• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Make-a-Mega 3: Finished

What changes should be made to Mega Lapras' stats?

• [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9292734&postcount=69"]Wall/Wallbreaker[/url]

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9292787&postcount=70"]Fast Sweeper[/url]

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9292851&postcount=71"]Mixed DD Sweeper 1[/url]

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9293635&postcount=72"]Mixed DD Sweeper 2[/url]

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
  • I can't believe I missed this thread until now. Pretty happy to see Lapras being voted to go up next though!

I voted for Water/fairy, simply design-wise speaking I see it being more water/fairy or water/dragon over anything else. Ice type needs to be dropped over water, I just don't see it staying. :'(

The issue is, though, what Castform brought up. Fairy type would be a waste if Lapras doesn't even learn any fairy-type moves? :/

Years
  • Voted for Water/Dragon, Water/Fairy, Ice/Dragon, and Ice/Fairy. I just don't see making a slightly better Starmie or Slowbro(depending on if we go sweeper or bulk) very fun. Water/Flying could be cool design-wise but I fear a typing like that would doom the mega.

Years
  • I gave my votes to Water/Dragon and Water/Psychic. Apart from being the best fits mythos and design-wise I think both make for really good type combinations and compliment Lapras' movepool nicely.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Water/Dragon and Water/Psychic as I have mentioned. Fairy simply does not suit it.

Sirfetch’d

What about Drizzle or Competitive/Defiant(depending on if we want it to be a special or physical attacker? I feel like the latter would give Lapras a more offensive presence if we were to go down the route of wanting to make it an offensive mon.

Years
  • What about Drizzle or Competitive/Defiant(depending on if we want it to be a special or physical attacker? I feel like the latter would give Lapras a more offensive presence if we were to go down the route of wanting to make it an offensive mon.

I feel like I want to focus most of its stat boosts on it defences, but perhaps still give a nice boost to it's Sp. Atk? So Competitive might still be quite nice for it.

Considering its lack of recovery, Regenerator sounds like a reasonable choice to me also.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I want something that traces back to it's ice roots (when it wasn't weak to dragon types :p) , so maybe an ability that won't make it weak against Dragon types?

But otherwise Regenerator sounds good from a Mega-Lapras :3

Sirfetch’d

Regenerator is a great choice as well. Afaik the only recovery Lapras has is Rest! The good thing about Regenerator is that it can work well with offensive or defensive Pokemon.

Years
  • I was actually thinking maybe Mold Breaker, to help it get around what I think one of its main counters would be: Unaware Clefable. Competitive could be cool though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2016
    I would have liked to see Multiscale or Marvel Scale. Rest would reactivate Multiscale and activate Marvel Scale. Could have went the generic CroCune build that way with Rest, Sleep Talk, Calm Mind and Scald. Marvel Scale wouldn't be bad on a Lapras design wise because of how elegant it's portrayed. A shame I only found this after the poll was closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back