• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
hey ive not tried this script out yet but im curious if it will work so i thought id post it here first.
Spoiler:

ive bolded the bit that im curious about and if will work

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I know that, it's just that I don't often use XSE (almost never, actually), I often get mixed up with commands. Anyways, I'm sorry for all the confusion. D: It's just that I usually write my scripts like that, it doesn't make much of a difference to me. Once again, sorry. D:

You don't have to apologize. I just wanted you to be a little more careful before posting. There's already an enormous amount of misinformation on hacking out there; no sense in adding to it.

hey ive not tried this script out yet but im curious if it will work so i thought id post it here first.
Spoiler:

ive bolded the bit that im curious about and if will work

Uhm, why don't you try it out? Isn't that one of the main principles behind hacking?

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
You don't have to apologize. I just wanted you to be a little more careful before posting. There's already an enormous amount of misinformation on hacking out there; no sense in adding to it.

Uhm, why don't you try it out? Isn't that one of the main principles behind hacking?

Just to make sure and if your not going to tell me if it needs improving or it will work theres not point you posting about it, is there?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
if your not going to tell me if it needs improving or it will work theres not point you posting about it, is there?

I guess the point was that I was trying to get you to realize that hacking is all about figuring things out for yourself. If you go to ask for help before you've even tried to see if something works, you're doing something wrong.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
If it doesnt trouble anyone too much, would anyone mind helping me out with this script?
Code:
#dynamic 0x32134C

#org @start 
checkflag 0x826 
if 0x0 goto @nope
if 0x1 goto @yep
release
end

#org @nope
lock
faceplayer
applymovement 0x01 @move2 
msgbox @2 0x6 
release
end

#org @yep
lock
faceplayer
applymovement 0x01 @move
waitmovement 0x0 
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x01 @move3 
waitmovement 0x0 
msgbox @3 0x6
release 
end

#org @move 
#raw 0x62 
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x62 
#raw 0xFE

#org move3 
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x3 
#raw 0xFE

#org @2
= I aplogize sir but you aren't yet\nready for the terrible strength of\lthe Unknown Gym Leader. Come back\lafter you have strengthened your\lPokemon.

#org @1 
= Congratulations sir, your effort\nwill not go unrewarded.

#org @3 
= You may proceed.

I get Error 13 "type mismatch" on line 24
it says im missing dynamic label

Any help will be appreciated :)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
If it doesnt trouble anyone too much, would anyone mind helping me out with this script?
Code:
#dynamic 0x32134C

#org @start 
checkflag 0x826 
if 0x0 goto @nope
if 0x1 goto @yep
release
end

#org @nope
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @2 0x6 
release
end

#org @yep
lock
faceplayer
applymovement 0x01 @move
waitmovement 0x0 
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x01 @move3 
waitmovement 0x0 
msgbox @3 0x6
release 
end

#org @move 
#raw 0x62 
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x62 
#raw 0xFE

#org move3 
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x3 
#raw 0xFE

#org @2
= I aplogize sir but you aren't yet\nready for the terrible strength of\lthe Unknown Gym Leader. Come back\lafter you have strengthened your\lPokemon.

#org @1 
= Congratulations sir, your effort\nwill not go unrewarded.

#org @3 
= You may proceed.

I get Error 13 "type mismatch" on line 24
it says im missing dynamic label

Any help will be appreciated :)

You forgot the '@' infront of the move3 movements, so it should be:

Code:
#org [B]@[/B]move3 
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x3 
#raw 0xFE

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
I'm not understanding this.

Code:
#dynamic 0x34EB8C

#org @one
checkflag 0x826
if 0x1 goto @ready
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @yes 0x6
end

#org @ready
applymovement 0x01 @move1
pause 0x30 
waitmovement 0x0 
msgbox @go 0x6 
release
end

#org @move1 
#raw 0x62 
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0xC 
#raw 0xA 
#raw 0x30 
#raw 0xFE

#org @yes
= I apologize but you aren't yet\nready for the amazing strength of\lthe Unknown Gym Leader. Come back\lwhen you have earned the other\lbadges.

#org @go
= Your efforts will not go\nunrewarded. You may proceed.
the script works fine. the only problem is that after the script is over and i talk to him again. it keeps going every time i press a.

i forgot what im supposed to put to keep it form repeating xD

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'm not understanding this.

Code:
#dynamic 0x34EB8C

#org @one
checkflag 0x826
if 0x1 goto @ready
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @yes 0x6
end

#org @ready
pause 0x30 
waitmovement 0x0 
msgbox @go 0x6 
release
end

#org @move1 
#raw 0x62 
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0xC 
#raw 0xA 
#raw 0x30 
#raw 0xFE

#org @yes
= I apologize but you aren't yet\nready for the amazing strength of\lthe Unknown Gym Leader. Come back\lwhen you have earned the other\lbadges.

#org @go
= Your efforts will not go\nunrewarded. You may proceed.
the script works fine. the only problem is that after the script is over and i talk to him again. it keeps going every time i press a.

i forgot what im supposed to put to keep it form repeating xD

You need a new checkflag and setflag commands, plus, you need to add a level script on that map to put him in place after you come back on that map.

#org @ready
checkflag 0x1000
if 0x1 goto @done

pause 0x30
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @go 0x6
setflag 0x1000
release
end

#org @done
release
end

And as I said, you need to add a level script on that map to keep him in place.
#dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
checkflag 0x1000 (this flag should match the one that checks if he already moved)
if 0x0 goto @nothing
movesprite2 (NPC number) (X-number) (Y-number)
end

#org @nothing
release
end

There are tutorials on how to put Level Scripts.

Xperious

Ty Will kill you!
Years
EDIT: Nvm, I'm switching my rom base to Ruby. So I don't need any help on these scripts ^_^

Hey everyone, I have been having a lot of trouble with a couple of my scripts. They seem to compile fine, but when I go talk to them in-game, they don't say anything, the game doesn't freeze or anything, NOTHING happens.

I don't know what it could be, I've gotten more complex scripts than these working before. Well.. Here they are-

Rom Name: Fire red
Script Editer:
XSE

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
Years
I've got a problem with this script:
Pokémon Fire Red
XSE
Green S Tile

Spoiler:

Everything works fine. except one thing:
When this script ends, the player warps off the map.
Can someone help?

smilewolfy

pokemon photographer
Years
I know the whole give pokemon thing to your character, but how do you get professor oak to give a pokemon to your rival in firered, i deleted the starter pokemon event

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
create a possible pokemon for your rival, place it in a-trainer, example:

oak give: squirtle

then in a-trainer
rival - squirtle - assign at 0x00

oak give: charmander

then in a-trainer
rival - charmander - assign at 0x01

.. if you going to use it

check the flag you use in your picked pokemon,
if yes(picked) example: squirtle(1001) chrmander(1002) trainerbattle 0x00(rival sqt) or 0x01(rival chr)

this is just for simply script, because i dont know how to use setvars :D

Xperious

Ty Will kill you!
Years
BASE: Ruby

Okay hi everyone. I Was wondering about something. I am hacking Pokemon Ruby and i changed the starting position so the mother doesn't ask you to set your clock. So what I need to know is, if I wanted to have somebody ask me the time and then have the clock come up so I can set it, how would go about that?

Thanks in advance ^_^

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
I'm pretty sure this is an advancemap problem (I mean, I'm doing something wrong in advancemap) because I've used the same exact script elsewhere and it worked. But anyways, I have two scripts on top of each other on the tile, one of them isn't working when it should, any chance someone could help me out?

Years
I hack Fire Red and inserting level scripts again. I inserted one on the beginning map (Pallet Town 4.1), but the level script keeps repeating itself. I don't know if it is my fault or something else, but I do the following:

script type: 02 Validates values, loads... etc.
Flag: 7000
Value: 0000
Script:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x2DD1AE
setflag 0x7000
msgbox 0x82DD1BB 0x6 '"Testing."
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x2DD1BB
= Testing.

Is it maybe something with the setup script (under 'Map script offset' in ProHeader view)? I tried adding it manually but it didn't help... I've got the idea I forgot something simple...

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I hack Fire Red and inserting level scripts again. I inserted one on the beginning map (Pallet Town 4.1), but the level script keeps repeating itself. I don't know if it is my fault or something else, but I do the following:

script type: 02 Validates values, loads... etc.
Flag: 7000
Value: 0000
Script:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x2DD1AE
setflag 0x7000
msgbox 0x82DD1BB 0x6 '"Testing."
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x2DD1BB
= Testing.

Is it maybe something with the setup script (under 'Map script offset' in ProHeader view)? I tried adding it manually but it didn't help... I've got the idea I forgot something simple...

The name is a bit deceptive as isn't actually a flag that you have to set for the level script type 02, but a variable. To stop the endless repetition use this command somewhere in your script:
Code:
setvar 0x7000 0xSomethingOtherThan0

The value of your chosen variable determines when your level script will be played. In your case, you has designated that when the variable is set to 0, the script will run automatically. By changing the variable somewhere in the script to something other than your chosen value it will not run again allowing you to continue with you game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back