctowl and Girafarig :P

Suicune vs Unown sounds good. Make it like the Unowns are surrounding Suicune, then Suicune unleashes an attack that pushes them away, or something.

Good luck.

What about Suicune vs. Raikou? Suicune is cornered by Raikou and unleashes a blizzard. Then Raikou does volt tackle as it charges Suicune.

u

what seems best to me is no legends but just 2 johto pokemon.

Actually, changing it is possible. It was already made by Baro, in his hack Pokemon Marble.

yea i looked at that too xD. its map from tilemaps lol

Is there a walkthrough for this game or a list of catchable pokemon?

there is no list of pokemon atm but there is a walkthrough on youtube.

Looks promising, just downloading it now.

I've always wanted to make one of these, i just don't have the time/commitment.

thanks. lol. it takes alot of comitment.

I would feel great. xD
    Come on Zeikku, bring on the graphics!

xD.

What about Suicune and Celebii?

Maybe but i still think no legends :P

I'm amazed at how he remixed the music. I've always wanted to do that but i can't even touch the music in R/B.

xD. the music is the toughest part i think. just wait until you hear the music in beta 2 :P

Every time i battle Axel and Gary (my rival) in Azalea town when Gary sends out his bayleef my game freezzes! Help! PLZ!!!!! I'll sponser your hack!! PLZ!!!!!

yea thats a freezing bug :(. i would say just wait till tomorow and get the second beta :P

I would like to see that Honnen is in this hack specially since link included team magma and aqua, and brendan instead of the orange islands or having two versions one with the islands and other with honnen

I like this hack well done and good luck link and zeikku

well that i cant do lol.
    1. i didnt really like hoenn although some of the r/s/e tiles were ok
    2. theres not enough space to add it

^Oh god no. That would be ever longer.

yea and too long to do lol.

well I would like something like this: its the attached file I think it would be cool having the battle like that I wanted to help and if you consider my idea I want to be in the credits
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

about the intro I like the idea of suicune vs unkown if it is not possible to add the original crystal intro and I think the music in the intro should start before suicune appears because it is like it was cut in the beggining so it would fit better that way.

The idea was thought of a long time ago (by myself), chances are we will do it for the next beta (we'll try to do it for this but I doubt it atm). So yeah I don't think you'll be in the credits for that one ;)
    maybe throw another decent ideas or 2 and..maybe...

anyways updates,

The ball inderliner thingy, (there's no point to it..but ahh well i got bored)
    (Ignore the discolored pokeball slot...i need to fix that eventually.. (it became like that through the battle/ HP box thing..).
    NewMain-2.png

I changed the textbox again..and made MOST of the text for Liquid Crystal, Purple.
    NewMain1-1.png

Some of the text is also green.
    NewMain-3.png

great xD. the ball underlineing isnt in beta 2 as of now. i would like it in though :P

Nice, updates, but you change the colour of the textboxes to what they were like in beta 1.1? When I was doing the testing I wondere why the Pokeballs weren't the right colour and now I know :P

i thought they were blueish color in beta 1.1 xD

Wow the new textbox looks fantastic xD.
    So the boy is talking about a Pokégear..... Have you laz found a way to include it? xD

not quite lol. not quite.

x2 textbox looks fantastic
    I liked the last backsprite in beta 1 better for the hero though to be honest but this one is good too
    Zane's sprite looks better though =D

thanks.

Well anyway I want to help a great hack the best I have seen
    I got a question: will you put the pokemon to appear in the day-care that would be great!
    and a glitch: when you go to kanto and go back to johto the battle music will be the same as in kanto will it be fixed for beta 2?
    and about the rival music, why not use the rival music that zel uses?

I got an idea

link was talking about a time machine some posts back and you still don´t know how to put celebi
    when you get/ 7 badages/8 badages/beat the elite 4 bill calls you and tells you to test the time machine because he thinks that there is somthing wrong with it then you get to the 2nd floor of pokecenter in ecruteak just remplace teala (she tells you stuff about linking so she is not needed) for the time machine and she asks if you want to go to the past and if you say yes you go to a past johto, how will it look: gameboy color´s graphics just like the original crystal did and you make your way into the unused cave near alph ruins and in there you get the GS ball then you return to the present and go azalea forest to the shrine and you know...for ... beta 3?

well thats a long idea but the time machine i think wont be in xD. also i have included something in beta 2 already.

as long you release it by the 25th on my bday ;)

hopfull it will be the 24th

I was referring to Silver´s battle music not carlos......but it could be great for red
    will you change the trainer´s sprites. You know, to make them look more like crystal
    and the towers need improvement to look more like a tower from the outside.
    and the music in tin tower needs to be changed too....
    will there be fastball? I think no
    what else are you changing?
    Hey what about using the tv as a portable radio just by adding the same text as the old radio programs
    will you re sprite the berries used like apricorns to make them look like the are apricorns? and what about old pokeballs like will you do the old nest ball that was blue with red?

thats an idea with the tv there :P

wow thats a lot, is that coming out for beta 2 or 3? good luck with evrything.

you said you were hearing the music from your ps3? hehe I am playing LC in my PSP!

a long time ago LaZ said something about minigames right? I was thinking and got something If he still wants minigames in the game corner or whatever how about minesweeper? mmmm poke-sweeper the same basic but instead of mines an electrode! and you win points to get money or prizes. for beta 3?
    just helping again.

minesweeper seems a pretty good idea and quite doable :P

I love the game, but the rom crashed and I have to start over now... oh well, the game is fun so im over it lol...

well i would sugest waitng till beta 2 as everyone will have to restart anyway lol.

i know that maybe this Q is answered but when will it be done??
    i hate how long it takes to complete hacks.. i know from experience.. i hope zel finishes shiny gold as well really soon..

no sg talk here lol

the beta 2 will be released in april 24 and Zel is always busy, but I heard he will finish in september, not sure thought.

you said you wanted ideas for a minigame? how about minesweeper-like game with the same basics but instead of mines electrodes
    how it should be like: you enter an area full of squares then you must talk to a square and then it has a chance to be a number or a electrode the numbers are from 1 to 8 and that number will give you points/money but if you get a electrode you will have to battle it and then the game is over. make 3 levels begginer the electrode is at lvl 30, normal the electrode is at level 40, and expert the electrode is lvl 50.

keep this in mind for beta 3

yea that seems prettyg ood aactully.

thats quite alot of work , all the hero/heroine sprites and backsprites for beta 1 were perfect imo and so was the rival Silver's, the only one I had complaints about was Zane's and from that screenshot you showed it lookes like you improved it quite alot and it looks great. Sorry I'm picky about sprites x).

xD. thanks.

when this beat ends?,how can I reach the orange islands?

you will find out :P

I don't want to sound like a biter... but you should try a minigame like the Pokemon-only sections in Prism. You could use the MD sprites for it, or something... maybe for a future beta in the next few months or something.

posibly

how about overwritting the "your save file is ok." with

your save file is ok
    time:night/day day: Monday/etc..
    weather:rain/sandstorm/dark/normal etc...
    badages ( if you cant put all of johto and kanto)

just another idea, if nobody has posted this yet then consider it for beta 3

and will you put the places that always were in night at night like the original
    ilex forest for example?

Answer pls Link or Zeikku

possible but not easy lol.

So, is suicune going to have ANY other effect on the story later or is it done with after battling it at the tower? I thought that was kinda weird in the first games but yeah, good luck with the hack!

not really. as the battle in the tin tower is like the final battle with him that you kill him or catch him.

updates: so far things are running behind again. sprites still need to be made, no battle backgrounds. and i still need to fix a few bugs that require me to beta test again ¬_¬.
    i really want to release it on the 24th but it looks like if i do it will be a rushed release :(

link

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
  • i deleted all the older ones
    i have some newish ones but it takes ages to upload them.

link

darthalex

Kidney Thief
    Years
  • i agree with aussie power, I would rather have a beta 2 that is ready a week late than a beta 2 that is rushed to meet a deadline.
    even though it is your 18th on the planned release date, you would not be doing such an excellent hack justice by releasing a version of it that is even slightly not ready.

linkandzelda

Years
  • great work magnius.
    the beta is set to be released at about 10-11 pm GMT-6 on the 24th of april :P

link

thedgr05

Tower of Doom creator
    Years
  • did you delete your old save file and set it to 128k?

good. thats what ive been telling people to do lol

im not too sure what your saying lol

thanks dude. kanto will be done and dusted in beta 2.

thanks for that puzzle thing. i really want to put it in for beta 2 if there is time. but it looks like i wont be able too :|

yea thats what im doing with the map names atm.

nope. silph co wasnt acessable in the orfinal sdo its not gonna be in LC either :P

brendan is in johto after you beat the elite 4 :P. not sure about may though lol

yes celibi is catchable in LC but not in beta 2. its half a compolsory event actully.

yes these are more things that should be done fro beta 2(i want to get done)

yea i heard about that too. and dude your scaring me lol. i think your reading my mind :O

yea that would be great... xD

thanks. i fixed that already

well some of the trees dont work. im reluctant to touch the scripts becuase there so long lol. one day i'll fix them all up.

what seems best to me is no legends but just 2 johto pokemon.

yea i looked at that too xD. its map from tilemaps lol

there is no list of pokemon atm but there is a walkthrough on youtube.

thanks. lol. it takes alot of comitment.

xD.

Maybe but i still think no legends :P

xD. the music is the toughest part i think. just wait until you hear the music in beta 2 :P

yea thats a freezing bug :(. i would say just wait till tomorow and get the second beta :P

well that i cant do lol.
    1. i didnt really like hoenn although some of the r/s/e tiles were ok
    2. theres not enough space to add it

yea and too long to do lol.

great xD. the ball underlineing isnt in beta 2 as of now. i would like it in though :P

i thought they were blueish color in beta 1.1 xD

not quite lol. not quite.

thanks.

well thats a long idea but the time machine i think wont be in xD. also i have included something in beta 2 already.

hopfull it will be the 24th

thats an idea with the tv there :P

minesweeper seems a pretty good idea and quite doable :P

well i would sugest waitng till beta 2 as everyone will have to restart anyway lol.

no sg talk here lol

yea that seems prettyg ood aactully.

xD. thanks.

you will find out :P

posibly

possible but not easy lol.

not really. as the battle in the tin tower is like the final battle with him that you kill him or catch him.

updates: so far things are running behind again. sprites still need to be made, no battle backgrounds. and i still need to fix a few bugs that require me to beta test again ¬_¬.
    i really want to release it on the 24th but it looks like if i do it will be a rushed release :(

link

To link: maniacsmash2008 says that if you could do a battle against crystal(the female heroine) or gold/kenta(the hero) and I like his idea it would be like: if you choose to be a boy you at some early point have an event to go to prof. elm´s lab and battle crystal and the other way around like r/s/e crystal/gold takes the last pokeball

-about the intro it should be suicune vs unknow because if you cant remake the whole crystal intro then it should be accurate. I know no legendaries but....

- the new textbox are great! will there be a purple one? for the E4 maybe?

- Adding May would be cool since you cant go to honnen and you could put the battle may/brendan music when you battle them and, if you put may will it be for beta 3 and in viridian city and maybe a double battle in orange islands would be a totally cool event. just another idea give credit to him (the guy who posted that and Me for adding more thing to the idea)

- So minesweeper is in? cool, call it pokesweeper xD
    will it be for beta 3?
    Pls answer link

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    I must say, I saw your map in Map Rating thread and you're a pretty darn good mapper! Maybe (not for this beta of course) you could remap each map and make it look more natural and maybe add a bit of stuff in each one to make the game more original. (Easier said than done, I know)

Raqib12

Hedgehog
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 20, 2013
    I found a few glitches/typos

IMG_0017.png

The wrong player is displayed here

IMG_0018.png

I wasn't fast enough to capture the line, but right before the player shrinks, "let's" was spelled "lets"

IMG_0020.png

That first line... I don't know, it seems wrong without a question mark :P
    The Pokeball doesn't disappear either.

IMG_0021.png

"ok" should be "okay" or "OK"

IMG_0022.png

Uhhh...?

IMG_0023.png

Leaving is capitalized

IMG_0025.png

Kabuto should be in all caps

IMG_0027.png

The gym is suppose to be locked, but it isn't. The sign is still readable, but most people won't catch that if they can just walk through.

IMG_0028.png

"Your" is suppose to be "You're"

And then gpSPhone crashes when Elm's assistant hits the door of the Pokemon Center. I don't know if it's an in-game bug, or an issue with gpSPhone

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • Perhaps an idea for Beta 3 or 4.

A house which is similar to the house in Viridian City, but with the main characters of the R/B/Y/R/S/E/FR/LG with their region or manga team (Manga teams can be found on serebii).
    Of course this is only possible if there are enough trainer slots left ;)

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    I found a few glitches/typos

IMG_0017.png

The wrong player is displayed here

IMG_0018.png

I wasn't fast enough to capture the line, but right before the player shrinks, "let's" was spelled "lets"

IMG_0020.png

That first line... I don't know, it seems wrong without a question mark :P
    The Pokeball doesn't disappear either.

IMG_0021.png

"ok" should be "okay" or "OK"

IMG_0022.png

Uhhh...?

IMG_0023.png

Leaving is capitalized

IMG_0025.png

Kabuto should be in all caps

IMG_0027.png

The gym is suppose to be locked, but it isn't. The sign is still readable, but most people won't catch that if they can just walk through.

IMG_0028.png

"Your" is suppose to be "You're"

And then gpSPhone crashes when Elm's assistant hits the door of the Pokemon Center. I don't know if it's an in-game bug, or an issue with gpSPhone
    All of these things have already been mentioned in the beta test. Therefore, when the game is actually being beta tested, it's useless to mention these things as so much has been fixed already compared to the last beta.

linkandzelda

Years
  • thanks lol guys.

The timezone that its released has been pushed back again ¬_¬ to GMT-7. thats basically UK time - 7 hours. so if I'm releasing it about 8-10 PM then thats 1-3 AM in the UK :D

link

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    thanks lol guys.

The timezone that its released has been pushed back again ¬_¬ to GMT-7. thats basically UK time - 7 hours. so if I'm releasing it about 8-10 PM then thats 1-3 AM in the UK :D

link

But we all be in bed by then :(.

Well let's hope the last second fixes will be worth it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back