• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] PMD: Explorers of Wonder

Emp395

It's *Emp*-oleon, the *395*th.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Prolog

Maybe it was fate that brought me to this world. I just don't know why...

I've heard of a so-called "Land of Legends". It was higher than the celestial sky. The beautiful embrace of time and space all wraped into one making the Land of Legends. I always wanted to go there. From what I've heard, the amazing world has a deep purple sky and is set upon the highest cloud. There were old myths about this place too. One myth is about Arceus, the god Pokémon shaping the world with 1000 hands. Another about the Three Sinnih lake guardians hatching out of the same egg. I also heard about the three dragons; Dialga, the dragon that helped shape time, Palkia, the dragon that helped shape space, and Giratina, the Dragon that wanted to destroy the fabrics of space and time by distorting it with the power that can withstand anything but the power of the amazing Arceus.

I have been reading about it in the school's library. The blue hardcover book felt soft on the tips of my fingers. The edges of the pages were ridged. When you felt the page, it felt almost as soft as the covers. I was found the book while looking in the Myths & Legends section. As I was reading on about the myths about the three dragons, someone just grabbed the book and slammed it shut.

"You still believe in those myths, Josh?" Annabeth said.

Annabeth was a close friend of mine. She was my friend since early childhood. She and I were a popular couple here at Jubilife Middle School. We were like the '10 Bonnie & Clyde. She would always wear a pair of purple Converse shoes, a pair of blue jeans, a soft short sleeved shirt and a orange beret covering her sweet long blonde hair. She had a nice tan and had the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen.

"Yes! And I believe them." I replied.

I, Josh, was very sophisticated. I always read about Myths & Legends as I was always fascinated about the great stories passed on, generation after generation, about the creation of the world. I remember watching something back when I was 7 on TV that I can't remember. I was also a Shakespearian along with Annabeth. Come to think of it, I can't imagine anything I've done without her. Our hands were always held, our eyes always towards eachother, the way our lips feel when pressing on to eachother. It's like we're eachother's lives. I would always wear a pair of Nikes with baggy jeans, a black hoodie, and a white NY cap. I had a little bit darker tan than Annabeth's and I had black spiky hair with brown eyes.

"That's cool. So what are you thinking of doing in Summer?" Annabeth asked. It was a couple months until graduation. We then sat on a table, taking my book facing it top up.

"I don't know. Maybe we can go to Sandgem Beach and watch the beautiful sunset, or maybe we can go hike up Mt. Coronet and reach Spear Pillar, maybe we can even go to Sunyshore. I heard you love it there!" I said. Annabeth then grinned and glazed at me.

"I don't know what I'd do without you..." she whispered to me. We then exchanged sympathetical looks at eachother. I even saw a little tear in her eyes.

At the end of the day, we looked at the beautiful sky like we always did. There were swarms of Starly and Tailow migrating north in the sky. To be honest, there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. The sun was shining down on our skin as we walked down the quiet streets.

"Sometimes, I wish we could always be together..." I said to her in a soft voice. She looked a little shocked, but happy.

"What do you mean by that?" she asked with a happy grin.

"I mean, we're often together, why not always?" I replied. We then both stopped in our tracks.

"Is this a proposal?" She asked, still a little shocked, even I was a little shocked when she said that.

"Ummm... No." I answered. We then both snickered. We didn't really say much about as we got back to our neighbouring houses.

We were always friends since we were little kids. It was only until we were 10 when I confessed my love for her when we were hanging around her backyard in a rainy summer night.

"I love you. Do you love me?" were the exact words used when I proclaimed my love for her. Of course, she said yes. We didn't really talk about it, but everyone noticed the two of us.

I raced up to my small, yet cosy room. I had a picture of me and Annabeth on the nightstand beside my bed. In the drawer was some of her possesions; an album of me and her at Snowpoint City last year, where we spent Christmas together as just the two of us, a pink iPod nano with the words: 'I'll always be there for you like you were there for me. Love, Annabeth' that she game me on Valentines' Day this year, an old red beret she gave me when she got her new one, and a gold music box she was going to toss out but gave to me while cleaning out her closet.

"Hey! Josh!" I heard from out my open window. Our bedroom windows faced eachother so we could always talk to eachother. It also helps that our houses were close.

"Annabeth!" I exclaimed from across the gap that seperated us apart.

"Hey! So you going to the Spring Dance next week?" she asked. I found it surprising that she would asks me to the dance.

"You know, I'm the one who should ask you." I explained to her. She giggled a little bit.

"Okay, if you say so. Anyways, I need to take a nap!" She yawned.

"Me, too!" I yawned back. I then laid on my bed and fell into a deep sleep. Suddenly, I heard shaking around me but I couldn't wake up...

I had a dream where I was in the Land of Legends. I saw Arceus faraway standing right before a sleeping Treecko and Torchic.

"We need your help!" Arceus exclaimed with his eyes shut tight. He then floated above them and grabbed onto them with anti-gravitational forces. I felt my body fading away. I saw Annabeth fading away too. I then felt a weird sensation and I looked at my self. I had small green arms and legs. I saw the Torchic waking up as well.

"Josh?" the Torchic said in Annabeth's voice. I then realized the Torchic was actually Annabeth. I also realized that this wasn't a dream. It's reality. Arceus' forces were becoming weaker and he let go of us and we fell from the sky...

To Be Continued

Krystallyn

☼ ♥You make me smile♥ ☼
Years
Hmm... I like where you seem to be going with the plotline. I'd like to see some conflict between Josh and Annabeth, though. It will make the story more interesting. Also, you should add a few more details. Beswides that, I like it. I shall keep reading. :)

Emp395

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Thanks for the advice. I've been writing the next chapter which includes them forming an exploration team and going off on their first mission: to rescue a Mudkip from a Staraptor in a mountain. I'll follow your advice for the next chapter.

dogofthreelover

Friendship is forever
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Wow, I see a story coming on! The Land of Legends... a little more detail would be nice, but otherwise, great story! Keep up the good work!

Emp395

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
I'm almost done the next chapter. When I'm done the next chapter, I'll post it here. I also want some suggestions for the plot. If you want to suggest something for the plot, post here or VM me.

Emp395

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
CHAPTER 1
I woke up. I saw that I still have my short green body. I guess I haven't changed overnight. I then saw an orange little chick beside me. It was Annabeth. I looked around and saw that we were in a dark forest. As odd as it looks, the trees look like they're trapping us. I looked to the sky and saw that it was still daytime. Annabeth woke up as well.

"Josh... Where are we?" Annabeth asked. I looked around. It kinda looked like the trees were closing in us.

"I don't know..." I answered. I looked up at the blue sky again. I then grabbed on Annabeth and climbed up one of the trees bringing Annabeth with me. I didn't know how I climbed up, I could never climb a tree, but since I was a Treecko, I could climb with no problems. When we go to the top, we saw a large mountain 20 miles north of here. In the south was a large village 50 miles of here. It's weird, I saw a mail centre in the shape of a Pelliper, a marketplaces in the shape of Khangaskan, Keckleon, Persian, Wigglytuff, everything!!

"Let's get to the village!" I said, pointing at the village. We then walked slowly towards the village on the treetops. The green trees could oddly carry us despite our weight. Did we lose weight when we changed bodies?

"Josh... How did we even get into this body?" Annabeth asked. A lot of thoughts went through my head. I had a lot of theories in my mind.

"Well, Arceus brought us here. Maybe we are still at home, but we are in an unconsience state and our souls transported us here!" I pitched in. Annabeth then had a confused looked on her face.

"Well, maybe we are in the afterlife. Maybe... we're dead!" Annabeth exclaimed.

"Why would you say that?"

"Did you feel the ground shake earlier?"

I then remembered how the ground shook back home. I was sleeping at home. The ground was shaking, everything was rumbling, I heard loud noises. I couldn't wake up.

"Yeah, but it still didn't make sense how we couldn't wake up! I mean, I didn't feel anything hit my head, and even if I was in a coma, I wouldn't hear or feel anything" I replied. We then had a confused look on our faces. As we thought. A Staraptor flew above our heads, not too far from us. It was holding a Mudkip in its mouth. We were both confused now. It was heading for the mountain. We didn't really mind it that much, but I kept on asking myself why the Staraptor had a Mudkip in its mouth. As we walked on top of the trees, we tried not to fall off. The trees were very large. After a while, the bright blue sky turned into the dark black night. The moon shone on us like the sun but with a colder feeling. We got closer to the village by the second when we reached the town, we saw a large, old Swampert pacing around while being watched by a Krabby.

"This is bad!! Real, real bad!" the Swampert said in a deep voice. The Krabby put his small, cold claw on Swampert's shoulder.

"It's okay, sire! It'll be okay!" Krabby said in a calm voice.

<Sire? This guy must be important> I thought to myself. I wondered what was happening.

"My son got kidnapped by a Staraptor!" the very important Swampert cried. And then I realized the Staraptor I saw at the forest was the Swampert's son.

"I know where your son is!" Annabeth exclaimed out of nowhere. The Swampert was very pleased.

"Really?" Swampert said in joy, "Where is he?"

"He is in the mountain at the north of here!" I exclaimed.

"Sterling Mountain? Then onwards you must go, Krabby!" Swampert commanded the Krabby. I then had the feeling to help.

"I want to go with him!" I insisted. Annabeth then nodded along with me. Krabby nodded as well. I guess it was settled. The Swampert didn't say anything, he just watched us in pride as we ventured into the dark forest. Partway through the forest, I felt the urge to ask Krabby some questions.

"Who was that Swampert?" I asked as we walked along. The pitter patter of our feet on the cold hard soil was heard by other Pokémon in the forest. I saw a couple of red eyes stare at me but I couldn't make out the body.

"He da Kin' of Pokémon Village, he woked up dis mornin' and got himself seein' his son bein' taked away by dat Staraptor!" the Krabby explained in a pirate accent. I ignored his grammar, it's only natural for someone with that kind of accent to talk that way. Krabby then gave me a glance. I didn't know why.

"What's with the accent?" Annabeth asked. Krabby then directed his eyes to Annabeth, being insulted.

"Yer never herd of da 'Krabby Klan?'" Krabby asked, still giving that weird glance, "Der da meanest of all ye Pokémon! Dey strike fear on ye hearts! Dey brin' ye down fast'r den ye can say 'Mercy!'"

"First of all, I can't understand a word you are saying? Second, who are the Krabby Klan? Lastly-" I said, cutting myself off, I then used my fast speed to get behind Krabby. Krabby was surprised. I then pounded onto him and pushed him into a large tree trunk. The hard, wooden bark damaged him, but not too badly. I stood upon him as he was stammering upon words.

"M-M-Mercy..." Krabby moaned in pain. I got off of him and he then got himself back up slowly.

"Josh!" Annabeth said, concerned at me for hurting Krabby. Annabeth then did a look me in the eyes. She was a tad bit distasteful of me.

"O', my pard'ns. Yer name is Josh? And dis Torchic is...?" Krabby asked. I was about to open my green mouth when Annabeth stepped in front of me.

"I'm Annabeth!" she said with a wide grin. Annabeth had always had a habit of introducing herself to other people when other people are trying to introduce for her.

"Josh & Annabeth!" Krabby said. He then pointed his medium-sized claws to the north. Before us was the large Sterling Mountain. The peak of the mountain was as high as the top of the clouds. We entered, there were rocks pointing from the ceiling. There was a cold temperature in the air. It wasn't dark in the cave, just not much light, but we could see. We ventured into the cave. We walked for about 20 minutes forward when we found a large, gray boulder blocking the way.

"Who's gonna push it aside?" Annabeth asked. We took turns pushing the large boulders with our bare hands. The boulder was just too large and heavy for us to push away. We tried pushing altogether, even that failed. Krabby then looked at the ceiling.

"Guys, stand back!" Krabby commanded as he gets ready to shoot a Bubblebeam at the ceiling. Out of his claws, a beam of bubbles sped out and hit the ceiling. The ceiling then had a large hole.

"How'd ye blokes like dat?" Krabby asked, with a grin on his face. Me and Annabeth stared blankly at him.

"We're two feet tall, the ceiling's two metres high." I said. We looked up. If I could cling onto the walls, I might be able to climb the rocky surface. I then sped onto the wall like a speeding bullet, right before I collided, I jumped up and hit the ceiling. I was doing fine when I noticed that I was going to hit a stalactite. I then moved to the side to avoid it and I hit the hard rocky surface. Before falling, I hung onto the stalactite. Looking up, I used Quick Attack and flew up the hole.

"Bravo, Josh!" Krabby exclaimed. He then had an idea. He pointed his claw to himself and blew one large bubble engulfing himself with the bubble. He rose up to the ceiling easily. He balanced himself so he can move to the hole. He went to the top with ease.

"Aww, crap! How am I supposed to get up?" Annabeth asked herself. She then looked at the boulder. Back in the day, she was a gymnast, she could jump high with ease. She climbed upon the large 1 metre tall boulder and leaped up to the opening. She was about to get to the hole when she suddenly descended, I then reached my hand out for her, and pulled her up. She was very light, and felt like a cloud. When we got to the second floor, she saw a stairway to the third floor. The stairway lead high to the top of the cave and through a hole in the ceiling.

"That must be where Mudkip is!" Krabby exclaimed, pointing to the ceiling. I then got ready to run up the stairs and ready to rescue Mudkip!

To Be Continued

Back