• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Hack-off II: Team One

It's story time! Which do you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PKMDfan

The Pokemon Guru
Years
  • So the game is going to be about the travel through the distortion world and Sinnoh Pokemon for the starters and Arceus the pokemon god are all we have right now.[/QUOTE

not really since no other writers are online ill release a storyline and see what you guys think.

btw we should get a skype chat and we need some ideas for features (day night, how many pokemons)

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2016
    I'm starting a skype PKMDfan just need skype info
    i will be under the name of Elliot Shuman

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    I have an story idea, too.

The hero/heroine resides in a town on a snowbound island in the center of the region. While in town, you spot a pokemon running towards [title] mountain. You follow it until you reach the base of the mountain, where an avalanche occurs. You save the pokemon (who becomes your starter), but the path is blocked, so you are forced to find another way through the mountain. When you eventually reach the peak, you happen upon a Pokemon (Kyurem) trapped within a large block of ice. The ice melts as you move closer, releasing the Pokemon and knocking you into the sea below in the process.

You wake up having floated to some mainland town where you witness [professor] being questioned by a shady character. You help him and he explains that Kyurem has been cause havoc and that a team has come out of hiding in order to harness its power. You tell him of your situation, and he sets you all up for your journey (pokedex, pokeballs, etc). The initial part of the game would be about returning home (where you'd learn about the history of the islands creation, Kyurem, and team Ice). The second part would be about stopping the two.

...yeah, pretty basic. There could be more detail here and there, but that's the gist anyway.

Years
  • I have an story idea, too.

The hero/heroine resides in a town on a snowbound island in the center of the region. While in town, you spot a pokemon running towards [title] mountain. You follow it until you reach the base of the mountain, where an avalanche occurs. You save the pokemon (who becomes your starter), but the path is blocked, so you are forced to find another way through the mountain. When you eventually reach the peak, you happen upon a Pokemon (Kyurem) trapped within a large block of ice. The ice melts as you move closer, releasing the Pokemon and knocking you into the sea below in the process.

You wake up having floated to some mainland town where you witness [professor] being questioned by a shady character. You help him and he explains that Kyurem has been cause havoc and that a team has come out of hiding in order to harness its power. You tell him of your situation, and he sets you all up for your journey (pokedex, pokeballs, etc). The initial part of the game would be about returning home (where you'd learn about the history of the islands creation, Kyurem, and team Ice). The second part would be about stopping the two.

...yeah, pretty basic. There could be more detail here and there, but that's the gist anyway.

Join the irc. The link is in the first post

xGal

Mhm
    Years
  • I don`t really like the idea of traveling through Sinnoh and through the Distortion World. Most of us have already played Pokémon D/P/Pt, so doing the exact same things over again may seem not quite original.

I do not understand why we need a skype group, we have an IRC which is more than enough.

Now, I repeat myself - I am the worst storyline creator ever born (my stories are even worst than Lost Heart`s) but I am gonna suggest some muk anyways:

It is more than okay to make the game happening in a region that was already being used in an official Pokémon game, but I really don`t feel like it should have the same story as the official game.
    We can make a story that is based on the legendary Pokémon from the game.

In the other hand, we can make a new region with a completely new story, which seems the best option in my opinion but it is harder.

I am not the one that decides the storyline but these are my suggestions.

Speaking of a completely different subject, I don`t know if all the teams have a music composer that is capable of making a complete original regional set. I have never tried doing a complete regional set but thanks to the summer holidays, I have time and I think I am capable of doing a complete regional set.
    I already started composing something that can be used as the evil team`s encounter theme.

Etherion

Writer reporting for duty! I'll come up w ith storyline later (its lik 3:53am here)

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • I don`t really like the idea of traveling through Sinnoh and through the Distortion World. Most of us have already played Pokémon D/P/Pt, so doing the exact same things over again may seem not quite original.

I do not understand why we need a skype group, we have an IRC which is more than enough.

Now, I repeat myself - I am the worst storyline creator ever born (my stories are even worst than Lost Heart`s) but I am gonna suggest some muk anyways:

It is more than okay to make the game happening in a region that was already being used in an official Pokémon game, but I really don`t feel like it should have the same story as the official game.
    We can make a story that is based on the legendary Pokémon from the game.

In the other hand, we can make a new region with a completely new story, which seems the best option in my opinion but it is harder.

I am not the one that decides the storyline but these are my suggestions.

Speaking of a completely different subject, I don`t know if all the teams have a music composer that is capable of making a complete original regional set. I have never tried doing a complete regional set but thanks to the summer holidays, I have time and I think I am capable of doing a complete regional set.
    I already started composing something that can be used as the evil team`s encounter theme.
    None of that ever happened in my story...

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Good work today guys! I'm really glad that most of us could meet up today. Like I put in the first post, since most of us live in or around EST we'll hopefully be meeting around 2:00 PM as often as possible to chat on the IRC. For those of you that can't make it, I can organize a second time (I go to sleep pretty late) or you can just come to me and I'll keep you filled in.

Etherion

These are all based of the areas of my old roleplaying forum
    Spoiler:

Etherion

Guys! I voted for Emerd as the rom base. And as for the features: decap, DN cycle, fairy mons' and moves, increased shiny rate, missions, PSS split!

I suggested a storyline idea to pkmdfan, and since I cant come to the irl meetings, can you fill them with the details pkmdfan? Thanks :3

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • I don't like my idea about Arceus and the plates... I like my Silver idea, and I think everyone else did too.

Also, everyone here voted on the poll for the game, and most of us voted FireRed. So, can we have a new poll? Or do we have to wait for it to close?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Well guys, it looks like all 10 of us have voted on the poll (or at least 10 people claiming to be us)! As of now, this will be a hack of FireRed! :)

I don't like my idea about Arceus and the plates... I like my Silver idea, and I think everyone else did too.

Also, everyone here voted on the poll for the game, and most of us voted FireRed. So, can we have a new poll? Or do we have to wait for it to close?

I'll get a poll up as soon as I can get this one reset and think of a question for the team.

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • Me, eps, and DarkPsychic did this:

Professor Fennel visits
    Darkrai steals Cresselia's Lunar Wing. Darkrai gives everyone nightmares.
    Munna eats dreams to make nightmares go away (before you have the Lunar Wing)
    Darkrai lives in an abandoned city where there are people who are scared and think their nightmares are real.
    Darkrai controls people and Pokemon through their nightmares
    Cresselia helps the player get back the Lunar Wing.
    The Lunar Wing wakes everyone up.
    Darkrai is defeated

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh God, please no new types. It's unoriginal, has been done many times and almost always turned out bad.

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    I think we should get a Skype chat started after all. That way, everybody can keep up with the conversation even when they're not around.

Back