• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wailord/Whimsicott Deck?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 22, 2015
So with the release of Ancient Origins, I expect to see a lot of Vespiquen decks, M Sceptile, and M Tyranitar decks, but one that I've been secretly planning on trying is a Wailord EX and Whimsicott Deck.

So with Whimsicott you can use an attack called Windy Mischief for one fairy energy to move all damage counters from one of your benched pokemon to your opponent's active pokemon, which at first sound amazing because you can deal tons of damage and heal it from your pokemon at the same time, but there aren't many pokemon who can abuse this beacause even though most EX pokemon have high hp, unless its a mega, your only going to hit for a maximum of 160-170, and thats only if you don't get knocked out. The only basic EX (and i say basic because of M pokemon) with more that 170-180 hp is Wailord, who can abuse Whimsicott for very satisfying kills. My one worry is that since float stone is out of rotation, its going to be very hard to retreat Wailord and bring out Whimsicott while also keeping the damage counters on Wailord outside of a switch.

Any builds or suggestions on how to build this deck would be appreciated, but its not a deck I've seen anything of online. I don't have a deck list as of yet because I'm trying to think of ways to pull Wailord back into the bench with damage counters on it.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
So with the release of Ancient Origins, I expect to see a lot of Vespiquen decks, M Sceptile, and M Tyranitar decks, but one that I've been secretly planning on trying is a Wailord EX and Whimsicott Deck.

So with Whimsicott you can use an attack called Windy Mischief for one fairy energy to move all damage counters from one of your benched pokemon to your opponent's active pokemon, which at first sound amazing because you can deal tons of damage and heal it from your pokemon at the same time, but there aren't many pokemon who can abuse this beacause even though most EX pokemon have high hp, unless its a mega, your only going to hit for a maximum of 160-170, and thats only if you don't get knocked out. The only basic EX (and i say basic because of M pokemon) with more that 170-180 hp is Wailord, who can abuse Whimsicott for very satisfying kills. My one worry is that since float stone is out of rotation, its going to be very hard to retreat Wailord and bring out Whimsicott while also keeping the damage counters on Wailord outside of a switch.

Any builds or suggestions on how to build this deck would be appreciated, but its not a deck I've seen anything of online. I don't have a deck list as of yet because I'm trying to think of ways to pull Wailord back into the bench with damage counters on it.
I don't know how good this will be but it could work I guess. Float stone is being reprinted next set. In the mean time I'm sure you can get it to work with fairy garden.

Back