• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you like about the Pok?mon anime

Years
  • What do you like about the Pokèmon anime

I read some criticisms of the Pokèmon anime in this section. I myself wrote criticisms for Pokèmon.

This thread will take a different approach.
    What do you like about the Pokèmon anime?
    Also write any funny memories about Pokèmon.

1- the nature: the sunshine, the sunset , the mountains, the caves, etc
    Pokèmon is beautifully animated. I have a collection (images) of many natural places that appeared in Pokèmon.

Sinnoh_from_the_sky_zpsfbcsmbit.png

2- The songs:
    The Pokèmon theme song. Together 2008 (an opening of DP).
    No need to talk about the amazing first song of Pokèmon.
    What is better than a song that starts with a sunshine.

3- Pokèmon movies: Pokèmon the rise of darkria. Pokèmon the unnown movie. Lucario and the mystery of Mew.
    I really like how Ash and Dawn are heroes in movie 10. In movie 3: I like how ash's past was explored and the role of Charizard. In Lucario's movie, I like the story.

p169998_d_v7_aa_zpsnz7w1bsg.jpg

4- The Pokèmon: I used to collected images for Pokèmon. Now, I have the Internet. Back in 2010, my computer was full of images for lucario, eevee, cherrim, etc.
    images_zpsgzjluv0d.jpg

5- The girls of Pokèmon: Dawn, Lyra, and Serena. I guess some members will agree with me.
    images_zpsbnhabqc3.jpg

6- The beginning of the adventures: I like to watch the beginning of each series many times (again and again). Except BW.
    I like to see the introduction of the new characters and Pokèmon. I also like the music and the intro: Examples: "The Sinnoh region ....." "the Pokèmon world... ." "10 years old .....".

7- The rivals : Gary, Barry, Paul, Tierno and that ninja rival of XY.
    Gary was a motivation for Ash. Paul was the opposite of Ash. Tierno has unique dancing style.

images_zpsv98ulrdd.jpg

8- The legendary Pokèmon: Oh-Oh in the first episode. Suicune's first appearance in the lake. The lake Pokèmon in the first episode of DP.
    The way how they appeared. I like how they disappeared quickly too.

9- Pokèmon DP: beautifully animated. The moves got new animation. The Pokèmon contest was improved. Etc

10- Pokèmon the battle frontier: The first time that I felt that: Ash is a great trainer. He was against a group of tough trainers. Also, The song was amazing.
    images_zpsjhorhdbk.jpg

To be continued...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I like about the idea of an Underdog overcoming all challenge and disadvantage to reach very top where noone have reached beofore therefore becoming the Best.
    Unfortunately , The Current New writers rejected this and decided to make a show that prove that an Underdog will always be an Underdog So it stupid for them to even try achieve big dream because Big dreams are for prodigies.
    If some Underdog does tries that they will stuck in an endless circle of Failure like Ash.

Years
  • I like about the idea of an Underdog overcoming all challenge and disadvantage to reach very top where noone have reached beofore therefore becoming the Best.
    Unfortunately , The Current New writers rejected this and decided to make a show that prove that an Underdog will always be an Underdog So it stupid for them to even try achieve big dream because Big dreams are for prodigies.
    If some Underdog does tries that they will stuck in an endless circle of Failure like Ash.

One of the reasons why I like the original series is: Ash was a beginner trying to become a Pokèmon master.
    Next time: Please try to write what you like and avoid what you don't like.
    Do you like any episode? Do you like the animation? Do you like a movie?
    Why do you like it? What are your favourite parts of the Pokèmon anime?

Can you try?

Thanks

pkmin3033

The humour. Oh god, the humour before they changed the dub was fantastic. Team Rocket's constantly breaking the fourth wall and James' crossdressing. Those cheesy/cheeky moments you could NEVER get away with now in anime. The hilariously bad accents of various one-off characters. The noticeable lack of extensive filler between gym challenges. The opening themes. The Kanto/Johto series are seasons from my childhood, so I look back on them fondly.

I can't think of anything nice to say about the Hoenn episodes, so I'll skip over that.

Sinnoh...I loved everything about Sinnoh. I loved how Ash actually seemed to learn from his mistakes, and how his growth and development fed into and was influenced by Dawn's. I love how Dawn was repeatedly crushed before she actually started winning contests, and even then she was still beaten every now and then; her journey felt much more real and relatable as a result. I love how contests were more exciting. I loved the Ash/Paul dynamic and how that was ultimately resolved. Yeah, I loved everything about Sinnoh. xD

One thing I liked about Best Wishes, surprisingly, was the regular tournaments they had which spanned a few episodes. It was a great way to bring the side characters together again and show how they'd grown over their journeys, and the battles were varied and pretty well executed. They were a nice distraction from...everything else.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • The emotional connection and care that Ash has with his Pokemon. Really caused me to have the same love for them as he does. Major reason for why a lot of my favorite Pokemon were owned by him. This also meant much of the same heartbreak over Butterfree, Primeape, Pidgeot, Charizard's training.

Love the episodes when Pokemon that have been gone awhile come back. Allows me to reconnect like Ash does and means it's gonna be one of the best episodes in the series and that something great is gonna happen for Ash.

Johto-Sinnoh: I just love these regions. The Pokemon, the story, the towns and cities, the evil organizations. Just outstanding to me.

Misty, May, Dawn....etc, down to Serena (Except for Iris) These girls made the show to me. Really kept Ash in check and provided a great partner for him on his journey. From the humor to the trash talk to the discipline and everything in between, they always kept the show interesting and entertaining.

Brock - Oh how I miss Brock, bring him back!!!

Gary Oak - Nobody will ever come close to being as awesome and more of a rival than Gary. Truly the best

Years
  • The towns: the backgrounds of many places and towns in Pokèmon
    IMG_20151108_125352_zpssl3o1zlh.jpg

The Pokémon with form differences:
    I like how some Pokèmon have many forms. Specially if the way to transform is unique.
    For example:
    Shymin

images_zpsdiahpn7b.jpg

Castform

images%201_zpszydbjklt.jpg

The Pokèmon contest:
    The contest hall and the costumes
    images%206_zpsxnnj9ihe.jpg

The posters of DP:
    I like the drawing style

DP_Series_zpskjfgvlgr.png

The starters:
    The First introduction of the starters in the magazines and the trailers of the next generations

fennekin-chespin-froakie-pokemon-x-and-y-starters_zps5kk1fv93.jpg

images%203_zpsrq84umza.jpg

The maps:
    give the feeling of the adventures

images%207_zpszmpt3auv.jpg

images%205_zpsv4knkooc.jpg

images%204_zpscqaigwyq.jpg

Back