• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald: Adding New Evolution Methods

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
  • Spoiler:
    Step 1 (Extending the table and limiters)
    Spoiler:

Step 2 (Porting routines from FireRed to Emerald)
    Spoiler:

Step 3 (Making the routine work in the game)
    Spoiler:

Here Are The currently ported routines:
    Spoiler:

Final Notes
    Spoiler:

Credits: kearnseyboy6 for the tut in FireRed and everyone credited in his thread
    jirachiwishmaker for the emerald offsets i currently have
    PurpleOrange for finding the table's location in emerald

I Still Need more offset so if anybody finds some, post here!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Do you have the ASM code for the Gender-based Dawn Stone evolution for Emerald? I have implemented Dawn Stone for my Emerald hack (example any free item index number) that will evolve a male Kirlia and a female Snorunt into Gallade and Froslass respectively.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Do you have the ASM code for the Gender-based Dawn Stone evolution for Emerald? I have implemented Dawn Stone for my Emerald hack (example any free item index number) that will evolve a male Kirlia and a female Snorunt into Gallade and Froslass respectively.

The Code for dawn stone isn't inserted like normal evo methods... Pretty much only Gogo has a dawn stone code but it's for fire red and not public. Soory bro,

Btw, if anybody knows the offset that checks time in EM? I need it for time based evolutions.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • The Code for dawn stone isn't inserted like normal evo methods... Pretty much only Gogo has a dawn stone code but it's for fire red and not public. Soory bro,

Btw, if anybody knows the offset that checks time in EM? I need it for time based evolutions.

But you could just create a new item as use that as an evolution stone. So really there is no secret code for doing so.
    And just a theory but to creat a gender based evolution stone what you could do is take the base evolution stone asm copy it and edit it so it adds an additional check for the gender. Idk if it would work but still.:)

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • I'm sorry about bumping this thread, but it has to be known. Okay, so checking this with expanded mons, even changing offsets to the new offsets (base stats and move data), I can confirm that the new evolution methods will NOT work.

Years
  • I have had found out the currentweather ram of Emerald, so now has the new evolution method of Raining in the Overworld (Goodra) for Emerald.

Code
    Spoiler:

Back