• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Australian Hoopa event announced (finally!)

Years
  • Spoiler:

So, me and my fellow Australian cohorts have been waiting so long for our first Hoopa event while the rest of the world was getting theirs, but we have to fear no longer because Australia's first official Hoopa distribution is coming.

As I likely dreadfully feared, it's another serial code event (stop with them already) and it will be distributed at JB Hi-Fi stores from January 18th to 26th. The code can be used on all 6th Gen core series games - X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

That said Australian trainers, are you planning to get one? Are you all happy we finally have our long-awaited first Hoopa event?

Edit: It's now been confirmed the event ends on January 29th, not the 26th as previously reported. According to Bulbapedia, the codes will be distributed at EB Games and Big W as well as JB Hi-Fi.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    I hate that it's a serial code event but none the less I will hopefully be able to pick one up.

Years
  • One other huge downside with this event is that it's very short, lasting only for five days which means you have to get in extremely fast.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Well it's about time! See, I told you Australia would get it some time soon :P

But gosh, what a brief window of time. Have there been distribution events that were this short in the past?

Years
  • But gosh, what a brief window of time. Have there been distribution events that were this short in the past?

I recall there was a Diancie event in the US last year that only lasted like, three days. And I don't think that one was even a serial code event to begin with.

Also, Bulbapedia has now reported the event runs until the 29th instead of the 26th. The codes will actually be available at JB Hi-Fi, EB Games and Big W stores, and you can get the code card without needing to purchase any products, so keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I recall there was a Diancie event in the US last year that only lasted like, three days. And I don't think that one was even a serial code event to begin with.

Also, Bulbapedia has now reported the event runs until the 29th instead of the 26th. The codes will actually be available at JB Hi-Fi, EB Games and Big W stores, and you can get the code card without needing to purchase any products, so keep that in mind.

So do we just ask them for a code? How does it work? I can't read the text on the poster and haven't been to/heard of a serial code event before :((

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • So do we just ask them for a code? How does it work? I can't read the text on the poster and haven't been to/heard of a serial code event before :((

Us NZ peeps got it around the same time as well and I'm guessing it's the same thing here as it is in Aussie.

You basically just head to the counter and ask if they've got any hoopa codes and they'll give you a card that looks like this:

Spoiler:

Basically there are a bunch of instructions that are on the card you receive to get your hoopa!
    lol this was also my first serial code event - and more or less this was me picking up for a friend of mine (which is why the code hasn't been scratched)

Years
  • Just a reminder guys, that the event ends this Friday. Remember to get in to EB Games, JB Hi-Fi or Big W now if you haven't got yours yet!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Ok so when I first heard about it I thought, ok, cool, I don't need to bring in my 3DS to a store awkwardly to get an event. Easyyyy.

Turns out the thing with serial code cards is that they are a physical resource and run out - tried three different stores today in my local shopping centre and all were out of the codes hahaha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    One EB games store ran out of Hoopa codes and then I had to go to another EB game store but this time, they only have 2 left and me and my brother got the last 2 of them. Since we have a better internet server, we got it when we got back home.

Years
  • One EB games store ran out of Hoopa codes and then I had to go to another EB game store but this time, they only have 2 left and me and my brother got the last 2 of them. Since we have a better internet server, we got it when we got back home.

Wow you got lucky, and especially considering today was the final day of the distribution as well.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I still haven't gotten Hoopa.

I can't even remember if it came out here yet or not. I'm terrible. :(

IGN UK said:
    Hoopa is coming to Pokemon X and Y, and Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, from October 23 to November 5. [2015]

To get hold of the mischief Pokemon, you'll need to head on down to your nearest GAME store with a 3DS system in tow. Once there, speak to a member of staff and they'll hook you up with a code that can be entered in the Mystery Gift section of the aforementioned Pokemon games. After the code is entered, head on over to any Pokemon Center and the delivery lady should gift you a Hoopa.

I'm really sorry, you already missed it. But you never know, they might distribute it again like the Diancie from last year! Stay tuned to the official news!

Back