• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The first ever SoG thread!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 25, 2009
    the game sounds cool You going to put Oak and Agatha in ?
    Umm.. i didn't think bill was that old

Ionem

.biomechanic.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2005
    I always thought Bill was a lot older than he seemed. Thinking that he was in his late thirties/early forties, anyway...

Maybe I won't have him in, though, if it makes people wonder.

the game sounds cool You going to put Oak and Agatha in ?

SHHHH!!!!

SPOILER

The main character's young Oak, and your rival's Agatha.

SPOILER END

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
  • Real nice hack... I've got some suggestions. In one of the Pokemon episodes there was a dragonite that belonged to Lance's grandfather (it also said on the Fame Checker in FR/LG), maybe he could be the Pokemon league champion. Also maybe you could fight Giovanni (as a child), and he would give you some hints on him creating Team Rocket when he gets older. Also I think the boy and girl characters should be a young Professor Oak (the first preset name on the list should be Samuel), and young Agatha (just call her Agatha). It would be like Ruby and Sapphire, you chose one and the other can be your rival (it says that they were rivals on the Fame Checker in FR/LG).

Ionem

.biomechanic.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2005
    It's not a hack, first off. RMXP game. Heh.

You have some good suggestions, but I don't follow the TV show much, and I certainly don't want to base this around it. I already have the champion worked out, anyway, he's an original character, and more along the lines of Lance (in GSC, not RB) and Steven, he's actually in the game and plays a story role, but a rather bigger one.

Also, I don't think that I'm going to have a name choosing thing at all, and I don't think that I'm even going to call him Samuel (the name was invented in the show, never mentioned in the games. I don't deny that his name is Samuel, I do of course go along with that, but I feel it's not necessary). His name'll be Oak, and hers would be Agatha.

As for choosing a boy or girl, not possible. This game has a storyline, unlike most pok?mon games, and while for the most part the story is very nonlinear and traditional, aspects of it are about the main character (Oakie-boy).

Thanks for your suggestions, though. ;)

Ionem

.biomechanic.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2005
    Title screen. ;)

55c59f64.png

Suggestions please.

Triaspia

ooh shiney
    Years
  • maybe have it all one shade and the pokemon all diferent ones

from what i have seen so far it is realy good 7.5-8/10 professor scythes raiting: try posting new info on a regular basis

lol very good very good

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Wow this is amazing hope you'll post new screenies soon.

Ionem

.biomechanic.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2005
    Sorry for the long wait, evrybody, haha!

I've got some updates. Minor in that I don't have everything to show, but major in progress...sorta.

As far as physical progress on the game goes, there's non, actually. But there's also some stuff beyond that that's important.

My scripter, Hazarim, has begun work on the menu systems. I spent a long time ripping him screenshots for reference and making images for him to use, so it should be prety nice when it's done.

At the moment, I'm importing tons of charasets for characters, ripped by ccc or RMXP.net. There's lots. @_@

Also, I might be making a pok?mon minigame thing as a side project while I wait for Hazarim to contine with the systems. It's called Pok?mon: Reporter, and I have some vague ideas, but not much of anything yet.

Back