• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen V Mixed Tier] RMTs please

Years
  • Hello again, this RMT is a remake of a previous one that wasn't done properly and when I was unsure about PC a bit, but now I'm aware and I decided to remake them. This RMT will cover 2 teams so It'll be allot and of course mistakes are bound to happen so please bear with me.

Team A

TEAM CONSTRUCTION

First I figured that sweepers were an easier part of making a team, I also figured a fast sweeper would be best, the first pokemon that came to mind was Yanmega
    469.png

I was also interested in using Acrobatics+Flying Gem, so I checked on who would be the most capable user of this and I figured Archeops to be it. Archeops then became my main Physical Sweeper
    469.png
    567.png

For Defense, I decided to use one of the Regi's and finalized on Registeel because of his mono-steel type and various resistances.
    469.png
    567.png
    379.png

Specially Defensive was a bit tougher, but I narrowed it down to Gastrodon for a reason I cannot recall, but I'll assume it's because of its' access to Stockpile and only weak to grass
    469.png
    567.png
    379.png
    423.png

I needed to have a Rapid Spinner since Yanmega would lose 1/2 of his HP to Stealth Rocks, I decided on Hitmontop in the end of things.

469.png
    567.png
    379.png
    423.png
    237.png

Now I needed a lead, I assumed a fast lead with Fake Out would be best, I knew Ambipom would be the best choice, but decided to go with Persian instead.
    469.png
    567.png
    379.png
    423.png
    237.png
    53.png

Later I realized that Persian wouldn't cut it and I decided against Ambipom because I feel he's a bit more common in what he does. I still wanted Fake Out and even though she doesn't get Technician, she Does get Scrappy, so I'm seeing if Kangaskhan would be a viable option

469.png
    567.png
    379.png
    423.png
    237.png
    115.png

After looking at my team's weaknesses and resitances, I had 4 common weaknesses. Ice, Electric, Fire and Flying. So I was stumped on what pokemon resisted those 4 types that wasn't in Uber Hilariously, the pokemon that I tried to put on many teams ended up being on this one, when I didn't even consider it. The next change in my 6th slot is Lanturn

469.gif
    567.gif
    379.gif
    423.gif
    237.gif
    171.gif

TEAM ANALYSIS

LEAD+SPINNER
    237.png

Hitmontop@Leftovers
    Intimidate
    Impish Nature
    252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp.Def

-Rapid Spin
    -Foresight
    -Close Combat
    -Sucker Punch

Originally, It was going to have Rapid Spin and Bulk Up, but I was told that Hitmontop can't use both, it's either one or the other. I felt that Spinning was allot more useful and stuck with it. Later(meaning on 7/24) after deciding a replacement for Persian/Kangaskhan, I appointed Hitmontop as my Lead for this team.

Sweepers

469.png

Yanmega @Focus Sash
    Speed Boost
    Timid
    252 Spe / 252 Sp.Atk / 4HP

Protect/Substitute
    Bug Buzz
    Ancient Power
    Air Slash

I was always interested in Yanmega and figured that as a Special Sweeper he wouldn't be too bad. Protect is mainly for Speed Boost, though in that time my opponent could switch so something faster, so I was thinking Substitute so even if they do switch it's not much of a problem unless I somehow can't hit them, but If I do use Substitute, I'll have to replace the Focus Sash with something else.

567.png

Archeops @Flying Gem
    Defeatist
    Jolly Nature
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4HP

Acrobatics
    Rock Slide
    U-Turn
    Earthquake

I've always been curious about Archeops and after seeing it in a couple of battles I decided to take a look at him. With a really nice Attack and Speed stat I figured would make him a great Physical Sweeper, but access to Acrobatics with STAB is what mostly got me interested in it.

WALLS/DEFENSE
    379.png

Registeel @Leftovers
    Clear Body
    Careful Nature
    252 HP 4 Def 252 SDef

-Stealth Rock
    -Thunder Wave
    -Iron Head
    -Ice Punch

I'd much prefer if I used Registeel to be a virtual Physically Iron Wall with Iron Defense and be ok Specially Defensive since both of it's defenses are the same, but I was told that Giving Steel a moveset like this would be best.
    423.png

Gastrodon @Lum Berry
    Storm Drain
    Calm Nature
    212 HP 252 Def 44 SpD

Toxic
    Recover
    Earth Power
    Scald

Like Registeel, I'd prefer if Gastrodon could use the access to defense boosting moves like Stockpile to the fullest potential, but I was also told that a set like this worked best.

171.png

Lanturn@ Leftovers
    Volt Absorb
    Calm Nature
    40 HP / 216 Def / 252 Sp. Def

Heal Bell
    Thunder Wave
    Surf/Thunder Bolt
    Ice Beam

Figures the one pokemon I needed was the one I tried to put on a team, then forget about. Originally, I was going to run a Parafusion set with Thunder Wave/Confuse Ray/Stockpile/Surf but after looking up sets for this one, I figured this might work. I need Heal Bell incase some of my pokemon get hit with statuses, Thunderwave to slow them down, Surf/Thunderbolt for STAB and Ice Beam for Ground and Grass Coverage. I don't really like having 2 pokemon with the same items, but Lanturn needs Leftovers.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Now for Team B. Team B is a bit different, it's more so my experiment with Unova-only Pokemon outside what's most commonly used. Originally I was following PVGC rules, but I remembered that it was in Doubles format, which I'm significantly horrible at(actually I'm terrible overall). For this team, there were some Pokemon that I decided against using because I either:
    a) Have Used those Pokemon on the Team that this is being remade from
    or
    b)Are too commonly used(though I think I'm using 1 or 2 commonly used pokemon, maybe not OU but used often )
    These Pokemon(that fufill either or both) would include:

635.png

612.png

530.png

-
    549.png
    (used)
    537.png
    (used)
    579.png
    (used)
    589.png
    (used)
    604.png
    (used)
    593.png
    (used)
    638.png
    (used)
    639.png

534.png

547.png

Though I'm sure that some of these pokemon would be better suited for places on my team, I have a tendency on not liking to use Pokemon that are used often or that I've used on a team before(that's probably not a good way to think in COMPETITIVE Pokemon, but I haven't been able to change). Either way, continuing on...

Team B

TEAM CONSTRUCTION

Galvantula was a definite on this team regardless on who else I put.
    596.png

I needed a lead, and Gigalith caught my eye with Sturdy and Stealth Rock, so it could(in most cases) always set up Rocks.
    596.png
    526.png

I needed a Pokemon similar to Gigalith, but a tad faster and few weaknesses, after seeing Scrafty's Dark/Fighting Type and his stats, I put him on the team
    596.png
    526.png

I lacked Special overall on this team, so I chose Sigyliph to be one of my walls along with Scrafty.
    596.png
    526.png
    560.png
    561.png

A Pure Water Pokemon was necessary, so I looked at Alomomoa, Basculin and Simipour side by side and found Simipour to be a better option than the two.
    596.png
    526.png
    560.png
    561.png
    516.png

a pokemon that's immune to Electric would've helped my team, and a faster Physical Attacker. I chose Zebstrika because of his Motor Drive ability, already high Speed and High attack (since Eelektross was on my previous team I decided against him)
    596.png
    526.png
    560.png
    561.png
    516.png
    523.png

Team Analysis

Lead
    526.png

Gigalith @Leftovers
    Sturdy
    Adamant
    252 HP 252 Atk 4 Def

-Stealth Rock
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Explosion

Though I'd prefer 252 Def and maxing it out with Curse even further, I guess as a lead, it's better like this set which was said that this is better as a lead

SWEEPERS
    596.png

Galvantula @Wide Lens
    CompoundEyes
    Timid Nature
    252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

Thunder
    Bug Buzz
    Hidden Power Ice
    Energy Ball

I've always liked Galvantula, and Compoundeyes and Wide Lens plus Access to Thunder and it's fast which Immediately put it on my team

523.png

Zebstrika @Air Balloon
    Motor Drive
    Jolly Nature
    252 Speed 252 Atk 4 HP

Wild Charge
    Flame Charge
    Protect/Return
    Pursuit

Zebstrika may not be too good, but he'll be useful with his Motor Drive ability and pretty good Attack and Speed. The Air Balloon is to be safer around Ground attacks.

516.png

Simipour @Sitrus Berry
    Gluttony
    Modest Nature
    252 Sp.Atk 252 Spd 4 Hp

Surf
    Protect
    Focus Blast
    Ice Beam

I was considering about running a mixed set, but my team needs more special attackers so for now, Simipour is Special Based. I needed a pure water-type for the team and Simipour was the best option I could get. The Sitrus Berry will activate at 1/2 hp with Gluttony

WALLS/DEFENSE

560.png

Scrafty @Life Orb
    Shed Skin
    Adamant Nature
    252 HP/8 Atk/248 SDef

Bulk Up
    Drain Punch
    Rest
    Payback

Wasn't too sure about Scrafty at first but I've seen him at work and I like him, though I'd prefer Ice Punch over Rest just to hit Dragons a tad harder but I was told that Drain Punch Can't do all of my healing.

561.png

Sigilyph @Flame Orb
    Magic Guard
    Timid Nature
    252 Speed 128 Sp.Atk 132 HP

Psycho Shift
    Whirlwind
    Psychic
    Roost

After seeing an analysis on Sigyliph, I was really attracted to it, being able to burn a couple of pokemon and be immune to status inflictions itself(through Flame Orb+Magic Guard) put him on the team for me.

Whew, that took a while to write(I think 2 hours overall), and that was probably a pain for you too read, but any constructive advice on this team is welcomed, thanks for reading all the way through.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For the second team, I think Scrafty could be a bit more bulkier. Use 252 HP/8 Atk/248 SDef so that you have an easier time taking Special Attacks, since Bulk Up only boosts Attack and Defense.

Back