• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Bridges of Unova

Years
  • Skyarrow_Bridge_entrance_BW.png

The Unova region is known for its amazing landmarks, but the most notable among them are five bridges dotted throughout the region - Skyarrow Bridge, Driftveil Drawbridge, Tubeline Bridge, Village Bridge and Marvelous Bridge. Each bridge has its differences, but are all showcased for their stunning beauty and ingame graphical capabilities, especially Skyarrow's camera angles.

What was your fave bridge?
    Did you enjoy Skyarrow Bridge's beautiful camera angle changes?
    Did you ever collect the wings on Driftveil Drawbridge and Marvelous Bridge?
    Did you ever battle the "Black Empoleon" gangsters on Tubeline Bridge?

Do share your thoughts! I'd be excited to hear about them.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I love the bridges! I feel like they're a very distinctive part of Unova, the region having so many and all. I thought they all had really neat effects and camera angles, and really showed off some of the new rendering techniques we hadn't seen before 5th gen.

ElCabron

Su Cabronito!
    Years
  • I LOVE THEM! It gave Unova so much personality. It was the only game (pokemon) I have played that really made me pay attention to the little things. And pair it up with Unova's music and MAH GOD it turns out to be a piece of art that totally proves a game can be beautiful without PC-Like graphics.

I love most of the bridges, but Skyarrow, Drawbridge and and Village's bridge was... Wonderful. To be honest, all of them are. But my fave is between Village and Drawbridge.

PS: Is not N's Bridge part of it? If so, this one is my definitely fave.
    PS2: RECEIVE THE MISSION (N's bridge theme! <<<<<<3333333)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    First, I like all the bridges. As Cathy says they are distinct part of the Unova region, in other words a signature of the busy region. :)

My favorite one is Village Bridge.
    Spoiler:

It doesn't look fancy and flashy like most of the modern bridge, but I just love it a lot.~
    The music and the Dark musicians of Village Bridge are my favorite part.

There are interesting quotes from this place as well, such as
    Man: This house kinda has a nice atmosphere, doesn't it?
    Woman: This house kinda smells like Patrat, doesn't it?

Years
  • I agree with most of the comments, the bridges give Unova personality and shows off its image as a region that's busy and well-developed. My personal fave of the bridges was Skyarrow Bridge with its awesome camera angles, but I also loved Village Bridge and Marvelous Bridge going by design alone.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Ah, I do like them, but I do wish there was something more to them, then just enjoying the scenery, you know? Like if there was few trainers or so on a few of them (like the bridge to Callistio City), then it'd be pretty epic to see battles with that landscape overhead!

Otherwise, yeah, they're a really cool part of the pokemon games to just travel to and unwind to really enjoy more on what these games have to offer you!

Years
  • I can understand Shawn here, it would have been cool to see trainers on Skyarrow Bridge with those awesome camera angles (plus you have to admit that for a DS game, it did a good job pushing graphical capabilities) but Tubeline Bridge does have trainer battles in a way, the gangster group "Black Empoleon" which is only encountered on Friday evenings.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    If you guys meant to say something like this,

Spoiler:

then that would be cool. Technically it's possible to do so, as they've introduced detailed battle backgrounds in PokeStudio. But then, we're stuck with these...

Ah, I'm stopping from here or I'll be going off-topic. XD

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • All the bridges were cool but one stood out for me and that was the Village Bridge. Though noting spectacular, it's really cool with the story behind it, the homes built on it, the fact someone oversees that it is taken care of and that it is just so peaceful. It was like a little oasis in the middle of a grueling route.

As for the other questions, I did enjoy the camera angles though i would've like them more if they didn't change so often, at least they did to me anyways. I would've preferred a couple less angles so we could enjoy the others for a bit longer.
    I did not collect the wings on the Driftveil and Marvelous bridges, wasn't my thing really.
    Lastly, I definitely battled that gang, let's just say they won't be bothering me ever again ;) haha

Years
  • My favourite bridge is Village Bridge; it's a peaceful little place in the middle of two difficult routes, and the music is amazing. But I love Skyarrow Bridge too; the changing angles and the view over the highway makes it feel dynamic and alive.

Driftveil Drawbridge is nice, too; it has some really melancholy music. I remember spending ages collecting feathers for my Simisage there, and on Marvellous Bridge. I remember battling the gang on Tubeline Bridge as well. That was fun. ^_^

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I loved the bridges and I liked how there's one part where they focus on different angles on you even though all you do is just crossing the bridges. It's a minor part but they handled it very well.

Years
  • I loved the bridges and I liked how there's one part where they focus on different angles on you even though all you do is just crossing the bridges. It's a minor part but they handled it very well.

I do agree. The camera angles and graphics were quite advanced for a DS game, it pretty much showed you how capable the system was. Not even a 6th Gen Pokemon game on the 3DS had a camera angle going in a rounded turn like on Skyarrow Bridge, and that's what I loved about that bridge in particular.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I was stoked when I first saw the bridges in Unova ! Well, I love Unova, and the new camera angles really helped me to got into this game.

Years
  • My favorite bridge was Village Bridge. I like the face it has houses built on it and the extra musicians that can add to the background music.

The changing camera angles were awe-inspiring on Skyarrow Bridge. It's my second most favorite bridge because of that.

I did try collecting the wings on Driftveil and Marvelous Bridges.

I think I battled the gang squad on Tubeline Bridge once or twice.

Overall, I found the different bridges in Unova to be wonderful details that enhanced the experience of the Generation 5 games.

Back