• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Face Palm Post

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Nobody starts off perfect. Everyone has that one thing they write, and when they look back at it a couple weeks later, think it's completely terrible...Okay maybe not everyone
    What's that one post/SU that you look back at and immediately groan or face palm?
    For me it's gotta be my Gunpowder, Venice and Stars of Sinnoh SUs.
    They're just so bad...

Years
  • Probably years ago now back when I first started roleplaying. I had no idea what I was doing, and I look back at my very first post now and just shake my head, wondering how I could write anything so awful.

It doesn't happen so much anymore, especially because I force myself to sit on anything I write for a day, then go back and look at it and make sure it isn't crap. Means more work for me, and leads to maybe one out of every three posts I write getting scrapped, but I feel its worth it.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2015
    When I was 8 or 9, my father let me on the computer and pointed me to a pokemon website that had a fanfiction section and told me to write up what I would often pretend.
    I hope to god nobody finds that post, ever. I can handle my poorly written fanfiction that I made before, but that... that's a step even further below what you think an eight year old's first post on the internet would be.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'm lucky to have only started this RPing thing somewhat recently, so i don't have childish posts to look back on. Reading back through my posts does show that I've never been a great writer, though :D

Years
  • Oh come on Ice, you must have something. Just because you're a moderator now doesn't mean you have to be perfect.

Anything? An attempt at fan fiction back in the day? An essay from fourth grade? Do share, we're all curious. :D

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Oh come on Ice, you must have something. Just because you're a moderator now doesn't mean you have to be perfect.

Anything? An attempt at fan fiction back in the day? An essay from fourth grade? Do share, we're all curious. :D

If I was perfect, I'd be a better writer, haha. I've only started writing this year, really, although I probably have some world building stuff that's cringe worthy to look at.

Also, while typing this I remember that I joined an RP on a Dutch forum when I was thirteen, but I never even wrote a post for that. I did a lot of cringeworthy stuff back in the day, I'm just lucky that most of it isn't roleplay related, haha.

Weazel

Writing posts he doesn't submit.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2018
    Some of my old character bios from six years ago are still floating around the internet. Those things are painful to even remember, let alone reread after all these years.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Legit everything. Too many posts to name, man. But basically everything that I didn't plot out beforehand is horseshit. Remember kids: be ambitious but not too ambitious.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Ahahahahaha Rika knows the first SU I wrote which was a crock of garbage. It was a Pokemon x Inuyasha crossover RP several years back. I'll see if I can still find it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ahahahahaha Rika knows the first SU I wrote which was a crock of garbage. It was a Pokemon x Inuyasha crossover RP several years back. I'll see if I can still find it.
    c;

I have never written anything embarrassing. I was always superb.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers (Looking at you, Rika.) infracted warned me for an aweful one-liner post back when I was ten-years old. I was so terrible.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Every SU I've ever made. Every post I've ever made. I'm just here to fulfill GP's GP fantasies that he didn't even know he had. And I get into some other stuff every now and then to mess around.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • ^ Indeed.

c;

I have never written anything embarrassing. I was always superb.

2vDU5CR.gif

As for myself, I share Ice's sentiments in that I am fairly new to the roleplaying scene. Although, to be fair, that doesn't mean I've never written anything cringeworthy....

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Easy! When I first arrived to the Corner I jumped straight into War Between Pokemon and Humans with zero experience in any roleplaying concepts!

I'm sure you all can guess how that turned out!
    Give an Oorah for Mark Vargas, infamous sniper and man who will never see light again as every reboot of the RP seems cursed to die

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • My first SU ever. I mean, who doesn't? I deemed myself a good enough writer so why not dip into RPing. Oh boy, I was eaten alive. It was a Pokemon journey RP, and I made character resembling Red. My RP sample was just a bunch of dialogue. AND TO TOP IT OFF, THERE WERE NO MORE SLOTS AND YET I WAS STILL TRYING TO GET IN.

I was fourteen IIRC.

Back