• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Surfing?

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2015
    I recently got the HM Surf, but when I checked Bulbapedia to see what Pokemon are located in different water areas that could be obtained by using Surf, only Fishing was listed, even though Gen 2 had Surf listed.

In Gen 1, was it possible to find Pokemon in water by using surf?

Cloudy J

Cloud Queen
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 16, 2018
    Yes it was possible, I'm seeing a section for surfing on route 20.
    Perhaps you were looking at an area specifically didn't have any pokemon that could be found surfing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2016
    The only map that I can think of that didn't have data for surfing pokemon is cinnabar island.
    But yes, you can encounter pokemon via surfing

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2016
    Most of the water routes you surf through have encounters. Tentacool being the most prolific of course. I recall there were quite a few cool Pokemon you could find in the route (I forget its #) near Whirl Islands.

Back