• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bigger movesets ???

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 10, 2022
Like in Super Pokémon Eevee Edition i want to make this possible in my game.

How can I change the limit of moves each pokemon can use in battle?

I want to choose from a bigger moveset even if this is not like the original game mechanics.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Funny this question has popped up, I'm looking in to this myself, the easy thing to notice with your request however... You're speaking about a game that was created using Rpg Maker 2k3, which has been edited and such, by himself (or whoever), but PE, is created based on the games (which only uses 4 moves max), unfortunately for you, you will need scripting knowledge (vastly), to understand what to edit, mainly since all the scripts that need editing are like 0..4 and moves etc. It's these that make the moves fixed to 4, however, there's more to it than that, you'll probably have to look in to HM/TM's, CPU Pokémon and so forth... But good news is, if you can figure this out, you're on for a winner... Bad news... Once you've figured out that, you've then got the nice problem of showing all these extra moves in battle (if you haven't changed the layout of the battle that is), it seems more of a long job than a hard job to me, but definitely possible.

Try looking for anything in PokeBattle_Battle that uses 0..4 or something similar that checks moves immediately after.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Funny this question has popped up, I'm looking in to this myself, the easy thing to notice with your request however... You're speaking about a game that was created using Rpg Maker 2k3, which has been edited and such, by himself (or whoever), but PE, is created based on the games (which only uses 4 moves max), unfortunately for you, you will need scripting knowledge (vastly), to understand what to edit, mainly since all the scripts that need editing are like 0..4 and moves etc. It's these that make the moves fixed to 4, however, there's more to it than that, you'll probably have to look in to HM/TM's, CPU Pokémon and so forth... But good news is, if you can figure this out, you're on for a winner... Bad news... Once you've figured out that, you've then got the nice problem of showing all these extra moves in battle (if you haven't changed the layout of the battle that is), it seems more of a long job than a hard job to me, but definitely possible.

Try looking for anything in PokeBattle_Battle that uses 0..4 or something similar that checks moves immediately after.
You also need to edit every move screen to reflect the extra moves, like summary move screen and battle move screen.

This isn't a hard edit, but isn't a easy too. Just like Nickaloose said, is a long job.

Back