• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Things we were looking forward to...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When X and Y were first announced, a lot of us had our own ideas on what we wanted to wanted to see in these games. Luckily, a few of them did make it through, but others, however, did not.

If we could remember, what are some things that we wanted them to implement in XY? Had they been actually delivered, or had they not? If latter, why do we feel they did not decide to consider this option? Would we like to see GameFreak make this feature available in some future game?

Let's be as creative as we can; go wild, everyone!

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
The only thing I remember wanting and being disappointed by was a relatively minor thing that would have been a great addition: The bottom screen showing your party. Right now it shows the PSS, Pokemon Amie and the Super Training screens (and in ORAS also the Dexnav, Area Nav and Buzznav screens) but something I always wanted ever since I first saw gen 4 on the DS was to have an option where your party is constantly open on the bottom screen showing all six party pokemon and as you go through the game you can tap whichever one to use their HM move without having to open the menu screen as well as as you travel, pokemon that have the Pickup Ability will just appear holding items after battles so you can tap and take their items instead of opening up the menu screen again. That's literally the only thing I wanted.

Reactions: Sun
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
The only thing I remember wanting and being disappointed by was a relatively minor thing that would have been a great addition: The bottom screen showing your party. Right now it shows the PSS, Pokemon Amie and the Super Training screens (and in ORAS also the Dexnav, Area Nav and Buzznav screens) but something I always wanted ever since I first saw gen 4 on the DS was to have an option where your party is constantly open on the bottom screen showing all six party pokemon and as you go through the game you can tap whichever one to use their HM move without having to open the menu screen as well as as you travel, pokemon that have the Pickup Ability will just appear holding items after battles so you can tap and take their items instead of opening up the menu screen again. That's literally the only thing I wanted.
This would have been so convenient, but the closest thing we have to that is that the Super Training menu lets you see them and what order they're in, and whether they're fainted or not.

Looking back, I probably would have wanted the option to at least transfer some BW Pokémon to XY without needing to have a Pokémon Bank membership thingy.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
When customization was first revealed, we thought there are going to include DLC outfits, outfits of the previous protagonists from Leaf to Nate. When OrAs was announced, we were expecting a patch for battle compatibility.

A small group of fans also hoped that more events to be distributed for Gen VI.

Howmander's point is definitely interesting, I haven't think of those.

I was personally expecting Pokémon Contest for XY, since we have Paris as our main inspiration for this generation.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I think that the things I was looking forward to in X/Y when it was first revealed was trainer customization and Tyrunt. And to see how Mega Evolution would go. Was also hoping for an expansive post game....but lol that didn't happen.

Years
I vaguely remember hearing hints that the Vs. Seeker would be in the game. But it wasn't, and there are very few trainers that can actually be rematched.

But on the note of what did come with the game, I think getting to use so many Pokémon was one thing I definitely awaited well.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Being able to toggle running

hahaha, nope

Gym Leader rematches

hahaha, nope

Elite Four/Champion get a level-boost post-game

hahaha, nope

Being able to cosplay as past Gen protags

Barely; You can pull off a rough Touko impersonation as female and a rather easy X/Y Ash impersonation as male (Ironically with Red's Gen I Hat (there's even a green pin you can buy...)

Really hope we get a Pokemon Z (Dragonball references aside) that fixes X&Y's problems, such as including ORAS's Mega Evolutions, expanded/new areas to explore, rematches (similar to the PokeNav+ that notifies you) and more customization, and maybe reduce the clothing prices by 5000 for Lumiose's Botique

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
I was looking forward to style my character and buying him clothes, and thank god it happened.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
As for me, I've wanted them to bring back walking-Pokémon feature.

To me, this seemed to have been a very cute little detail; as soon as they'd re-introduced this mechanic in HeartGold and SoulSilver, it instantly grew on me, and led me to want them to Incorporate it in every one of their future title releases.

It was very disappointing to see following-Pokémon not make it into these two games, that's for sure. In their third very, I'm strongly hoping that they figure out a way to implement this again.

Years
I was one who was hoping for customization, and well it did happen.

But another thing I wanted that didn't make it in was the Vs. Seeker, like what Pendra said. Doesn't help there aren't many trainers you can easily rematch, aside from the Battle Chateau, restaurants, Elite Four and also rematches with Calem/Serena and Emma (as "Essentia").

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I agree; it also would have been sweet if they were to bring Vs. Seeker back. There are a lot of stronger trainers out there than Elite Four, Battle Chateau members, and so forth, and due to in-existence of this device, we are unable to re-battle them, which is definitely sort of disappointing to see. If we were given chance to have rematches against these people, I'm sure training would have been much, much more easy (although it already was, kind of, thanks to their new Experience Share, but not everyone was fond of it, and those who weren't have likely kept it turned off).

Back