• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Feedback Thread

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    A lot of the other mods had made feedback threads in hopes of improving their sections for the member-base, so we're doing that too. We might be a little late to the party, but here's the feedback thread for Pokemon X&Y.

So tell us what during your time here has been good, what could use improvement, complain about how my name is a 5th Gen Pokemon when this is a 6th Gen section, whatever you want. Peitharchia and I want to make this section be the best that it can be, and your feedback is needed for that.

So c'mon guys, tell us yer thoughts.

Years
  • Well, since XY aren't the newest games anymore, I don't really have any idea on what to suggest. Other than the occasional player character photo things that go on, there isn't much I see in particular that really happens, and thus not a lot for me to object to that immediately comes to mind for this section - again, most of that owes in part to it not being as relevant at this point.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Well, I think the biggest thing is trying to address that duplicate post glitch that has been going on for over a year. And even if it's beyond fixing by the mods or whatever, at LEAST have a meeting with the other mods to not give infractions to people that are suffering from the duplicate post glitch cause it's the message board software, not the posters.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, I think the biggest thing is trying to address that duplicate post glitch that has been going on for over a year. And even if it's beyond fixing by the mods or whatever, at LEAST have a meeting with the other mods to not give infractions to people that are suffering from the duplicate post glitch cause it's the message board software, not the posters.
    Yeah idk if the double-post glitch is something that can be fixed or not, it happens forum-wide and usually in threads that are long and old, and the only ones who could fix it if it even can be fixed are the admins.

And....no one should be infracting you because of the duplicate post glitch. There's a difference between the thread glitching and duplicating your post and you actually double-posting, and I'd like to think that everyone on staff can tell the difference. But that is also another matter entirely.

But I will re-make the X/Y Q&A thread soon since that's probably one of the threads you're talking about, and that will stop it from duplicating posts for a time. Just not today, I wanna give it a little more time.

c'mon people, y'all know you have more feedback to give

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Honestly, especially with ORAS having their own forum, I only rarely come here anymore. And whenever I check, what's going on here, most of the threads are mostly the same as a year before, except for the thread title which is a little bit more variable depending on the creator. I don't know if people run out of ideas or if there's nothing more in X and Y that's worth talking about (e.g. because ORAS is doing the same, but the games are newer). Checking if there are interesting topics is also kinda discouraged by the one month rule and threads becoming archived and thus disappearing from the surface until someone finds it on Google and digs it out, only to get it closed (yeah I know why this rule exists, so I'll stop talking about it).

Now, looking at the pinned section, I see:
    - a generic rule thread
    - a generic Q&A thread
    - a generic journal thread
    - a generic gimmick thread (FCs for Friend Safaris)

It's basically what you'd expect from a forum that deals with X and Y. But I think, because it just being what you'd expect makes it really boring in some way. Why go into the X and Y section, when other sections have the same stuff?

When looking at the other threads in this forum, there's not much variety. I mean there are two threads dealing with Shinys, for starters. Also it seems like a hugh amount of threads were made by only a chosen few, lots of them being mods and a lot of those mod made threads are made by Peitharchia and they feel a little bit...generic. No offense, though; I've just seen his/her threads popping up basically everywhere and they all kinda read the same after a while.
    Now, I understand that the content that keeps a forum alive is mostly created by the users that visit the forum frequently and with ORAS, a lot of these people moved on. If we were at the end of the sixth generation fusing both forums would probably be the best idea, but for the time being I feel like a fusion wouldn't be just to X and Y as they are still great games.

I think a little bit more variety would be good to see, some things that aren't already discussed to death, which there isn't too much, because most of it still exists in ORAS.
    Makes mee feel sad about Nintendo abandoning the games after only one year...

As for the moderation style...it's alright. At least I don't have anything I'd complain about. Redirecting threads is always fast and clean, the mods are friendly; you know, the usual stuff.

Also I don't know why people complain about duplicate posts. I've posted in a lot of threads, many of them having a lot of pages and I never got a duplicate. :P

Reactions: Nah
    Years
  • R.F. already covered what I was going to say, but he has made a good point, the popularity of OR/AS right now has made active members leave this section in the dust but it still gets its fair share of activity, just not as much as OR/AS at the moment.

Also, he mentioned how OR/AS kept some of the same mechanics, such as Pokemon Amie and Super Training, which sorta makes it hard to come up with more XY-specific topics in threads, and while there may have not been much diversity with thread makers (Peitharchia seems to have been making most of the threads lately) there's still solid topics to discuss despite the OR/AS overshadowing.

The Trainer Customization contests are a unique thing going for this section, but the issue is every new contest had less members joining meaning they are at risk of getting cancelled completely, and the PR Video Contest got abandoned due to a lack of participants.

Aside from all that negative stuff, I do have to praise Zekrom and Peitharchia on doing a great job modding the section. They are quite calm and are always fun to get involved with, and they always do their best to still keep the section afloat even if it's being viewed as inferior to its cousin forum of OR/AS.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Duplicate posts usually happen only when using quick reply, if I'm not mistaken (advanced editor mode seems to have something for prevention of this), and in threads that have around 100 pages of posts or more. X/Y Quick Q&A would be one that meets this criteria, but Zekrom will be remaking it soon, as he said.

As for Trainer Customization and PR Video events--they have not been able to generate much participants last time we had hosted, sadly, but we will be putting more effort behind promotion next time we put up some contest such as these (which should be around February). Hopefully, this will lend a hand on having more people take part.

Thanks for all our feedback thus far; they are appreciated!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    'K, I'm gonna unstick this thread now, but if people still have feedback and stuff they wanna share, please do.

Back