• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Make-a-Mega 2 - Complete

Years
  • Before we even go with abilities we need to go with new physical electric moves that don't also kill the user and aren't terrible.

Rock head is the only real ability that would do luxray any good right now and it doesn't fit the pokemon

Sorry but we won't be changing any movesets during Make-a-Mega. There's lots of abilities out there, best to look for one that benefits Luxray as it is now. As a side note, Luxray only has one recoil move (Wild Charge) so Roch Head probably isn't a great option.

Remember guys, ability submissions closes today. In a few hours we'll be voting!

Years
  • Ok, screw my ability 'Umbranate', I officially nominate an Electric equivalent of Pixilate, etc. after feedback from Gimmepie and after reading mokonasakura's post, I think Mega-Luxray needs a decent non-recoil non-broken (*shudders at Strong Jaw*) STAB.

Years
  • Ok, screw my ability 'Umbranate', I officially nominate an Electric equivalent of Pixilate, etc. after feedback from Gimmepie and after reading mokonasakura's post, I think Mega-Luxray needs a decent non-recoil non-broken (*shudders at Strong Jaw*) STAB.

If you think of a name I'll add both.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Ok, screw my ability 'Umbranate', I officially nominate an Electric equivalent of Pixilate, etc. after feedback from Gimmepie and after reading mokonasakura's post, I think Mega-Luxray needs a decent non-recoil non-broken (*shudders at Strong Jaw*) STAB.

Why do you think Strong Jaw would be broken? Both Thunder Fang and Crunch STAB moves with Strong Jaw are weaker than an Electrified/Umbranated Return. Strong Jaw Thunder Fang, especially, is much weaker than an electric-type Return.

Personally Strong Jaw or Electrilate/Umbranate could all work, but if it gets Strong Jaw it'll need a bigger attack boost.

Years
  • Why do you think Strong Jaw would be broken? Both Thunder Fang and Crunch STAB moves with Strong Jaw are weaker than an Electrified/Umbranated Return. Strong Jaw Thunder Fang, especially, is much weaker than an electric-type Return.

Personally Strong Jaw or Electrilate/Umbranate could all work, but if it gets Strong Jaw it'll need a bigger attack boost.

I felt the problem was less "T-Fang and Crunch are broken" than "Fire Fang and Ice Fang also inflict obscene levels of damage, like 2HKOing physically defensive Zapdos" so I felt the choice was between giving it almost broken coverage or giving it almost broken STAB.

Years
  • I think Aftermath or Cursed Body could be good fun. They're not overpowered or cliche, but they're still decent abilities that don't see much use.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Couldn't decide between Strong Jaw and Contrary so I voted them both. I like each of those abilities has to offer to a Pokemon like Luxray

Years
  • Strong Jaw and Motor Drive tied so I flipped a coin. The ability is Strong Jaw! Time to start submitting stats guys! I'm thinking something like

HP: 80
    Atk: 140 (+20)
    Def: 119 (+40)
    Sp. Atk: 65 (-30)
    Sp. Def: 99 (+20)
    Spe: 120 (+50)

This gives M-Luxray a really even spread. It's got good Atk (especially if you combine it with biting moves with its ability) and unlike normal Luxray it's got some really solid bulk and a pretty decent Speed. It did have to take some hits to its Sp. Atk, but it doesn't need it's Sp. Atk anymore anyway.

Years
  • With no other stats suggested and it being time to start voting, it seems that my stat set gets it. Thanks for participating in this Make-a-Mega to those who did so. Keep an eye out for the Daily article and the next set of polls, both will appear soon.

Back