• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Archiving Old Hacks

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
  • Should someone archive all the old hacks that are abandoned by their owners or better yet archive every hack that fulfilled some sort of requirement?

I believe archiving them is the best way to promote those hacks or any hack in general. And I think it's what is missing in this part of the forum although i think it's understandable that it wouldn't be that easy because of two things:
    1. Hacks cannot be promoted by other people w/o the permission of the original hacker.
    2. It would require an absurd amount of time to archive them all.

I'm still hoping something like this would happen but ehh.. I'd be fine if this suggestion won't be considered. Heck I just want to hear the opinions of you guys. What do you think about this idea?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Maybe we could have a new subsection called "Archives" or something, where hacks which are abandoned or haven't received any new comments for a number of months will be placed there, locked.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I don't think it's a bad idea. It would certainly help clean up Progressing Hacks quite a bit, and we wouldn't have people just randomly reviving threads as they would hopefully realize that it is in a section for dead projects... At the same time it would be nice to see a list compiled of hacks that have releases as there are a number of nice hacks from years past that had good demos that people don't know about.

Years
  • This would be a great idea. The thing is, the people that are new to playing hacks only know about like, light platinum, dark rising, all those hacks. I personally dislike these hacks, as while they might be completed, they are not that fun to play (in my opinion).

An archives section would help get these people into playing different hacks. There are lots of hacks out there, and if we gathered them all, these hacks could get more attention.

Years
  • I like destinedjagold idea although if some hacks are locked new people like me< lol will not be able to access them or either if other people who play via hacks found something new or a suggestion will not be able to comment so i think it would be great if there is a separate folder with title that matches great like Old Hacks or Archives (both sound good i think :) ) and after if someone want to write something there or likes it let her/him comment or if they found something to help us as a community to grow!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Maybe just a stickied thread in this section or the Studio would suffice? You could say, list them by amount of badges or by date. I'm not sure a whole section for them is necessary but people miss out on a lot of great hacks because they're buried beneath pages of garbage, and I think it would be a good idea to give them some more attention.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Yeah I remember a long time ago that a mod here tried making one before and quit halfway probably because of the amount of work it might take but I do hope someone makes it someday.. A stickied thread is enough but an archives section is cool too!

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    like the idea
    they should make a hack catalog section
    they should list the hack that abandoned , dead , unfinished , in progress and complete:)

Back