• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
I'll warn people time and time again not to play that terrible, terrible release. Will they listen? Nah. Yes, before we actually had a sense of artistic direction, the Pokémon list featured dreadful starters (though Striktoil still appears, just not as a starter). You'll also find things such as wild Skume, and countless glitches and flaws in a system that just wasn't ready to be used. But because of the pressure people put on us for a release, that came out... and since that we have redone everything. Everything.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I'll warn people time and time again not to play that terrible, terrible release. Will they listen? Nah. Yes, before we actually had a sense of artistic direction, the Pokémon list featured dreadful starters (though Striktoil still appears, just not as a starter). You'll also find things such as wild Skume, and countless glitches and flaws in a system that just wasn't ready to be used. But because of the pressure people put on us for a release, that came out... and since that we have redone everything. Everything.

I think they're doing it to spite you Fangking. Though it's nice to see a new update, great job to you and your entire team. ^_^

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
Whenever Burmy battles, it tends to pick up a cloak based on the terrain around it. Logically, it would need a new form if it is to battle in the PokéNet. Using stray strings of code in this entirely digital domain, it builds the Cyber Cloak. When wearing this Cloak, it can evolve into Wormadam with a Cyber Cloak which grants it the addition of Virus type.

burmycybercloak.png

Thanks to Comfy Cushion for this delightful concept. Burmy itself is ©Gamefreak/Nintendo

KangasKid18 has publicly released (a rare occurence!) Burmy sprites too, so take a look :)
burmydone.jpg

And we have a sprite of Argus courtesy of Valkari Knight and Comfy Cushion:
Argus2.png

All materials solely for the use of Pokémon Acanthite. Thanks :)

That is.................. TOOOOTALLY WICKED.

But the only thing that does not look right is the head, I know that it is an edit of Cyrus but the heat coud be straigh so that it could look different, maybe tean it a couple of degrees. And the hair looks to big, remember the perosn has weight, so might tone it down.

Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 11, 2023
That is.................. TOOOOTALLY WICKED.

But the only thing that does not look right is the head, I know that it is an edit of Cyrus but the heat coud be straigh so that it could look different, maybe tean it a couple of degrees. And the hair looks to big, remember the perosn has weight, so might tone it down.

You know that it's a Cyrus edit? That's odd, considering it isn't. The sprite looks awesome, if you're going to criticise, at least offer something better!

Excellent work again my dear coal miner, can't wait to see more.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Cool update. Can't wait to see the Wormadam variant.

I also notice rather official-looking Gekkomodo art in Rekon's avatar; looks even more like a chameleon that Keckleon.........which is why I still don't quite understand why its name is a combination of 'gecko' and 'komodo'.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
Years
This is absolutely incredible! This is the first time I've ever seen a well-executed original Pokémon game, and it looks marvelous. The talent of your designers seemly knows no bounds. Suffice it to say, I will play it when it's possible, and please do keep up the fantastic work!

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022

I played it once ,and did not like it . I know this is going to be a whole lot better because it reminds me of Gold and Silver because of it being a prequel and of the great designs.

Atomic Reactor

Do you want me to get a cyrus sprite and show you that it is an edit.

I would like to see your proof that it's an edit...
Because I just took a look, and the only similarity is the face, they have the same general look. And yet its still not the same (different colors and shading)
So if it's the face your referring to, then shut it. Cause that's barely an edit at all.
They maybe took the face, and edited that. But that's it. Everything else seems to be scratch.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I would like to see your proof that it's an edit...
Because I just took a look, and the only similarity is the face, they have the same general look. And yet its still not the same (different colors and shading)
So if it's the face your referring to, then shut it. Cause that's barely an edit at all.
They maybe took the face, and edited that. But that's it. Everything else seems to be scratch.
i think hes looking at the pose it has a similar pose to the d/p cyrus though there are differences that tells me that its not an edit

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
Years
I'm not normally a fakemon fan, but these fakemon are actually quite impressive. I too, would like to see this done.

Keep up with the good work.

(Yes I did post the exact same thing on another thread, but that was an accident.)

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Today I have character concept sketches.

KangasKid18 said:
Well, there are gonna be some in HGSS anyway, so why not beat them to the punch? Argus has three trusted subordinates in Acanthite, and here are some sketches and info about them:

kanek.jpg

Kane is the most militant of Argus' admins. Always tough and ready to battle, Kane is a master of Fighting type Pokemon.

isoldeu.jpg

Isolde has worked her way up the ranks of Team Rocket due to her cool nature and icy disposition. She uses primarily Ice type Pokemon.

carsondyk.jpg

Smart and sly, Carson is Argus' third admin. A user of Poison types, he is more subdued and surreptitious than the rest of his comrades.

More info on these guys will be forthcoming!

-KangasKid18

Thank you please :)

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
Years
Wow, this game has some of the most original Fakemon I've seen in a while! ;) The story line is unbelievely creative and I love the towns. My only complaint is that I don't think there are enough female gym leaders in the game. :P Other than that, keep up the great work!

Merovin

Dragon Master!
Years
It's nice to see Acanthite is still going, probably one of the most inspirational fan games I've seen. I'm glad to see it's still as fantastic as ever! :D​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back