• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Gal's Palette Editor [BETA 1 RELEASED]

xGal

Mhm
Years
  • Gal's Palette Editor

So, I was really disappointed of APE. It is really old and always gives annoying errors.

I wanted to make such a tool for quite a long time.

It will be an open-source tool so everyone who is better than me in C# and has more ideas could always improve it.

Features
    • Editing palettes quite easily
    • Converting colors from RGB to GBA and the opposite
    • Load palette files such as .PAL without errors (unlike APE)
    • Simple GUI
    • Bookmarks. You can add your own bookmarks through an .INI file

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Downloads
    Check this post: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8904872&postcount=6

Credits
    • Lost Heart - Answering all my stupid questions
    • Microsoft - Visual Studio 2013

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Very nice. I'd like to see a search system like in APE, even bookmarks would be nice too. Is the "load' button meant to be for importing palettes? If so I'd change it to avoid any confusion.

xGal

Mhm
    Years
  • Very nice. I'd like to see a search system like in APE, even bookmarks would be nice too. Is the "load' button meant to be for importing palettes? If so I'd change it to avoid any confusion.

Yeah, it does import palettes. I didn't really think how confusing it can be XD. I will change it to "import". And I do plan to add searching and bookmarks :D.

xGal

Mhm
    Years
  • OK so I am gonna release Beta 1.0 for ya guys...
    I am probably gonna regret it because I will realise that I fogot something important but nvm...

Let's do a fancier release:

Beta 1.0
    Release notes:

• GBA to RGB isn't working currently
    • Exporting a palette isn't working currently as well
    • There are quite a few bookmarks that are already included in the program but if you have another offset that I didn't include, please let me know it. It will not hurt anybody and you will be credited.

The dowlnoad is in the attachments of this post. The source code is in my GitHub, located here: https://github.com/Omastars. Just click at "GalsPaletteEditor". There is another one, "Gal-sPaletteEditor", which is empty, I did it by accident lol.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Very nice for a first beta, although like mentioned it would be nice to have a preview or something for the current color if not all of them. Any chance you could add support for .bmp palettes? And how will you handle 256 color palettes?

EDIT: also here's a single palette for you because I had it written down:
    D11B86 - battle hp box palette

Last edited:

xGal

Mhm
    Years
  • Very nice for a first beta, although like mentioned it would be nice to have a preview or something for the current color if not all of them. Any chance you could add support for .bmp palettes? And how will you handle 256 color palettes?

EDIT: also here's a single palette for you because I had it written down:
    D11B86 - battle hp box palette

I will be honest here, I have no idea how can I make a preview of the color XD

I will try to look at BMP palettes.

About the 256 colors, you can handle this now by doing this:

Go to an offset and import the first 16 colors. After this, go to the same offset + 32 bytes and import the next 16 colors. Then go the offset + 32 bytes again, import the next 16 colors and so on. This is basically what you do with APE. If I will be in the mood I will make a function that adds 32 to the offset provided in a text box.

Thank you very much for the offset! But I suppose you forgot to mention for which game version it is XD.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2015
    Looks very good for my bro ! :) Waiting for more updates! and for main version ^^

Back